Other Resources > Vendor Discussion & Reviews

When is it appropriate to ask for a refund?

(1/2) > >>

kbernstein:
Bit of a legal question, bit of a moral question.
Bought a GPS mount on august 22, received early september. Tons of play, not secure at all, might damage a GPS if used. Contacted support, sent a vid and they agreed it wasn't normal and sent a new one. Received 17th, has the exact same issue. Neither of us think I installed it wrong, my GPS is an official garmin device that is compatible (and it mounts fine with no play on my old mount that snapped at the hinge). Support has been just telling me to wait it out but I'm getting impatient and don't know how many more "please friend wait for engineer response" I can take, it's been a month and I don't think they can solve my issue. I've never had to ask for a refund but to be honest I have absolutely no faith in their product at this point. Is it morally acceptable for me to ask for a full refund yet? Will I have to send them back or only destroy with video proof? It's not a big monetary loss but I want to move on now.
Thank you

Ludo:
Sounds like a fair request. You have a responsibility to pay and them to deliver. You were kind to give them another chance, I don’t anything wrong with asking for refund at this point

TidyDinosaur:
Yeah, if you still can, open a dispute... Ali customer service will decide if you have to sent it back or not and chances are you get a prepaid shipping label.

With one of my last disputes they said I had to send it back, I agreed and they just paid me back without having to ship the item...  :)

carbonazza:
If you like the mount, measure the diameter of the circle where the screws are in the adapter. Between 19 and 22mm in general.

And you can then order a replacement one like these:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzwprMP

Or you can cut a little square of tape.
Stick it to the center of the adapter.
If still moving another one, etc...

kbernstein:

--- Quote from: carbonazza on October 02, 2023, 05:10:33 AM ---If you like the mount, measure the diameter of the circle where the screws are in the adapter. Between 19 and 22mm in general.

And you can then order a replacement one like these:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzwprMP

Or you can cut a little square of tape.
Stick it to the center of the adapter.
If still moving another one, etc...

--- End quote ---

I've tried the garmin "cleat" from my old broken mount and it still has a lot of play. The problem is probably the bracket itself but the design is honestly terrible on its own, even if it worked. At this point I have no interest in a third replacement, I just want a refund. I've messaged them this morning saying I'm getting impatient and that I would like them to refund me if they can't find a solution soon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version