Author Topic: Yellow Tabby on CD's posts & Other Chit Chat  (Read 10885 times)

Andy

Yellow Tabby on CD's posts & Other Chit Chat
« on: April 25, 2014, 09:27:37 AM »
A little off topic but I gotta know.  CD why do you have a pic of a little yellow Tabby kitty cat in your posts? 

I have a little yellow Tabby that I just adore.  His name is "Squirty" and he is my little shadow....I just love him.
Thanks CD.
Andy. :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:33:47 AM by Carbon_Dude »

Carbon_Dude

Re: Yellow Tabby on CD's posts
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 09:45:48 AM »
I use him as my avatar because he just stares at you, he is our 18 lb big male orange tiger tabby.  Given his size and affectionate personality, we believe he is part Maine Coon :).  We have two, a male and a smaller female.  The male is named Milo, the female is Dobby.  I know, in the HP movies Dobby was a male but in the books it never really said so we deemed her our House Elf as she disappears and reappears magically.  Here is a picture of both of them.

2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 09:47:25 AM »
Maybe we need an Off-Topic forum :).
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
Atlanta, GA

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »
A little off topic but I gotta know.  CD why do you have a pic of a little yellow Tabby kitty cat in your posts? 

I have a little yellow Tabby that I just adore.  His name is "Squirty" and he is my little shadow....I just love him.
Thanks CD.

Squirty is a cool name, although that would depend on how he got the name :).  We all love our four legged kids!  Cats are so interesting to us, we like dogs but the cats also develop such a special bond.
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
Atlanta, GA

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 01:58:56 PM »
Maybe we need an Off-Topic forum :).

Real soon... CD. I agree, you were right about that one.. sooner is prob better than later for that specific board. What should we call it? Simply "Off Topic", or "Trailhead", or ??

Sorry.. Been super busy at work past few days. Hopefully this weekend, I'll get some time to update a few things on the forum, work on the bike, and update my build thread.

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
18 pounds! Weighs more than your bike :)

Andy

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »

LOL!  Now that is funny!

I need my little Tabby tonight to help me feel better.   I crashed hard out on our Friday night group ride tonight.  We were ripping down a downhill section and my front end clipped a root and threw it off to the side where it slipped off a retaining wall and I flipped end over end.  Nothing broken but LOTS of sprains, cuts, bruising and swelling.  I got lucky, at first I thought i'd broke my arm or wrist but it was just really stunned from the impact.  Oh, and the bike is fine.  :).

Girlfriend is irked and my boss will treat me like I'm an idiot for yet another bike accident. That's okay,  They just don't get it.  Oh well I love it and that's that.

Andy

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 08:55:42 PM »
Oh and CD, you have some beautiful cats!  love their color!

Carbon_Dude

Re: Yellow Tabby on CD's posts & Other Chit Chat
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 06:32:37 AM »

LOL!  Now that is funny!

I need my little Tabby tonight to help me feel better.   I crashed hard out on our Friday night group ride tonight.  We were ripping down a downhill section and my front end clipped a root and threw it off to the side where it slipped off a retaining wall and I flipped end over end.  Nothing broken but LOTS of sprains, cuts, bruising and swelling.  I got lucky, at first I thought i'd broke my arm or wrist but it was just really stunned from the impact.  Oh, and the bike is fine.  :).

Girlfriend is irked and my boss will treat me like I'm an idiot for yet another bike accident. That's okay,  They just don't get it.  Oh well I love it and that's that.

Damn Dude, that sounds like a painful crash!  Glad it sounds like you will make a quick recovery, and that the bike is okay :).

When I read the detailed description of your crash I was thinking:

"I don't like to crash, but when I do, I make sure it's one me and my friends will remember."
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
Atlanta, GA

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 06:39:01 AM »
I also went for a ride after work yesterday.  Didn't ride as fast as I normally do, I was a bit tired I guess.  Luckily, no blood and very little mud at the end of the ride.  It was a good ride though, not many people on the trail late Friday afternoon.

We are participating in the neighborhood garage sale today so I was up early, this will be a long day, doubt I will get out and ride two days in a row.

Tomorrow, me and a couple friends are headed to Barber Motorsports Park to watch the Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama and the World Challenge  Series Race so no biking tomorrow either.
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
Atlanta, GA

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 07:47:48 AM »

Eek. Sorry to hear that! Sounds like that was a pretty major crash and burn. Mtb wrecks suck, lol. Know you're feeling it today.. feel for ya man.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:29:39 PM by Sitar_Ned »

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 07:50:22 AM »

When I read the detailed description of your crash I was thinking:

"I don't like to crash, but when I do, I make sure it's one me and my friends will remember."

Ha! Pretty good... but you gotta step your meme game up if you want to be a full-fledged mod!  ;D

http://memegenerator.net/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:30:00 PM by Sitar_Ned »

Andy

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 05:38:46 AM »
Thanks for the kind responses friends.  I've got my ankle braced and everything iced.  Should be back on the trails in a couple of days.  Thanks again!

brmeyer135

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 06:19:01 PM »
Andy,
Were you wearing any armor?
Been debating on getting some.
I just don't want to have one of those freak accidents and be laid? up in hospital and can't work.
I know those can happen with armor but obviously less chance with armor.
Andy, do you think the g-force type armor would have helped or would a compression suit for your wreck?

Andy

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2014, 07:02:21 PM »
no, I wasn't wearing any armor and I don't really know anything about it.  Yes, it woulda helped with the cuts and bruising but the twisted ankle was the biggie.  Can't see myself wearing armor since I'm a cross country racer and would think it would be hot and binding.  But don't let me dissuade you from it.  Thanks,
Andy.