Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

Wheels upgrade

(1/4) > >>

BeR:
Hello,

I have the Giant SLR 2 36 mm (disc - tubeless) and I want to upgrade it. I found two models :
- Elite edge 40 mm
- ICAN Aero 40

Do you have a preference or advice ? Or will you recommend another model for around 700 USD ?

coffeebreak:

--- Quote from: BeR on March 13, 2024, 12:47:08 PM ---Hello,

I have the Giant SLR 2 36 mm (disc - tubeless) and I want to upgrade it. I found two models :
- Elite edge 40 mm
- ICAN Aero 40

Do you have a preference or advice ? Or will you recommend another model for around 700 USD ?

--- End quote ---

I have ICAN Aero 50 and Elite SLT (not edge). The Elitewheels is a proven, well loved brand and Edge is a fantastic wheelset by all means if you read reviews. However between SLT and Aero 50, the Aero is simply better in the way it rolls and sound it makes. The SLT hubs are incredibly loud. And I guess Edge also has those loud hubs. Aero's are almost silent comparatively and I love it for that reason. They have also stayed true for the longest time compared to any other wheelset I have had.

Very light, accelerate reasonably well and keep up the speed exceedingly well. Don't think you will unhappy with either. From my experience, in future if I am to choose between ICAN and Elite I think I will go with ICAN.

BalticSea:

--- Quote from: coffeebreak on March 13, 2024, 12:59:04 PM ---I have ICAN Aero 50 and Elite SLT (not edge). The Elitewheels is a proven, well loved brand and Edge is a fantastic wheelset by all means if you read reviews. However between SLT and Aero 50, the Aero is simply better in the way it rolls and sound it makes. The SLT hubs are incredibly loud. And I guess Edge also has those loud hubs. Aero's are almost silent comparatively and I love it for that reason. They have also stayed true for the longest time compared to any other wheelset I have had.

Very light, accelerate reasonably well and keep up the speed exceedingly well. Don't think you will unhappy with either. From my experience, in future if I am to choose between ICAN and Elite I think I will go with ICAN.

--- End quote ---

SLT wheelset has pawl hub, Edge has ratchet hub.

P.S. Sound is subjective, for me the louder the hub, the better. Serves as a bell for unaware people and an alarm clock for the neighbours   8)

Serge_K:
You can get anything you want from FarSports, and if that's of interest, they have rims that are wider than Elite. At that price point, they can build something great. You can email them directly. I suggest you find a friend to order a set as well, they can put 4 wheels in one box, and shipping is virtually the same, so you save 50-80 bucks in shipping.

BeR:

--- Quote from: Serge_K on March 13, 2024, 04:37:43 PM ---You can get anything you want from FarSports, and if that's of interest, they have rims that are wider than Elite. At that price point, they can build something great. You can email them directly. I suggest you find a friend to order a set as well, they can put 4 wheels in one box, and shipping is virtually the same, so you save 50-80 bucks in shipping.

--- End quote ---

Prices of their wheels seems too expansive for me on their website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version