Author Topic: Yishun G055-D  (Read 1751 times)

wousera

Yishun G055-D
« on: November 03, 2023, 03:33:05 AM »
Hey,

I was just scrolling through the yishun website an noticed a new gravel frame
https://www.yishunbike.com/product/g055-d-adventure-gravel/.
It has rear suspension like the cannodales and berria (which are produced by yishun)
and internal storage.

Not planning on buying it but just wanted to put this out there since it's pretty unique for an open mould frame.

Cnasta

Re: Yishun G055-D
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 05:30:00 AM »
Interesting. Looks like there is an internal storage in de downtube... Only thing that is missing on current offerings :)

awinner

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 09:06:55 PM »
Nice geo too, pretty slack, long chainstay and wheelbase.

RDY

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 01:20:50 PM »
If they'd kept the 74.5 / 70 STA/HTA of the 470 throughout the sizes I'd have bought it.  73.5/72.5 in my size is no good for a gravel bike ... especially one clearly designed for the rougher stuff with a pivot and flex stays.

jdadour

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 03:07:53 PM »
If they'd kept the 74.5 / 70 STA/HTA of the 470 throughout the sizes I'd have bought it.  73.5/72.5 in my size is no good for a gravel bike ... especially one clearly designed for the rougher stuff with a pivot and flex stays.

I was thinking the same exact thing, such a bummer. Its interesting how some frame designs have the HTA steepen in the larger sizes.

RDY

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 02:20:03 PM »
I was thinking the same exact thing, such a bummer. Its interesting how some frame designs have the HTA steepen in the larger sizes.

It's a thing carried over from decades (or centuries) of cost savings - keeping the wheelbase and size of the frame down keeps costs down.  Material cost is less relevant now with carbon as it costs practically nothing in its raw state, but shipping size and mold size are something they want to pinch pennies on.  The industry pretends that generally taller, longer legged riders need slacker STA and steeper HTA.  But it's the absolute opposite.  Like so many other things in cycling, it's just a fat lie for profit.  Conversely smaller riders would benefit from having a slightly steeper head angle and in some cases slacker seat angle, but since the industry cost saves by putting the same wheel size on all frame sizes, they have to use slack head angle on small frames to get the front wheel far away enough from the down tube, and rear wheel far enough away from the seat tube ...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 02:23:39 PM by RDY »

patliean1

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2023, 05:36:20 PM »

Hey RDY can you further explain this? Understanding STA/HTA and how it relates to the frame dynamics/characteristics is something I need to study. Thanks

FabioZang

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 12:32:38 AM »
This guy has the exact same geometry as the Carbonda CFR707, with the difference of lacking the largest size and having additional storage box and rear suspension system. The size of the disc brake system has been reduced to 140mm. However, the claimed weight is considerably lighter than the 707.

It is unclear what the relationship is between Yishun and Carbonda. They are likely two unrelated factories, and it is unknown why their geometric designs are completely identical.

100poods

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2023, 03:05:23 AM »
I contacted Yishun about this frame. They said that there hasn't been a large OEM order for this frame yet, so production and development is moving slowly. Currently, the earliest date available for ordering is May-June. Maybe earlier only if they get OEM order.

I will order this frame when it is available. Good geometry and I found quite good reviews for the same Cannondale KingPin system.

FabioZang

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2024, 12:56:07 AM »
I contacted Yishun about this frame. They said that there hasn't been a large OEM order for this frame yet, so production and development is moving slowly. Currently, the earliest date available for ordering is May-June. Maybe earlier only if they get OEM order.

I will order this frame when it is available. Good geometry and I found quite good reviews for the same Cannondale KingPin system.

According to the latest information I have received, it seems that this frame has been acquired by an anonymous brand, who now holds the rights to its molds. Therefore, there is a high possibility that this frame may not be directly released into the consumer market as a retail product by Yishun.

100poods

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2024, 01:36:22 AM »
Yes, I visited the site recently and it disappeared. But the 2024 version of G1005 with downtube storage appeared. I have friends in China, it might be possible to buy the G055 through them if there is only a regional restriction.