Author Topic: 35mm tire clearance road bike?  (Read 2354 times)

Sakizashi

35mm tire clearance road bike?
« on: October 14, 2023, 11:15:42 PM »
I am looking for road bike frames with 35mm tire clearance. Price should be under $1k for a fork+frame, but flexible up to $2k. Ideally under 1kg weight.

I am specifically looking for a frame with
  • 420mm long chainstays or less
  • HTA of 72 degrees or steeper
  • ETT of 520 to 540mm with a reach under 390mm
  • Stack less than 540mm
  • 1-1/2 headset bearings top and bottom

So far I have found the Tantan TT-X37.

Goal is to do a very light 1x build that can handle riding around town, a little cx, and be a test bed for some 3d printed products I am working on.

Any other options?

-----------------------------

Here is the current list of options that meets my requirements
  • Tantan TT-X37
  • Long Teng LTK266-D: might be same frame as Tan Tan version but listed at 980g vs. 1050g
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 04:01:53 PM by Sakizashi »

numberzero

Re: 35mm tire clearance road bike?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 01:26:17 AM »
Carbonda CFR 1056, i read it can handle a bit than more than the 32 claimed.
On this video ( ) a guy runs with schwalbe g-one, probably the 35mm version.

JohnnyRabbit

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 08:01:45 AM »
I have the CFR1056 and 32mm measured is really the maximum you can run on this frame. More than 32mm would not leave enough space for mud and debris.

Sakizashi

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 11:34:40 AM »
Carbonda CFR 1056, i read it can handle a bit than more than the 32 claimed.
On this video ( ) a guy runs with schwalbe g-one, probably the 35mm version.

Thanks an interesting suggestion. It doesnt meet my Stack or HTA requirements though. I also agree with @johnnyrabbit that clearance is also suspect.

zilcho

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 02:33:50 PM »
Airwolf YFR066 comes pretty close or spot on for those requirements

Sakizashi

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 04:04:07 PM »
Thanks but the Airwolf doesn't meet the stack requirement. 550mm at this size *might* work for me with a -20g degree drop stem; generally looking for a racier geometry not an endurance one.

PLA

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2023, 06:50:54 AM »
What about this? Has 38mm tyre clearance. Tempted to give it a shot as my everyday bike for 2024 and throw some 35mm gp5kas.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 06:54:29 AM by PLA »
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

PLA

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2023, 06:51:32 AM »
Woops. Hit send too quick.

IL_EH_75

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2023, 07:00:40 AM »

Which frame brand is?

cucumber19

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2023, 12:20:27 PM »
If anyone can figure out who makes it (I doubt it's a fully custom frame), the Fezzari Veyo might fit the bill.  At retail, it's probably too expensive (though not bad as a full bike), but if you can find the mfr, it looks close!

https://fezzari.com/products/veyo

Sakizashi

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2023, 08:19:50 PM »

Its not perfect in terms of what I am looking for but would love to add it to the list. Which frame is this?

If anyone can figure out who makes it (I doubt it's a fully custom frame), the Fezzari Veyo might fit the bill.  At retail, it's probably too expensive (though not bad as a full bike), but if you can find the mfr, it looks close!

https://fezzari.com/products/veyo

For some reason I thought Fezzari's were all closed molds , but also 32mm clearance.

At 32mm clearance, the road frame from Bigrock looks interesting. 730g. Light fork, seems like a nice blend of carbon. Dont love the downtube logo but otherwise seems interesting: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a21n57.1.0.0.471d523cOdYnYL&id=722965987747&ns=1&abbucket=7#detail

PLA

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2023, 11:07:42 PM »
Its not perfect in terms of what I am looking for but would love to add it to the list. Which frame is this?

yeah not perfect but it's all i had so figured it was worth a shout. plus it's on my next frame list also since your criteria is pretty similar to mine, just in a smaller size. it's an adhx

Sakizashi

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2023, 12:15:52 AM »
Ah yeah. Its on my list of name name brand frames along with the Domane RSL and the Melee, but i am looking for something I can build and take parts on and off of without risking either of my main race rigs. It will probably also take over my around down duties from my single speed cross race bike which gets tiresome sometimes.

The build plan is likely
  • Apex AXS, maybe with polished levers
  • Lewis Brakes Road Calipers, assuming I can get my hands on some
  • Light weight wheels, not sure which ones, but will probably use my LB set for a while
  • Some lightweight cranks maybe sram red, elilee or skypivot
  • Not sure on bars yet, but likely a two piece w/ a Kalloy Uno stem
  • + some custom 3d printed parts

I would love a frame with the geometry of the Domane RSL but made of round tubes and lighter, but right now the TanTan / LTK frame seems like the best fit.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 12:19:50 AM by Sakizashi »

Serge_K

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2024, 11:10:04 AM »
Ah yeah. Its on my list of name name brand frames along with the Domane RSL and the Melee, but i am looking for something I can build and take parts on and off of without risking either of my main race rigs. It will probably also take over my around down duties from my single speed cross race bike which gets tiresome sometimes.

The build plan is likely
  • Apex AXS, maybe with polished levers
  • Lewis Brakes Road Calipers, assuming I can get my hands on some
  • Light weight wheels, not sure which ones, but will probably use my LB set for a while
  • Some lightweight cranks maybe sram red, elilee or skypivot
  • Not sure on bars yet, but likely a two piece w/ a Kalloy Uno stem
  • + some custom 3d printed parts

I would love a frame with the geometry of the Domane RSL but made of round tubes and lighter, but right now the TanTan / LTK frame seems like the best fit.

Did you end up buying something? curious if you got the LTK266. I have a place in the mountains, i'm tempted to get one to build something light w 32C tyres. Where i live is pancake flat, i got a LTK268 and I love it (1k km only though).

IL_EH_75

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2024, 02:41:38 AM »
Hi,

Ltk-266 is also a frame that I would like to try for my next bike build.
Someone has already built?