Author Topic: Shipping time from flyxii?  (Read 5770 times)

bigportions

Shipping time from flyxii?
« on: January 18, 2015, 06:45:05 PM »
I placed an order for a couple frames in Dec. 1 was sent out immediately but they had to build the other one as they did not have it stock. Anyway says it export customs scan 12/26 but no word after that. I know its a waiting game but would have expected to arrive by now. Anyone else have experience? I hope my other frame doesn't take this long as I already had to wait an extra 25days for build. Portland, OR

Carbon_Dude

Re: Shipping time from flyxii?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 12:12:20 PM »
Have you checked that EMS tracking number at USPS?  Typically there is a hand-off after the shipment clears customs.  Also, typically at least a week goes by from the time EMS gets the shipment until new info shows on the tracking ID.

So far, everything I've ordered from XMIplay has only taken no more than 10 business days to travel from China to Atlanta, once I have a tracking number.

Seems Flyxii has done their part if they sent you a tracking number so now all you can do is wait.  I've also seen shipments slow down after Xmas due to the overall lack of shipments in January and maybe lots of people in the shipping business take vacation after the holidays, not sure which.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

bigportions

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 12:02:02 AM »
Yeah I have been checking with usps it says "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."
They got the package out like the day after I ordered it I think on the 19th of Dec so looks like it may just be waiting for a spot on a plane at this point.
Don't want to bother them asking what their turnover time is but so far they have been very helpful over email and answered every question very promptly.
Thanks for the inside and keep an eye out for a build :)

bigportions

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »
Still waiting. Will give my full review of my experience with the company as soon as my frame arrives. many details.

bigportions

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 10:18:21 PM »
still. waiting. wondering if i should open a dispute on paypal. anyone have any opinions? I ordered another frame from them   couple weeks ago and it arrived in like 3 days! not sure about this. help

bigportions

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 11:03:11 AM »
Frame arrived in my home town outside of Portland today and is set to be on my doorstep by time I get home from work! Full review of my experience with flyxii and my first impressions of frames to come shortly

SamSkjord

• Professional skjord racer. Powered by carrots.
    • View Profile
    • Cash4bones.com
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 01:12:28 PM »
Good to hear they've (finally) arrived.

They don't normally take that long, mine was:

6th (night) Emailed asking about BB30
7th (lunchtime) Told would be a 50 day wait but BSA available. Invoice sent and paid.
8th Shipped
11th Arrived in UK
19th Cleared Customs
22nd Delivered

That was 2 years ago though so they may be a bit busier with the increased popularity in chinabikes.

bigportions

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 07:46:43 PM »
yeah it arrived and looks excellent. They sent it out amazingly fast after I placed the order but got held up in customs in China. In no way was this the fault of Flyxii and I am very happy with how fast the response was on their side when I had concerns. I will write up full review soon for anyone interested