Author Topic: sentyeh/Sensah HRD Hydraulic 1x11 compatibility  (Read 765 times)

brifter5

sentyeh/Sensah HRD Hydraulic 1x11 compatibility
« on: January 26, 2024, 09:25:50 AM »
I got my hands on a sensah/sentyeh HRD 1X11 Hydraulic set but it didn't come with the crankset. Just the rear derailleur and shifters and brakes. I'm trying to pick out a nice crankset. My friend is willing to part ways with his SRAM RIVAL DUB crankset but it being 12sp, I'm thinking it won't work and not sure what kind of chain to get to make it work. I guess I can always try changing the chainring on it right? What do you think? Anyone have any experience with this? Would it work as is with the right chain? Any suggestions welcome! Thank you!

Update:
Shimano Deore XT 11-42T Cassette
Sensah HRD GRII 1X11 SRX Pro Derailleur
KMC 11 Speed Chain
SRAM DUB-WIDE BB
SRAM DUB-WIDE 40T Chainring
1.85 Cassette spacer.

After taking it all apart and trying again,I swapped out to 11 speed chain and works better and no longer using the larger spacer. I think this is the final setup.
Had some issues with the sunshine 11-42t cassette but I took a good sunshine from another bike and realized the cassette was the culprit this whole time.
I switched to a deore xt cassette and the bike has come to life!!!!!

Hydraulic brakes are working great and shifting is sharp and quick.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 09:21:44 PM by brifter5 »

TidyDinosaur

Re: sentyeh HRD 1x11 compatibility
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 11:17:09 AM »
12 speed chain should work on 11 speed components (I did it for a while on my gravel bike). It should even give you crisper shifting on 11 speed.

jefflinde

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 03:27:51 PM »
i actually had an issue with the 11speed narrow wide chainring being too wide for the 12 seed chain.  it would not sit all the way down in the chainring. 

brifter5

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 12:07:57 AM »
i actually had an issue with the 11speed narrow wide chainring being too wide for the 12 seed chain.  it would not sit all the way down in the chainring.

Did you have issues with the cassette?

The front crankset has the 40T x-sync chainring that comes with sram rival crankset 12sp. The cassette however is a sunshine hg hub 11 speed cassette. I was thinking of trying a 12spd gx eagle chain and seeing how that works with the 11 speed cassette.

nickobec

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 01:27:26 AM »
... My friend is willing to part ways with his SRAM RIVAL DUB crankset but it being 12sp, I'm thinking it won't work and not sure what kind of chain to get to make it work. I guess I can always try changing the chainring on it right? ...
SRAM 12 speed drive trains use different size chains and therefore different chain rings and cassettes, from 11 speed and 12 speed shimano.

So you need to replace the chain ring/s to work 11 speed chain and cassette.

brifter5

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2024, 01:52:28 AM »
SRAM 12 speed drive trains use different size chains and therefore different chain rings and cassettes, from 11 speed and 12 speed shimano.

So you need to replace the chain ring/s to work 11 speed chain and cassette.

Was thinking something along these lines too. I was looking at the wolf tooth that claims to be compatible with a range of chains. Any aliexpress chainrings that known to be good or maybe I should just switch to a ali crankset all together.

nickobec

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2024, 06:41:51 AM »
Was thinking something along these lines too. I was looking at the wolf tooth that claims to be compatible with a range of chains. Any aliexpress chainrings that known to be good or maybe I should just switch to a ali crankset all together.
chain compatibility is either SRAM 12 speed (and their are some caveats, ie some SRAM 12 speed are not compatible with others) or everybody else ie 9,10,11 and every non SRAM 12 speed chain has the same pitch and roller size, the only  difference is width via plate thickness.

Modern SRAM cranks use an eight bolt direct mount, older SRAM cranks and most AliExpress cranks use a three bolt direct mount. So plenty  of three bolt direct mount chain rings on AliExpress, there are eight bolt bolt direct mount chain rings available, but tend to be premium brands.

Other alternative is buy a direct mount power meter spider, they are available in both three and eight bolt models. Then pick a chain ring that matches your BCD or just buy a Magene P505 crank and nottt the SRAM.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2024, 09:47:23 AM »
or just buy a Magene P505 crank and nottt the SRAM.
I would avoid the P505 PM / crank combo sine it has a proprietary interface and you will never be able to use the PM on another crank if you want to mix things up.

jefflinde

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2024, 03:34:01 PM »
Did you have issues with the cassette?

The front crankset has the 40T x-sync chainring that comes with sram rival crankset 12sp. The cassette however is a sunshine hg hub 11 speed cassette. I was thinking of trying a 12spd gx eagle chain and seeing how that works with the 11 speed cassette.

No the cassette was not the issue.  it was just the chain ring and only the wide tooth was causing the issue.  swapping to a 12 speed specific N/W chainring solved the issue.

brifter5

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2024, 11:46:16 PM »
Update:
Shimano Deore XT 11-42T Cassette
Sensah HRD GRII 1X11 SRX Pro Derailleur
KMC 11 Speed Chain
SRAM DUB-WIDE BB
SRAM DUB-WIDE 40T Chainring
1.85 Cassette spacer.

After taking it all apart and trying again,I swapped out to 11 speed chain and works better and no longer using the larger spacer. I think this is the final setup.
Had some issues with the sunshine 11-42t cassette but I took a good sunshine from another bike and realized the cassette was the culprit this whole time.
I switched to a deore xt cassette and the bike has come to life!!!!!

Hydraulic brakes are working great and shifting is sharp and quick.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 07:50:03 AM by brifter5 »