Author Topic: III Pro PEERAGE 4 brakes - piccola clone  (Read 1975 times)

ftajiri

coffeebreak

Re: III Pro PEERAGE 4 brakes - piccola clone
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 01:20:01 PM »
Peerage. Goldiex. Sunpeed. Just why?! These companies should run a little survey outside of China on naming their products...

P. S. They look great regardless of unfortunate name. IIIpro generally seems to make good products.

aeroskiii

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 10:55:38 PM »
73.5g for the levers means I can take my zrace x2's down to 357g and make em look much nicer

nicklej

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024, 02:58:48 AM »
These are a much better value option than Lewis Brakes. I agree though - china comes up with some proper wtf names for their products and seem so random. I think i'll bite the bullet on a set of these in silver to replace my maguras which has been something on my list for a while!

Wet Noodle

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 06:44:08 AM »
Peerage. Goldiex.

As an englishly-challenged, I have to ask: I assume that "Peerage" (an actual word) becomes funny if you read it "pee rage" ... yea, it actually is pretty funny. But why is everybody giggling about "Goldix"?

bremerradkurier

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2024, 09:50:57 AM »
As an englishly-challenged, I have to ask: I assume that "Peerage" (an actual word) becomes funny if you read it "pee rage" ... yea, it actually is pretty funny. But why is everybody giggling about "Goldix"?

Could be a fairly literal translation of their Chinese name-reminds me of a article I read about how the Chinese pay for consulting services to pick their English names to use for business, so a woman whose name in Chinese is Linden (after the tree) becomes Lindsey.

ftajiri

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2024, 11:06:32 AM »
73.5g for the levers means I can take my zrace x2's down to 357g and make em look much nicer

do you can make the overhaulin to analises the lever? is the adjust only on reach lever or have bite contact?

Tijoe

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2024, 11:10:29 AM »
Besides a weight reduction, does this type of lever and hydraulic actuator work better than the regular IIIPro levers?   (Modulation, stopping power, response?)

Vipassana

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2024, 04:15:25 PM »

"Gold Dicks" - Dick being slang for penis.

aeroskiii

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2024, 12:28:19 AM »
Besides a weight reduction, does this type of lever and hydraulic actuator work better than the regular IIIPro levers?   (Modulation, stopping power, response?)
You'd have to do the calc lol

aeroskiii

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2024, 12:29:22 AM »
I have some coming soon ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ

Ludo

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2024, 09:09:26 AM »
Nice, looking forward to the feedback!

Tijoe

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2024, 10:14:39 AM »
Nice, looking forward to the feedback!
My bladder is looking forward to reading how well they work.

bremerradkurier

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2024, 10:28:32 AM »
Hose routing to the levers appears to require a handlebar that supports interior routing.

aeroskiii

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2024, 12:13:56 PM »
Hose routing to the levers appears to require a handlebar that supports interior routing.
nah just a banjo like trickstuff