Author Topic: Headset Bearings  (Read 373 times)

feris0n

Headset Bearings
« on: February 23, 2024, 11:06:00 PM »
Does anybody know where to get good bearings on Ali?

Just checked my headset bearings and they’ve started to rust I’ll keep them for the winter but will probably replace them when summer comes.

These are the headset bearings that come from my bike, it’d be nice to know where I could pick up some replacement ones.

Thanks!

Edit: Can’t choose a second picture since sending it through my phone. But this was the main bearing that started to rust.

PLA

Re: Headset Bearings
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 09:42:59 AM »
Good bearings on aliexpress?

No.

Serge_K

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 10:13:21 AM »
To be fair I don't think you need state of the arts bearings on a steerer column. For sure AliExpress stocks that. If it's cheap I wouldn't worry about quality too much. Bottom brackets see 1000+ watts and constant work. Steerer bearings see a tiny fraction of that action.
I may be wrong but after building 9 Chinese bikes I wouldn't spend extra on fancy bearings there.

coffeebreak

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 08:02:00 PM »
On my Canyon CF SLX Ultimate the lower headset bearing is an odd size and hard to find. This store, Fushi - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1100495745 was the only one which had it in stock. Its been a few months only but the bearing is fine. Interestingly bearings on my ICAN Aero wheelset were labeled Fushi too which I replaced a while ago (from same brand) and they have been excellent so far around 2000 miles in.

Froglover825

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 10:37:20 PM »
Bearings from any highly reviewed seller on aliexpress should be fine, especially for headset, for the love of god do not buy ceramic though, the longevity on them is a joke.

feris0n

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 02:12:27 AM »
On my Canyon CF SLX Ultimate the lower headset bearing is an odd size and hard to find. This store, Fushi - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1100495745 was the only one which had it in stock. Its been a few months only but the bearing is fine. Interestingly bearings on my ICAN Aero wheelset were labeled Fushi too which I replaced a while ago (from same brand) and they have been excellent so far around 2000 miles in.
Thank you so much, I just didn't know where to start looking because the generic usual Ali bike brands were popping up. I found some as the stores just kept popping up after looking at yours. Only problem is they only sell in groups of 3 so I guess I'll have extra lower bearings so I won't have to worry about trashing it for winter's to come. Also it's a lot cheaper than buying from FSA.