Author Topic: III Pro PEERAGE 4 brakes - piccola clone  (Read 1979 times)

scourge

Re: III Pro PEERAGE 4 brakes - piccola clone
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2024, 07:26:22 AM »
Yeah. I'm very interested in your impressions. I also wonder if they perform any better then the other IIIpro or Zoom 910.

aeroskiii

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 12:24:39 PM »
Yeah. I'm very interested in your impressions. I also wonder if they perform any better then the other IIIpro or Zoom 910.
I have some of the zrace x2s right now and will only be using the levers (not the calipers) so I can cut some grams so you will not get a review of the calipers but only the iiipro levers with the zrace x2 calipers. The IIIPRO calipers are the same as the zrace 4 pot ones.

scourge

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2024, 12:58:01 PM »
I'll take whatever impressions I can get

gillyske

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2024, 05:06:48 AM »
I have some of the zrace x2s right now and will only be using the levers (not the calipers) so I can cut some grams so you will not get a review of the calipers but only the iiipro levers with the zrace x2 calipers. The IIIPRO calipers are the same as the zrace 4 pot ones.

Have you had a chance to form some impressions of the brakes? Can you compare them to more mainstream brakes from the Big S'?

Tijoe

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2024, 09:35:15 AM »
I have 3 sets of the III pro brakes in service.  First pair was installed in Dec.22. 2nd pair June 23, and 3rd set Sept. 23.    The first set has been used hard, and I have worn through a set of pads.   2nd and 3rd bikes do not see as many miles and/or adverse conditions.    I have never ridden on any other "High end" calipers.  but in comparison to my XT calipers on my older FS bike, these work equally, if not slightly better.     Perhaps on my next build, I will purchase some Lewis brakes...  To date, I have been very pleased with their cost to weight/performance ratio.

aeroskiii

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2024, 01:36:06 PM »
I'll take whatever impressions I can get
so far good. I wish they pushed a bit more fluid per stroke length and I wish the clamp was a standard Sram or Shimano clamp or even the trickstuff clamps. Also wish it didn't have the no tool reach adjust as it is unnecessary and adds grams/looks ugly. I also wish the hoses would stay still when you tighten the banjos at the lever especially on the front brake. they are 328g for the set which is S- tier.

nicklej

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2024, 02:31:49 PM »
What pads do these use? Gonna give them a shot when silver are available again

AzureEssence

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2024, 09:37:37 PM »

I'm keen to know more too. I just started running IIIPro's on my Surly Krampus and I'm about to install Zoom HB-910's on my Cotic FlareMax.

AzureEssence

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2024, 03:38:01 PM »
I'm only buying these if they say PEERAGE right on the levers ;D

Nothing gets me more fired up to ride, except maybe a UTI

nicklej

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2024, 03:04:29 AM »
I'm only buying these if they say PEERAGE right on the levers ;D

Nothing gets me more fired up to ride, except maybe a UTI

Nothing beats a RAGING peeeeee!