Author Topic: Workswell WCB-R-306  (Read 1285 times)

H143

Workswell WCB-R-306
« on: November 12, 2023, 02:44:15 PM »

Because there's no topic yet for the Workswell WCB-R-306, I'll kick things off. In recent weeks, I've slowly been building up my bike. I didn't buy the frame directly from Workswell; instead, I found a good deal on the marketplace in the Netherlands.

My impression of the frame is very positive — it's highly agile and well-finished. So far, I haven't encountered any downsides. The bike is equipped with :
Shimano 105 DI2,
crank: 50/34
casette: 11-34 cassette,
Wheels: Elite Wheels (the specific type is unknown; I've had them for three years).

building up with normal handlebar:

Finished with Integrated handlebar

The handlebar is also from Workswell, the WHB-027. It's well-crafted and feels comfortable, but I've noticed a considerable amount of flex, especially when in the drops. It could be normal for a carbon handlebar, as I don't have prior experience with this material. I think it's relatively simple to make the handlebar stiffer by closing the hole at the top of the stem. I can't find a good reason for the existence of this hole.

Overall, I haven't come across any negatives so far,
the only thing where i am still looking for is a seatpost cover,
i have try the cover of an Tamarac SL7 it fits on the seatpost but dont cover the whole wedge

Sakizashi

Re: Workswell WCB-R-306
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 08:45:22 PM »
Thats not a UDH hanger ... or is it?

It looks like it has a similar design and identical 20nm torque spec.

H143

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2023, 12:49:43 PM »
No it is not a udh hanger it is the same way of mounting but a different shape i think a design of workswell i have search online for a directmount but also dont havnt found anything

merider

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2023, 11:20:17 PM »
The hole above stem is cable hole for primitive ACR headset. Front brake cable runs from the top of the fork through the expander plug.
Needless to say, This method has very poor maintainability. Even ACR frames often use other routes. 

H143

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 03:33:20 PM »
Finally  i have foundation a seat post cover the one from a merida reacto fits in this wedge with an smalle modificaties it cover the complete wedge

Sakizashi

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 06:37:20 PM »
I just ran across a version of what i think is this frame and it looks like being marketed as having 35mm tire clearance. Curious to know your thoughts on if there is space for tires that big and if we are talking 6mm of clearance on all size, 4mm, or less.