Author Topic: 12v MTB cassette  (Read 484 times)

Specialf.

12v MTB cassette
« on: December 22, 2023, 06:33:09 AM »
Good morning, do any of you use mtb sprocket cassettes?  I was particularly interested in a 12v 10-52 microspline.  I saw this one on aliexpress that has a good weight, what do you think?  Thank you.

coffeebreak

Re: 12v MTB cassette
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 09:32:16 AM »
Not exactly this but MTB cassettes have been a hit or miss for me including 11 speed ones. I think the cog spacing isn't consistent and considering how sensitive 12s is the indexing can be major pain to near impossible. The only Aliexpress cassettes that worked well were (for me) road spec small cassettes in the range of 11-30/32. The Shimano XT 8100 ms 10-51 costs less than this and weighs bit more at 460 grams but I think that is a way better option. On my 11s I eventually went with Deore M5100 cassette and for 12s I got the SLX M7100 and life's good again.

mirphak

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2023, 10:40:49 AM »
My 10-51 from vgsport with XD hub works perfect with my GX AXS. That is the experience I have so far.

Specialf.

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2023, 10:52:17 AM »
Not exactly this but MTB cassettes have been a hit or miss for me including 11 speed ones. I think the cog spacing isn't consistent and considering how sensitive 12s is the indexing can be major pain to near impossible. The only Aliexpress cassettes that worked well were (for me) road spec small cassettes in the range of 11-30/32. The Shimano XT 8100 ms 10-51 costs less than this and weighs bit more at 460 grams but I think that is a way better option. On my 11s I eventually went with Deore M5100 cassette and for 12s I got the SLX M7100 and life's good again.
yes actually your thought is not wrong, with less money and little extra weight I get an xt cassette which will certainly be perfect, I wanted it to upgrade from the deore cassette which weighs 600gm
as a change I will mount an xtr

Specialf.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2023, 11:26:02 AM »
I also purchased a sushine 12v 11-34 hg for the road bike, a low level cassette to test its operation and I'm trying it on a sram force group, it works well

Tijoe

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2023, 12:59:25 PM »
I have two, 12-speed Micro Spline 10-50s on different bikes.   I wrote ZTTO for a long time asking when they were going to sell this lightweight version with MS splines.   I have been using my first one for about 1.5 years and it has held up great.  I purchased the second one about 6 months ago, and it is on a bike I don't ride as often.   (My first cassette was probably from the first batch they manufactured. - They wrote me that I was the first person they were notifying that they were now available. so I purchased one right away.)

As a side note, 3 of my other 12 speed cassettes are XT micro-spline.  I can't tell any difference in how the ZTTO shifts versus the XTs.    I am also using The Wheel Top EDS OX on 3 of the 4 bike I run 12 speed.  (Soon to be all 4)
I have 7 rear wheels with 12 speed cassettes.  3 wheels run a XT cassette, 2 are ZTTO the cassette you asked about, and 2 have ZTTOs slightly heavier version.  2 bikes are Super-Boost, and the other 2 are boost.

Specialf.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2023, 02:26:29 PM »
I have two, 12-speed Micro Spline 10-50s on different bikes.   I wrote ZTTO for a long time asking when they were going to sell this lightweight version with MS splines.   I have been using my first one for about 1.5 years and it has held up great.  I purchased the second one about 6 months ago, and it is on a bike I don't ride as often.   (My first cassette was probably from the first batch they manufactured. - They wrote me that I was the first person they were notifying that they were now available. so I purchased one right away.)

As a side note, 3 of my other 12 speed cassettes are XT micro-spline.  I can't tell any difference in how the ZTTO shifts versus the XTs.    I am also using The Wheel Top EDS OX on 3 of the 4 bike I run 12 speed.  (Soon to be all 4)
I have 7 rear wheels with 12 speed cassettes.  3 wheels run a XT cassette, 2 are ZTTO the cassette you asked about, and 2 have ZTTOs slightly heavier version.  2 bikes are Super-Boost, and the other 2 are boost.

well I'm pleased, you are an excellent tester!
I'm thinking about what gear to buy, I saw that Shimano makes 10-51 while the Ztto ones are 10-50 or 10-52. if you notice the difference in the teeth it is all on the last 3 largest sprockets. shimano gradually increases the number of teeth but until the penultimate 42 they are both the same then it jumps to 50 or 52.
I would prefer 10-52 to have a greater range of gears but the fact that between 42 and 52 there is a jump of 10 teeth stops me, isn't that too much?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 02:28:35 PM by Specialf. »