Author Topic: Ace Sprint carbon wheels on Aliexpress  (Read 1303 times)

Jet the Panda

Ace Sprint carbon wheels on Aliexpress
« on: January 24, 2024, 07:18:41 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with them? Their price point is on the more budget friendly side compared to elite / light bicycle
I've not seen or heard of them before today.

https://acesprint.aliexpress.com/store/1898759/pages/all-items.html?productGroupId=40000004729898&storeId=1898759&sortType=bestmatch_sort

Wildh24

Re: Ace Sprint carbon wheels on Aliexpress
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 09:58:16 PM »
I have a pair of wheels and a disc rear ordered. They are very responsive!!  One of the best. Ended up doing some customizations with decals and mismatch rims. Haven't shipped yet but I'm looking forward to getting them. Seems like you can pretty much built them how you want and they'll accommodate.

I can keep this post updated if people want.

I ordered their carbon spoke x weave 19 IW wheels with rim brakes and star ratchet hubs. 60F 75R. I asked for custom logos (I've ordered rims and hubs from a number of suppliers on Ali and elsewhere.... And built them for my bikes, family, and friends).  I also ordered a Disc Rear wheel with the same rim width.

Total price was around $1450 for all three.  Custom logo placement added about $100.  Attached are renderings of the logos on the wheels.

I'm definitely curious on these.  If they check out good, I'd say it's been a good experience.  I had a ton of questions and they answered everything in a timely fashion. If the product is good, I'd endorse them. Still waiting to find out though. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 10:10:23 PM by Wildh24 »

Jet the Panda

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 04:59:05 AM »
Please do keep us updated! I'm very interested in this company and their wheels! The finishes look similar to what Lightbicycle are providing but the price point is even lower and being able to purchase from Aliexpress gives us a layer of protection.

Wildh24

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 06:07:04 AM »
Got a message from them yesterday. Decals and rear disc are done. Should have pics of the others later this week.

Best communication I've had from any seller. So far buying process has been superb.

Wildh24

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 10:03:51 PM »
Just got another update on the 60/75 combo. All done. Shipping today.

Was hoping for slightly darker grey logos since I'm not huge on big bling, but these will look spinning! 

buckfifty

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2024, 08:05:59 AM »
do you know how the hubs are? I asked them if they were Goldix but they said it was their own hubs

Cnasta

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 08:10:34 AM »
Just got another update on the 60/75 combo. All done. Shipping today.

Was hoping for slightly darker grey logos since I'm not huge on big bling, but these will look spinning!

They do look really cool!

If you're happy with them, I'll keep them in mind for my next purchase!

Wildh24

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 08:13:43 AM »
They do look really cool!

If you're happy with them, I'll keep them in mind for my next purchase!

I can't say for sure on all of their wheels, but these carbon spoke wheels have hubs made by chosen. Bearings S&S ceramic. Hub design is star ratchet.

I can confirms that once I get the wheels.

I looked at a lot of carbon spoke wheels and it seems as though this is a very commonly used hub on rim brake variants. As long as it's machined well, I don't see that it's hard to mess up. Especially if they are using the star ratchet design as is in DT Swiss.  DT Swiss is my preferred hub on bikes. They just work and are easy to service.

From what I could gather the bearings looked to be common 6802 and 6902 variants. If that's the case, then if issues arrive with bearings it's an easy swap.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 08:53:55 AM by Wildh24 »

Wildh24

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2024, 04:32:31 PM »
Wheels came in today!  First impression is WOW!  Finish and build is fantastic. I really wasn't expecting the logos to be of high quality but they are maybe some of the best I've seen on wheels. They are not busy stick on decals.   

Weight for 60/75 came in at 1320 gr.  That's in line with climbing wheels from a decade ago! 

Disc is 963gr with valve stem.

Shipping was about 8 days.  Shipped via FedEx to the USA.

Pictures below.   

I won't be able to report on ride for a while. It's winter here and roads are a mixed bag.

My only complaint would be that I was expecting the rear hub to be a star ratchet with ceramic bearings.  It's a 3 pawl hub with what look like standard steel bearings. This isn't the end of the world but different than what was communicated.   
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 07:51:01 PM by Wildh24 »

Wildh24

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2024, 05:50:28 PM »
More photos.

radfactor

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2024, 06:26:48 PM »
I've been using and riding a wheelset with the same parts (hub, aero carbon spokes and lightweight rims) as Ace Sprint carbon wheels. And trust me, the combination is marvelous and the wheelset itself is great. I believe Ace Sprint wheelset will give the same feels.

Wildh24

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2024, 07:52:06 PM »
Yeah they do look to be the same hubs. No issues?

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2024, 08:27:19 PM »
I'm surprised you're okay with the incorrect hubs. It's not a minor mix up but entirely different to what you communicated and expected to purchase

Wildh24

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2024, 09:19:03 PM »
Looking at the bearings they do look to be ceramic. Says right on them.   

The hub drive is a 36t ratchet with pawls... not a star ratchet. Reading through my communications, I only asked about a star ratchet specifically for the disc wheel. And that hub is exactly a described.

Given we were going back and forth between the disc rear and carbon spoke rear, I think I just made the assumption out was a star ratchet.

They were quick to respond to my clarifying question about it and apologetic for the confusion. I don't think there is anything misleading intentionally. The only thing that I am missing from my original thoughts is that the rear hub is not a star ratchet. It really isn't a big deal to me. I've never had a 3 pawl hub fail.  This will be on a tri bike and I'm not likely going to be standing and sprinting, so I'm not upset. My HED and Vision wheels use basically the exact same freehub drive.  I have 1000s of miles on them with zero issues.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 09:54:47 PM by Wildh24 »

radfactor

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2024, 09:49:11 PM »
Zero issue for me
Yeah they do look to be the same hubs. No issues?