Author Topic: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)  (Read 23205 times)

Tijoe

Re: WheelTop EDS TX Full Wireless Groupset (Chinese SRAM)
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2024, 10:29:14 AM »
Yes, I wax regularly.  I have been for years.     Immersive and applied onto chain in liquid form.

zxcvbnmjm

« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2024, 11:53:41 PM »
Would anyone be interested in a brand new never used take off eds tx groupset?

Has been installed on bike then removed, without boxes and the hydraulic cables have been cut

Sorry if im not allowed to post this here. Let me know i can delete

Serge_K

« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2024, 01:34:29 AM »
You should say where you are, not everyone here is in the US. And you should probably post in the sales section as well. You'll find a buyer here for sure. You also need to state a price :)

zxcvbnmjm

« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2024, 04:21:45 AM »
Thanks!

Just posted in sale section with info and pictures. $580 shipped
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 04:47:46 AM by zxcvbnmjm »

Linsook

« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2024, 06:36:38 PM »
Just got mine.  Didn't appreciate the black debris all over the plastic wrap getting on my fingers when unpackaging.  I'm assuming its debris from the foam cutouts or whatever machine did it. 

Anyway, happy to have it now.  Right shifter buttons I'm unsure about. Will see how it feels after being charged up and I can play with it.  Also charging rear derailleur,  not being installed, I needed to place a pencil to keep it open a bit otherwise it pushes the magnetic charge head off the connections.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 06:39:45 PM by Linsook »

Serge_K

« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2024, 02:37:18 AM »
what kind of hardware comes with the group? ltwoo er9 comes with well over a dozen different bolts for the brakes, as well as 140 & 160 adaptors for both front and rear. In contrast it seems that shimano really skimps on hardware, which i find so incredibly $hitty of them.

Tijoe

« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2024, 10:30:30 AM »
Linsook.  Welcome to the club.   Weather permitting, I will start riding my gravel bike 100+miles a week.  Get yours going soon, so we can collect data, present it, and show those ltwoo er9 owners that Wheeltop has the better product!   ;D

Linsook

« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2024, 11:23:59 PM »
Linsook.  Welcome to the club.   Weather permitting, I will start riding my gravel bike 100+miles a week.  Get yours going soon, so we can collect data, present it, and show those ltwoo er9 owners that Wheeltop has the better product!   ;D

;D sounds like a plan

Linsook

« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2024, 11:28:06 PM »
what kind of hardware comes with the group? ltwoo er9 comes with well over a dozen different bolts for the brakes, as well as 140 & 160 adaptors for both front and rear. In contrast it seems that shimano really skimps on hardware, which i find so incredibly $hitty of them.

Enough to screw the caliper to adapter and adapter to frame  No spares.

Fleckinger

« Reply #204 on: April 19, 2024, 02:24:18 AM »
Today i saw this Twitter bikes catalogue, interesting that full carbon bike with wheeltop eds tx costs 950 USD, I wonder how much a wheeltop costs for a factory.
Rival upgrade kit I can find for around 1000 USD, 1525 - 905 = 620 USD difference between rival and eds versions, so 1000 - 620 = 380 USD for eds? Maybe lower, because rival also has a wholesale price.

Tijoe

« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2024, 09:22:22 AM »
This would be great if enthusiasts here in the USA had access to the bikes listed in the catalog sheet you posted.   Twitter USA does no have any offerings with EDS on them.   Perhaps this catalog sheet is for other English speaking countries and the USD is just for reference, or autofilled in the price boxes. (Just guessing)

On Aliexpress, there are complete Twitter EDS bikes starting around $1500 up to about $4K.   Appears to still be a decent deal, but the overall weight of these bikes are heavier, by pounds, versus what I ride.

jmcabellom

« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2024, 09:31:13 AM »
Today i saw this Twitter bikes catalogue, interesting that full carbon bike with wheeltop eds tx costs 950 USD, I wonder how much a wheeltop costs for a factory.
Rival upgrade kit I can find for around 1000 USD, 1525 - 905 = 620 USD difference between rival and eds versions, so 1000 - 620 = 380 USD for eds? Maybe lower, because rival also has a wholesale price.

I am interested in this groupset and was about a new aero frame. So complete bike at competitive price fits with my idea of both, as a bike and spare parts.
Do you have a contact?
Thanks a lot for your post and help!!

Fleckinger

« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2024, 09:41:15 AM »
I am interested in this groupset and was about a new aero frame. So complete bike at competitive price fits with my idea of both, as a bike and spare parts.
Do you have a contact?
Thanks a lot for your post and help!!

I saw this bike on aliexpress, but price was not so good, also saw this https://28goods.com/products/twitter-r12-pro-disc-brake-with-wheeltop-eds
And this twitter r15 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256806382207768.html
I know, that people buy this bikes directly from factory, or maybe from alibaba, but don't know how.

This would be great if enthusiasts here in the USA had access to the bikes listed in the catalog sheet you posted.   Twitter USA does no have any offerings with EDS on them.   Perhaps this catalog sheet is for other English speaking countries and the USD is just for reference, or autofilled in the price boxes. (Just guessing)

On Aliexpress, there are complete Twitter EDS bikes starting around $1500 up to about $4K.   Appears to still be a decent deal, but the overall weight of these bikes are heavier, by pounds, versus what I ride.

I know that this prices are actual for Easter Europe, and people buy at this price. I think, that the prices in USD is only for convenience, I saw prices in CNY, and they are almost the same.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 09:46:36 AM by Fleckinger »

jmcabellom

« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2024, 10:46:48 AM »
I saw this bike on aliexpress, but price was not so good, also saw this https://28goods.com/products/twitter-r12-pro-disc-brake-with-wheeltop-eds
And this twitter r15 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256806382207768.html
I know, that people buy this bikes directly from factory, or maybe from alibaba, but don't know how.

I know that this prices are actual for Easter Europe, and people buy at this price. I think, that the prices in USD is only for convenience, I saw prices in CNY, and they are almost the same.

Twitter R12 Pro on 28Goods EUR 1010.95 / Catalogue USD 1115.00
So price on 28Goods i do not find it bad at all
It would be groupset at EUR 739.00 (pre order price in Spain now. Deleted price €879.00, so price after pre-order sales), frame and rest EUR 271.95
Will check with 28Goods about shipping costs and will try to contact Twitter factory also.
Will let you know if i make progress in either way.
Thanks again!!

biceryder

« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2024, 12:09:01 PM »
I couldn’t wait any longer.  Pulled the trigger on an EDS rim brake version 2 days ago.  With a discount I got it for under 540.00 USD (taxes included) and free shipping. 500-550.00 was my break point for purchasing this groupset. Looking forward to testing it out this summer.  I will be replacing a perfectly well tuned 105 R7000 group on my training bike. 

I will provide feedback once it arrives and I get some miles on it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 12:40:47 PM by biceryder »