Author Topic: Value Ceramic Bottom Bracket BB90  (Read 527 times)

Wildh24

Value Ceramic Bottom Bracket BB90
« on: February 10, 2024, 04:55:32 PM »
Anyone got a good recommendation for a pressfit bottom bracket? 

Looking at bbinifinite and boka, but they seem wildly expensive.

Anyone try tripeak?

TRiPEAK Press-Fit Bottom Bracket for BB90/95 (37mm) w/Ceramic Bearings for 24mm Shimano Hollowtech II Road/MTB Crankset, Compatible w/Trek Frame
https://a.co/d/gddV8xY

Serge_K

Re: Value Ceramic Bottom Bracket BB90
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 11:49:36 AM »
Yet another format i've never heard of.
I've had good luck with ZTTO (BB86) (China) & Moquai (BB386) (bike discount, but probably from China anyway)
Can't tell them apart, they're all pressfit, with a CNC machine threaded sleeve joining the 2 sides, so presumably a ton more rigid than the classic shimano plastic cups.
I've managed to annihilate a Shimano PF BB on my Giant. PF not threaded.
And I've had issues with PF BB30 SRAM BB on my Cannondale (like everyone else it seems). PF not threaded

I really think that the threaded version of PF BBs is superior, intuitively, it makes sense, given that all the power goes through that part of the bike, and given how bad frame makers are at making round and aligned holes, it just makes sense to have A screwing into B. Then whether you buy Hambini or just a machined aluminium sleeve, i doubt you'll be able to tell the difference.

I have spare ZTTO BB86 BBs if anyone is interested, i'm in Europe.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 11:52:07 AM by Serge_K »

Wildh24

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 12:41:10 PM »
Yes I agree. The threaded shell designs are superior it seems. Simple install and I think less issues with breaking and possible poor fit. BB90 is a trek BB standard that only uses a 37mm shell so not many of these options available. I think Token makes one, but that may be it ...

Froglover825

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 12:17:22 AM »
I like the ZTTO ones, i wouldn't go for ceramic, the lifespan on them is shite unless you ride on beautiful tarmac and never in the rain or dirt.

tssy5

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2024, 05:51:20 AM »
Tripeak is a Taiwanese company, generally speaking the products they made are great just like FSA and Token.
Better to get a steel one, ceramic is not worth it, unless you race.

toxin

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2024, 07:46:41 AM »
Even if you race, ceramic bearings are completely pointless when the large majority of drag comes from the seals