Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 13909 times)

amacal1

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2024, 10:06:32 PM »
Same here. I'm hoping that is a sign of stability not...

Yes, same here. Frankly, I've got no issues that I think need to be addressed via firmware. It would be nice if they found something neat to do with those extra 2 buttons on the left brifter (maybe some novel shifting modes, or maybe a way to do data screen stuff on a gps unit, etc).

trcycling

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2024, 10:40:47 PM »
Yes, same here. Frankly, I've got no issues that I think need to be addressed via firmware. It would be nice if they found something neat to do with those extra 2 buttons on the left brifter (maybe some novel shifting modes, or maybe a way to do data screen stuff on a gps unit, etc).

Yeah, I want them to let use use the left side buttons. Ideally assign at will.  But I see no reason not to simply allow both sides to be live. Personally, I'd like to be able to set them 'SRAM style' (up on one side, down on the other). I got feedback from LTWOO suggesting that they might do something. But no commitment.

sOKRATEs100

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2024, 09:58:24 AM »
Also going to write them about this topic! As more people might request this feature, chances will maybe increase that they implement it.

sOKRATEs100

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2024, 11:57:38 AM »
In case you wonder, could not get the cable through the chain stay since the connector is too long and stiff. Tried from both sides and finally gave up.
The routing tool with 5mm diameter passes in both directions but the stiff cable connector with the same diameter gets stuck and will not move..... I guess you can't always win  :-X

BR Chris
Hi @ChrisB,

many thanks for the idea with the heat shrink tube. Might work!

About the cable connector and about its stiffness and how long it is. Where did it got stuck? Near the RD in my frame I have this black piece where the RD-cable has to fit through. 2.8mm diameter on one and 6mm on the other side. I could possibly widen the 2.8mm hole to e.g. 5mm. How much is the diameter of the cable on the thickest part?

Kind regards, Dennis
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 10:37:28 AM by sOKRATEs100 »

ChrisB

« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2024, 10:25:53 PM »
Hello Dennis

In my case the cable got stuck way inside the frame, there may be some uneven surface in the most narrow part of the chainstay...
If the current solution bugs me enough I may have another go at routing the cable, but for the moment I will ride the bike as is.  ;-)

BR Chris

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2024, 04:07:42 AM »
Also going to write them about this topic! As more people might request this feature, chances will maybe increase that they implement it.

Did you get a conversation going? Having the left shifter paddles redundant is quite annoying (I mean at best, it's a waste of good electronics and extra weight!)

Ideal world I would have it SRAM style, with the upper buttons used to change bike computer page.

sOKRATEs100

« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2024, 04:47:19 PM »
Yes, Luke wrote me:

"Thanks for reaching out, we will evaluate your advice and see if it's workable or not."

jonathanf2

« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2024, 10:01:38 PM »
It'd be cool if you could use the shifters to scroll through your phone music playlist!

amacal1

« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2024, 12:26:42 PM »
It'd be cool if you could use the shifters to scroll through your phone music playlist!

That wouldn't exactly by my first voice for a feature, but literally anything is better than nothing.