Author Topic: LightCarbon seatpost wedge. Solved, some build Pics  (Read 441 times)

w2ge

LightCarbon seatpost wedge. Solved, some build Pics
« on: February 01, 2024, 05:03:56 PM »
My mechanic is building up my LCG071D LightCarbon gravel bike and having issues trying to figure out seatpost wedge.   Any tips, instructions please? 

TIA, Phil
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 09:08:21 AM by w2ge »

w2ge

Re: LightCarbon seatpost wedge?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 09:07:39 AM »
NVM.  He figured it out.  I understand its a bit fidgety.

Some pics of where it’s currently at.   Going with 1x, SRAM GX EAGLE AXS derailleur, Alugear 44t oval purple chainring.  Cassette is 10-50.  Sram Force brakes, shifters.

Not sure if this is allowed mods but I feel I need to give my guy credit.  Bikebuildz on instagram
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 09:25:42 AM by w2ge »

SiegeA

Re: LightCarbon seatpost wedge. Solved, some build Pics
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 01:09:17 PM »
I have the same frame on order. Just patiently waiting for it to arrive to build it up as LightCarbon already sent the wheels and I have the rest of the parts sitting on the shelf. Any tips from your mechanic on the seat post wedge? Y

w2ge

Re: LightCarbon seatpost wedge. Solved, some build Pics
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 06:59:42 PM »
I have the same frame on order. Just patiently waiting for it to arrive to build it up as LightCarbon already sent the wheels and I have the rest of the parts sitting on the shelf. Any tips from your mechanic on the seat post wedge? Y

Don’t know if his text reply to me asking about will really help, but here’s his response:

“Its similar to sl5 tarmac I had..I guess trick is just having at an angle that it doesn't fall down the tube”

And congrats on your new bike, LC did same w me, wheels came first and about two weeks later I received the frame.