Author Topic: Lexon reverse ... Repair or replace?  (Read 530 times)

mirphak

Lexon reverse ... Repair or replace?
« on: March 13, 2024, 02:14:13 AM »
My Lexon reverse recently said enough and a tear appeared in the top tube, right in front of where the seat tube is located. Lots os squeaking noises when on the saddle and a seat post that does not hold anymore.

I have a friend who is quite good at repairing carbon, and should probably be able to fix that, but still the question remain: should I fix this? Some details

- the frame is 3.5 years old.
- it costed me 230€ shipped.
- already has a few paint chips here and there, so it would need a general painting job.
- geo probably outdated (70.5 deg steerer tube, 73.5 seat tube angle), but I love it's tall stack and short reach in size 19 (for me, at 175cm tall and 86cm inseam is perfect).
- bottom bracket is BSA, but likely not greatly done since it trashes bottom brackets very often (every 3-6 months).
- brake caliper facing not perfect. Solved it with a little spacer, otherwise it wouldn't sit perfectly straight.

Possible replacement (but I have zero referenced): Spcycle MP-048 https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzDB7sH

Requirements: threaded bottom bracket (t47 ideally as I would use DUB cranks, BSA otherwise), udh hanger ideally, 31.6mm seat post ideally.

Any advice?

TidyDinosaur

Re: Lexon reverse ... Repair or replace?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 03:57:31 AM »
I would go for the new frame (there will be sales later this month) and maybe just repair the old frame structurally and use it for a beater bike or something...

When I crashed my road bike last summer (the bike was 1 month old) I got a quote for 250€ for repair without paint. Since a new frame is 500-600€ I just got a new frame and built a new bike. I repaired the cashed frame myself and it is now on my indoor trainer.

mirphak

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 07:06:46 AM »
I have already too many bikes. Cannot afford the space of a new one.

mirphak

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 06:37:50 PM »
From the inside.

I honestly do not feel it sinking when I push, but there is a line on the inside that matches the tear outside.

mirphak

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 03:14:37 AM »
I ended up buying the same frame but painted. Other candidates where the spcycle m05 (trifox sdy20) and the m048 (new frame with a lot of boxes ticked but with a super narrow left seat stay and fully internal cabling through the steerer that did not combine me.

300€ shipped to Europe and customs paid. Not too bad.