Author Topic: Current Wheelset Offerings for Climbing  (Read 2901 times)

WhityWhite

Re: Current Wheelset Offerings for Climbing
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2023, 11:25:01 PM »
I got the email kick back and corrected it :-D I have been Whatsapping Leon. He's very responsive. I settled on the RD 13 with the carbon spokes and the ultralight hoops for $670 USD, will report back.

claimed 1200ish grams

Just paid, here's my load out:

YAR 40-03 Tubeless 40mm 21mm 28mm UD Disc brake 21/24H
RD28 Ceramic bearing
F12*100mm
R.12*142mm
Center lock
SHIMANO HG
CS-01 carbon spoke
1260+- 30g
Tubeless Valve, Tapes

US$670.00

Rd13 is not the designation for the hub?
And you write you have the rd28.
Do you have a link?

Ceramic bearings are beautiful and of course run nicer. But not noticeable and the maintenance susceptibility is higher.
Not to mention if a carbon spoke is broken. You do not get so easily replaced.
Therefore, I decide against carbon spokes.

I wish you in any case good trip and fun with the set!

andrew

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2023, 11:42:34 PM »
Rd13 is not the designation for the hub?
And you write you have the rd28.
Do you have a link?

Ceramic bearings are beautiful and of course run nicer. But not noticeable and the maintenance susceptibility is higher.
Not to mention if a carbon spoke is broken. You do not get so easily replaced.
Therefore, I decide against carbon spokes.

I wish you in any case good trip and fun with the set!

True, RD13 was not listed. I asked for the lightest possible build for the best price. Leon suggested this, I asked if he could remove the ceramic bearings and use steel (I'm not a big believer in ceramic), he said that these hubs were made for them, so worst case scenario, I put steel bearings in after they deteroriate. Also carbon spokes are new to me, it'll be a learning experience. I have never had a regular spoke brake or fail. We shall find out together if this was a good decision or not  ;D

It appears the carbon spokes require a special hub. This is what I found on it:
https://www.yuananbike.com/product/carbon-spoke-wheeselt-road-rim-brake-wheelset-45mm-rim-depth-29mm-width-tubeless
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 11:50:00 PM by andrew »

BalticSea

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2023, 12:29:12 AM »
True, RD13 was not listed. I asked for the lightest possible build for the best price. Leon suggested this, I asked if he could remove the ceramic bearings and use steel (I'm not a big believer in ceramic), he said that these hubs were made for them, so worst case scenario, I put steel bearings in after they deteroriate. Also carbon spokes are new to me, it'll be a learning experience. I have never had a regular spoke brake or fail. We shall find out together if this was a good decision or not  ;D

It appears the carbon spokes require a special hub. This is what I found on it:
https://www.yuananbike.com/product/carbon-spoke-wheeselt-road-rim-brake-wheelset-45mm-rim-depth-29mm-width-tubeless

There are 2 versions of carbon spokes. The more common spokes require special hub, brands like Elite, Magene, etc use these spokes. Less commonly found carbon spokes can be used woth standard huns, i.e. DT240. Farsports uses both types of spokes for their builds

kubackje

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2023, 02:01:38 AM »
I got the email kick back and corrected it :-D I have been Whatsapping Leon. He's very responsive. I settled on the RD 13 with the carbon spokes and the ultralight hoops for $670 USD, will report back.

claimed 1200ish grams

Just paid, here's my load out:

YAR 40-03 Tubeless 40mm 21mm 28mm UD Disc brake 21/24H
RD28 Ceramic bearing
F12*100mm
R.12*142mm
Center lock
SHIMANO HG
CS-01 carbon spoke
1260+- 30g
Tubeless Valve, Tapes

US$670.00

Bruhhhh those will be some serious light climbing goats  8)
Can't wait for the final effect.

kubackje

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2023, 06:52:45 AM »
Today I received my wheels from yuanan. They look amazing and can't wait for my new build to test them out.

Specs: gravel hookles rims 35 deep, 25iw. Weight 1431 grams.

Plus got those cools mana tubeless valves and tape

Already installed my new mana rotors on them and now waiting for a new frame.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 09:09:40 AM by kubackje »