Author Topic: Current Wheelset Offerings for Climbing  (Read 2902 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Current Wheelset Offerings for Climbing
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2023, 01:03:07 PM »
Which hoops and spokes are you using?
I was looking on Ali for 711/712, but the all seem to be QR. The closest I could find that fit my needs are Novatec D791SB-CL D792SB-CL. $61.36 USD A pair which seems pretty good. Claimed weight 407g
It's the 411/412 and not the 711/712 that you should look for... But I had trouble with the last 3 or 4 sellers I tried ordering from, so I would be very careful if you want to order from Ali. They always say they have them in stock which is a lie most of the time. The Goldix R180 is on sale for the moment, but the Goldix ratchets are notoriously unreliable, so I won't recommend them yet. They should arrive this week.

I use 30x30mm asymmetric rims off Ali (315 gr) and Sapim Laser spokes and aluminium nipples I buy from a EU webshop.

With the Novatec 411/412 and 24 spokes you should get to about 1100gr. The 791/792 is a little heavier but also quite a bit cheaper.

kubackje

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2023, 03:15:07 AM »

And which company is it?  :)

It is https://www.yuananbike.com/

You can contact manager Leon directly on WhatsApp +86 157 3827 4372 or emial sales@yuananbike.com (edited email adress as I typed wrong at first)

The guy is very responsive and can help you build a custom wheel or choose something from their offering. You can tell him Jakub send You and he will give you a discount.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 03:06:29 AM by kubackjeee »

andrew

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2023, 08:47:57 AM »

You can contact manager Leon directly on WhatsApp +86 157 3827 4372 or emial sales@yuanbike.com

The guy is very responsive and can help you build a custom wheel or choose something from their offering. You can tell him Jakub send You and he will give you a discount.

I sent an email to Leon, hopefully they can make it happen. Not sure if they carry the 711/712s, but I asked.

kubackje

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2023, 12:00:41 PM »
I sent an email to Leon, hopefully they can make it happen. Not sure if they carry the 711/712s, but I asked.

For my new gravel wheels I went with RD13 hub and pillar wing 20 spokes. This is the same hub Elite is using in their top wheels like Elite Edge. Here if You choose You can build elite edge wheels without elite logo which reflects the price :)

In the attached file You can see rims they offer.

Sakizashi

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2023, 01:32:38 PM »
This the the Alibaba shop for Yuan An: https://xmcarbon.en.alibaba.com/index.html. It has some prices listed which could be useful as a reference.

Direct Link to the GRO2 wheels, I mentioned earlier: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/GRO-2-NEW-Forged-Pattern-Gravel_1600449606803.html. I would also go for the the Wing 20 spoke option.

Unless you already have a trading account on Alibaba, I would go through kubackjeees contact, sounds like you can get a better discount and probably better service.

kubackje

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2023, 02:33:15 PM »
This the the Alibaba shop for Yuan An: https://xmcarbon.en.alibaba.com/index.html. It has some prices listed which could be useful as a reference.

Direct Link to the GRO2 wheels, I mentioned earlier: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/GRO-2-NEW-Forged-Pattern-Gravel_1600449606803.html. I would also go for the the Wing 20 spoke option.

Unless you already have a trading account on Alibaba, I would go through kubackjeees contact, sounds like you can get a better discount and probably better service.

Here is the quotation for GR02 and this is before discount. I think the price is extremely good. Way better deals then those heavy narrow aliexpress wheels or low quality ryet stuff.

I decided to go for a custom build 34 depth 25 iw hookles. The GR02 with 45 a little too deep for gravel for my taste.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 02:35:26 PM by kubackjeee »

WhityWhite

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2023, 02:12:18 AM »

You can contact manager Leon directly on WhatsApp +86 157 3827 4372 or emial sales@yuanbike.com

Thanks Jakub! :-)

I already have answer via Whatsapp - unfortunately the email address does not work anymore.

But I already have feedback and confirmation - I asked in parallel to the EliteWheels Edge and am curious what price is called ;-)

"You could purchase the carbon rims from us directly. We have no brand premium and the price will be more cost-effective."

kubackje

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2023, 02:58:33 AM »
Thanks Jakub! :-)

I already have answer via Whatsapp - unfortunately the email address does not work anymore.

But I already have feedback and confirmation - I asked in parallel to the EliteWheels Edge and am curious what price is called ;-)

"You could purchase the carbon rims from us directly. We have no brand premium and the price will be more cost-effective."

As for the email now I see it is my fault! It should be sales@yuananbike.com ... I ate the "an" when typing it here. Sorry for that! Good to here that You managed to contact Leon anyway. Curious about the asweel :)

kubackje

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2023, 03:07:57 AM »

Hey Andrew sorry but I typed the email wrong in the begining. Thank to WhityWhite who spotted it. Hope You managed to contact Leon via whatsapp. If not please use the edited email adress.

WhityWhite

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2023, 04:12:38 AM »
I have now also received a price.
That is really good compared to the normal price via Elitewheels/Aliexpress.

But still 100 dollars more expensive than the promotional price in conjunction with an AliExpress coupon code.

But very nice and fast contact - and big advantage: faster delivery and completely custom build possible.

kubackje

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2023, 07:34:16 AM »
I have now also received a price.
That is really good compared to the normal price via Elitewheels/Aliexpress.

But still 100 dollars more expensive than the promotional price in conjunction with an AliExpress coupon code.

But very nice and fast contact - and big advantage: faster delivery and completely custom build possible.

What price did You get. During the last big sale on AliExpress, with the coupon and tax free shipping to Poland the price for elite edge was around 585$ when I've checked. Now it is 685$ at the checkout.

WhityWhite

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2023, 08:47:38 AM »
538,04 Dollar = 495 Euros  8)

at "schools out sale"

kubackje

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2023, 10:04:42 AM »
538,04 Dollar = 495 Euros  8)

at "schools out sale"

Why tf I was getting worse prices even when I have like the highest diamond member status?! Maybe I need to change price for dollars instead of local currency?

Still talk with leon about the price becuse if the new GR02 cost around 500 don't know why the edge equivalent should be over 600.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 10:12:03 AM by kubackjeee »

WhityWhite

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2023, 01:23:51 PM »
I do not know why.

But I can only explain that about $600 is really the lowest price including shipping we can sell to the end customer. and the further discount of the Elite Edge was subsidized by Ali Express at the sales.

andrew

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2023, 09:51:46 PM »
Hey Andrew sorry but I typed the email wrong in the begining. Thank to WhityWhite who spotted it. Hope You managed to contact Leon via whatsapp. If not please use the edited email adress.

I got the email kick back and corrected it :-D I have been Whatsapping Leon. He's very responsive. I settled on the RD 13 with the carbon spokes and the ultralight hoops for $670 USD, will report back.

claimed 1200ish grams

Just paid, here's my load out:

YAR 40-03 Tubeless 40mm 21mm 28mm UD Disc brake 21/24H
RD28 Ceramic bearing
F12*100mm
R.12*142mm
Center lock
SHIMANO HG
CS-01 carbon spoke
1260+- 30g
Tubeless Valve, Tapes

US$670.00