Author Topic: Zrace m1 x4 idraulic disk brakes  (Read 1060 times)

Specialf.

Zrace m1 x4 idraulic disk brakes
« on: October 30, 2023, 04:14:16 AM »
good morning everyone, I just purchased these brakes on wings. Have any of you tried them? Do you have any advice for me regarding which pads to use? Thank you.

daifanshi

Re: Zrace m1 x4 idraulic disk brakes
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 09:51:05 PM »
I have them.  I don't use ice-tech pads. I have aliexpress "ceramic" pads on them to reduce the initial bite.  I can't remember who makes them but they are green and I ended up using the original spring clips with them.

Specialf.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 02:02:49 AM »
ok, I read that they work with mineral oil, what type of oil do you use?  overheating problems?  Thank you.

Stijn 23

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2023, 02:38:45 AM »
Got the same ones from IIIpro brand. They work flawlessy. No overheating, plenty of stopping power. Very happy. They use mineral oil. Set-up is pretty simple and brakes come filled and prepped. on this site you can find more topics about them

daifanshi

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 11:16:37 PM »
ok, I read that they work with mineral oil, what type of oil do you use?  overheating problems?  Thank you.

I've bled them a few times with shimano mineral oil.  I regularly do steep 2000ft fire road descents. They have never overheated and fade is detectable but minimal.  These brakes are decent.

ftajiri

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 07:57:37 AM »
i have one.... the brake has a good power... not compared to shiano 4pot... but more modulation... the calipers uses hope e4 brake pad or shimano m04 brake pads .... shimano par has a more power stopping but less durability in wet conditions...

mineral oil, like shimano... red blood

jefflinde

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023, 12:33:34 PM »
For those that have these.  How are you bleeding them.  I have the 2piston version and I can get an “ok” bleed but I can never get them to feel great.  I actually just went back to XT 8100s. But I would love to get these dialed for another build.
Tyia

Specialf.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 08:35:52 AM »
good morning everyone, on Saturday I tried and tested the 4 piston zrace brakes, I mounted them with your zrace discs.  on the first outing they seemed good, it took me a while to find the right grip then everything was ok.  braking is good, they have a lot of power and don't seem to suffer from overheating problems.  I tested them with the pads supplied in the kit which in my opinion seem metallic.  now I want to try them with a pair of shimano resin pads, which have always been my favorites for feeling, in my opinion they improve a lot.  I will update you soon.

scourge

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 08:55:47 PM »
How much were these?

Ludo

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2023, 09:36:55 PM »
I got my set for 73$ delivered with 11/11 discounts:
https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,4446.0.html

Specialf.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 04:03:28 AM »
 :( 128€ 12day spedizione in italy

scar4me

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2023, 08:53:48 AM »
I've got these brakes in 2 setups currently:
Onirii m4 - full original setup.
Onirii m4/PRO E4 calipers with Shimano bl-m6100 levers.
Running the same sintered pads in both, and same disc sizes.
Parts off Ali $70 a set n $25 per caliper. (Lookout for the deals!)

Power wise even the stock onirii's are good.
BUT once you add the Shimano servo wave they are up another level!
The stock levers have a bit of flex when really pulling hard, and the piston size means the top power is not as good as it could be.
Cue Shimano levers.... They have zero flex even when pulling hard, and smaller piston means higher top power.
But the servowave means that the lever pull isn't too far.
Result.... A much sharper feeling brake, with better power.
I do also still feel that the caliper has a bit of flex under extreme braking.

All in all, good brake on its a own, great brake with Shimano levers.

Scar