Author Topic: Yuanan Carbon fiber wheelsets Year end discount promotion  (Read 7119 times)

ENEP

Re: Yuanan Carbon fiber wheelsets Year end discount promotion
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2023, 12:48:33 AM »
I would not agree with that. My messages are being ignored. Wheelset was supposed to be 1450gr. Weight on the balance is 1537gr . Radio silence since I requested a small partial refund.

The rest of the transaction was good with Leon, but the above is enough that I would not recommend them.

Weight on the balance, 1537gr - was this with or without any extras as valves, tubeless tape etc?

Benbenben

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2023, 06:21:59 AM »
As naked as possible. It's the 65mm edge wheelset (not listed as edge due to Yuan an straight sale).

Leon explained with detailed weight by all components and said that it was miscalculated. However, it was still confirmed that final wheelset was going to be 1450gr +-30gr.

Leon Hu

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2023, 03:24:26 AM »
The standard weight of UNI65 is 1500+-30g. The marble finish will increase the rim weight by 15-20g/rim.

Benbenben

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2023, 02:12:19 PM »
We all do mistakes. What is important is how we fix them. See pictures of final specs review just before payment was made.

Sakizashi

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2023, 02:53:53 PM »
This is why so many factories wont deal directly with consumers. Combination of not being equipped to deal with the transaction costs and not quite being ready to respond to issues like these. Service costs money. At the prices being offered, there has to be a limit to what Leon can do. Having built wheels, brass vs. alloy nipples is like 40g. Difference in finish? Sure that's believable. Variation in the rims themselves + spoke and hub weights vary too.

We all understood the disagreement. Leon quoted either the wrong or too optimistic of a weight. I personally feel like posting his email to you is unnecessary. If you want to air all the dirty laundry, let us all weigh in on your proposed refund amount as well.

1530g is still really light. Granted some of these wheels are wider, but the Nextie 60 65 set needs Extralite hubs to go sub 1500g and while wider, Light Bicycle cant get there either with their 65mm wheels.

Benbenben

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2023, 03:21:05 PM »
I asked for 50 USD refund. I had similar experience with a wheelset in the past from another seller, I was refunded that amount for almost exact weight difference. Also this is what is charged for an upgrade of spokes giving a similar economy in weight from ElitWwheels. Pretty fair I think. We all know that for bike parts, weight is money.

I was not trying the shame Leon with the email, but with the reply from him just stating that wheelset is 1500gr plus additional weight for finish, I figured I needed to prove that this is not what was communicated to me as final specs just before payment.

I am not angry, just had to report that experience to this forum since I consider it really bad customer service.

patliean1

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2023, 03:22:12 PM »
My IG inbox is filled people asking why should they go with brands like Winspace, Tavelo, and Elite Wheels when they can just go "factory direct."  :-X

Benbenben

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2023, 03:26:21 PM »
I agree Pat, that's a really good example.

Sakizashi

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2023, 04:03:00 PM »
I don't know for sure, how the sales model works, but i think 10% is pretty much the commission a sourcing agent would charge you to find a product. On the other end, not sure if factory selling agents would make more or less. That vs. the 2x markup you pay a Chinese brand or the 3x markup you pay a "western" relabeling operation is the primary reason why "factory direct" is cheaper.

Aggressively calling out Leon was going to lead to someone posting something personally or culturally insulting, which we got via the comment calling him a "typical Chinese shitbag seller." That probably leads Leon to stop offering deals to members of the forum.

Benbenben

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2023, 05:17:06 PM »
Well, I don't agree that it's not ok to post the email. It just shows that I was not communicated the 1500gr +finish weight. As simple as that.

If you want to take defense of a company that delivers out of specs products and stops responding to their customers., it's up to you.

I believe that this forum exists, in portion, to report our experience so that people can take decisions with more visibility and knowledge on the products and sellers.

Benbenben

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2023, 05:23:24 PM »
I agree btw that we should never insult anyone over some commercial transactions.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2024, 07:14:34 AM »
Removed

PLA: I've deleted a couple of your posts. Feel free to speak your grievances, just please do it in a way without insulting people. We can do without terms like "typical shitbag, idiotic, typical internet hypocrite" etc. I realize you probably think that the forum and myself are being "fragile' but that is just the standard we try to maintain here. Thanks for understanding.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 07:17:08 AM by Sitar_Ned »

Leon Hu

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2024, 03:16:49 AM »
Yes

avocadobike

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2024, 09:34:41 PM »
My IG inbox is filled people asking why should they go with brands like Winspace, Tavelo, and Elite Wheels when they can just go "factory direct."  :-X

I don’t see the point of posting something like this? Brings nothing to the thread.

avocadobike

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2024, 09:40:06 PM »
I would not agree with that. My messages are being ignored. Wheelset was supposed to be 1450gr. Weight on the balance is 1537gr . Radio silence since I requested a small partial refund.

The rest of the transaction was good with Leon, but the above is enough that I would not recommend them.

I ordered a set of wheels, in my case I don’t care about the weight but more about the quality.

How did you find the overall quality of the build?