Author Topic: Tideace NEW Gravel Frame: GR201  (Read 14142 times)

Sand101

Re: Tideace NEW Gravel Frame: GR201
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2024, 05:36:43 PM »
It's been dispatched. I went for a Lexon flared bar. I've got so many different spacers from various builds I hoping I can make it work. The Lexon bars also came with a good assortment.

Very interested in this frame - good tire clearance, love the frame pocket, good geometry (for me).  When you get it I'd love to see what they include with it.  What bottom bracket are you putting into it?  Also (if I can request), I'd love to see a measurement of the non-drive side crank clearance for a crank arm powermeter.  Trying to make sure a 4iii fits:

https://www2023-assets.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/manuals-guides/precision-3/p3-clearance.pdf

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2024, 05:56:04 AM »
I'll do a youtube video of the build.

I've gone for a ZTTO T47 BB. No idea if it'll be any good or not.

Alugear chainring and Magene P505 (hopefully it fits). Ltwoo e-gr groupset with an out of spec 11-50 ZTTO cassette (currently installed on a Ribble CGR).

Osh

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2024, 06:41:33 PM »
I'll do a youtube video of the build.

I've gone for a ZTTO T47 BB. No idea if it'll be any good or not.

Alugear chainring and Magene P505 (hopefully it fits). Ltwoo e-gr groupset with an out of spec 11-50 ZTTO cassette (currently installed on a Ribble CGR).

I'll be waiting for that! interested to see the headset topcap for integrated cable routing as it looks like it will need to be changed

Osh

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2024, 05:09:02 AM »
@gloscherrybomb

Infact I'm sure im going to need to change headset/topcap

Can you confirm od of the topcap when you receive yours plz

jb3112

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2024, 12:43:37 PM »
I'll be waiting for that! interested to see the headset topcap for integrated cable routing as it looks like it will need to be changed

Do you have more pics, are you pleased with it

Osh

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2024, 09:20:43 PM »
@jb3112

thats a picture i found online, still waiting for mine to be produced
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 09:26:50 PM by Osh »

Eddy-haideli

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2024, 09:35:12 PM »
Email: official@tideacebike.com
Site: www.tideacebike.com
Facebook: Tideacebike
Ins:tideacebike

jb3112

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2024, 06:28:13 AM »
Yet another one where the geo doesn't match the tire clearance except in the small sizes.  HTA / STA and FC / WB are garbage in the larger sizes.

What frame would you recomend

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2024, 08:13:10 AM »
Build in progress. Some quick fire notes before a much more detailed review post-build:

Good:
  • Paint job is immaculate. Really impressed
  • Shipping was quick considering it was custom
  • overall laypup quality seems very good from what you can see internally

Bad:
  • They didn't include the downtube storage toolkit bag which was expected. Have contacted them, so hopefully they can send it.
  • The hole for the rear thu-axle is nor circular or at all a close fit for the thru-axle. It does seem to clamp down well and not move, so maybe not an issue in-use
  • The various mounting bolts are crazy heavy. I've swapped them all out for practically weightless rubber bungs or titanium bolts
  • I had to space out the magene P505 by 2mm, not because it fouled the frame (I might have needed a really thin spacer) but because my 46T chainring fouled the chainstay. 46T isn't massive for a 1X, so that's worth bearing in mind.

Sand101

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2024, 07:53:44 PM »
Build in progress. Some quick fire notes before a much more detailed review post-build:

Good:
  • Paint job is immaculate. Really impressed
  • Shipping was quick considering it was custom
  • overall laypup quality seems very good from what you can see internally

Bad:
  • They didn't include the downtube storage toolkit bag which was expected. Have contacted them, so hopefully they can send it.
  • The hole for the rear thu-axle is nor circular or at all a close fit for the thru-axle. It does seem to clamp down well and not move, so maybe not an issue in-use
  • The various mounting bolts are crazy heavy. I've swapped them all out for practically weightless rubber bungs or titanium bolts
  • I had to space out the magene P505 by 2mm, not because it fouled the frame (I might have needed a really thin spacer) but because my 46T chainring fouled the chainstay. 46T isn't massive for a 1X, so that's worth bearing in mind.

Paint looks great.  When you do your buildup I'd love to see clearance of the crank on the non drive side (mentioned it above) for a crank PM.  Also, what is the steerer tube diameter?  I was told 52mm, which is definitely not it.

The thru axle hole being large isn't a good thing.  That should be a pretty tight tolerance hole.  What diameter is the hole? 

Ossip

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2024, 03:34:05 AM »
Someone already tried to fit in 29.2.25 tires? i think that would be a really fast and robust setup for racing.
Could someone try to fit it in en show how it runs then?

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2024, 03:47:16 AM »
Paint looks great.  When you do your buildup I'd love to see clearance of the crank on the non drive side (mentioned it above) for a crank PM.  Also, what is the steerer tube diameter?  I was told 52mm, which is definitely not it.

The thru axle hole being large isn't a good thing.  That should be a pretty tight tolerance hole.  What diameter is the hole?

I'll try to answer all of your questions later today. The steerer tube is standard 28.6.

There's a short video attached to this post of the complete build minus chain. Full weight including pedals, garmin, etc 8.6kg which I think is very reasonable. 8.4kg with chain, without pedals and garmin.

Full build list:
  • Tideace Noah custom paint
  • Wheels from Peter (search forum). Custom spec - 24mm internal hooked wavy rims, pillar wing spokes, ratchet style hub
  • Lexon UNOX gravel handlebar
  • Magene P505 power meter spider/cranks (167.5mm)
  • Alugear narrow/wide chainring (46T)
  • LTWOO e-gr groupset
  • ZTTO 11-50T cassette
  • ZTTO T47 BB
  • RYET ultralight saddle
  • Panaracer gravelking 43mm tyres
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 07:49:19 AM by gloscherrybomb »

gloscherrybomb

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2024, 03:48:10 AM »
Someone already tried to fit in 29.2.25 tires? i think that would be a really fast and robust setup for racing.
Could someone try to fit it in en show how it runs then?

I'll take measurements later but I think it will fit a 2.2 no problem.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 03:55:20 AM by gloscherrybomb »

Sand101

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2024, 07:45:57 PM »
I'll take measurements later but I think it will fit a 2.2 no problem.

Pictures in the first post here show measurements of the clearance.  Smallest is 66mm.  With reasonable clearance (6mm a side?) something like 2.1" should fit comfortably.  2.2" may be stretching it a bit.  It would be good to see what you get in your measurements, though.

BTW, those wheels are awesome.  Oh, and where did you get those bungs?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 09:12:13 PM by Sand101 »

Osh

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2024, 08:24:29 PM »
very nice work gloscherrybomb...