Author Topic: 135mm hub use on Bluto RockShox 150mm?????  (Read 5287 times)

nmgoes

135mm hub use on Bluto RockShox 150mm?????
« on: December 30, 2014, 11:59:43 AM »
I purchased some carbon fat bike wheels on ebay that have a 135mm front hub.  I wanted to use it on the RockShox Bluto that has a 150mm thru axle.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could to this without having to rebuild my wheel with a 150mm hub?

I don't think I can use spacers because of the disk brakes- but didn't know if there is a kit out there or something I'm not thinking about.

Thanks for any feedback or solutions.

JohnnyNT

Re: 135mm hub use on Bluto RockShox 150mm?????
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:37:21 AM »
There are usually kits for the hubs itself to change the width (axle, spacers etc)

cmh

Re: 135mm hub use on Bluto RockShox 150mm?????
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 08:23:22 AM »
I purchased some carbon fat bike wheels on ebay that have a 135mm front hub.  I wanted to use it on the RockShox Bluto that has a 150mm thru axle.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could to this without having to rebuild my wheel with a 150mm hub?

I don't think I can use spacers because of the disk brakes- but didn't know if there is a kit out there or something I'm not thinking about.

Thanks for any feedback or solutions.

Was wondering about this so did a little searching. Looks like someone had something made custom at his local machine shop:

http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/bluto-hope-135-hub-hack-915365.html

Spacers would work, but the key is that the brake caliper has to be shifted over with an adapter. Not sure how thrilled I'd be to add the twisting force of offsetting the caliper like that, but the Bluto is rated for a 200mm disk so with a 180 it should probably be okay.

Actually - here's the adapter, and it's not _that_ offset:

http://www.amazon.com/White-Brothers-Snowpack-Brake-Adapter/dp/B00882JQ8E

If you could find a pair of 7.5mm spacers, it wouldn't be easy getting the front wheel off and on, but you wouldn't need to get new end caps for the hub, and that adapter would fix you right up.