Author Topic: Elita One Saddle  (Read 524 times)

kanuto

Elita One Saddle
« on: March 16, 2024, 06:15:45 AM »
Guys, where do elite one copy this specific saddle?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ol6dEQ0

I really like this saddle (155mm). But my heavy ass already broke 2 of this.

Not sure if its just bad batch or what. I want to get the real one. :)

numberzero

Re: Elita One Saddle
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 07:14:18 AM »
It looks like a specialized saddle.
If the elita is really 100g for 50 dollars no wonder why it breaks easily ::)

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 08:38:31 AM »
I have one of those. Since the rails are kind of short I could not use it on my Hygge bike, so it is now installed on my indoor bike. 5000km and still going strong. I am only 65 kg though.
The weight saving is really welcome on my virtual rides. I go so much faster now.

Benbenben

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 08:53:55 AM »
I have been riding that saddle for 2 years now. No issues and I think the quality is top notch.

kanuto

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 09:02:21 AM »
I have been riding that saddle for 2 years now. No issues and I think the quality is top notch.

Whats your weight?

I weigh around 77-79kg. Hit a pothole and cracked right away

kanuto

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 09:04:51 AM »
It looks like a specialized saddle.
If the elita is really 100g for 50 dollars no wonder why it breaks easily ::)

Actually, it is. The padded ones are like 130g. But still very light.
Yes, it does look like a specialized but comparing the nose. The specialized looks to be wider than elita.

Sebastian

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 09:17:40 AM »
Pretty sure you got a bad batch. I got two of these. I did more than 10k km on one of them and even did a 180k race with over 40k of pretty gruesome cobblestones. And despite weighing 82kg I haven't managed to break either of them. I do however think that there's better saddles out there.

jannmayer

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2024, 11:33:16 PM »
I have one on my road bike and one on my gravel bike with no issues. It's been on the road bike for a while, but the gravel bike is more recent. Both see some pretty rough roads. I'm about 94 kg without gear, so they seem pretty sturdy to me. I find it very comfortable so I just put one on my mountain bike as well but I haven't ridden that yet.

Out of curiosity, what type of seatpost clamp do you have? Does it clamp the rails along the full length, or just at one point in the front and one in the rear?

kanuto

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 02:25:12 AM »
I have one on my road bike and one on my gravel bike with no issues. It's been on the road bike for a while, but the gravel bike is more recent. Both see some pretty rough roads. I'm about 94 kg without gear, so they seem pretty sturdy to me. I find it very comfortable so I just put one on my mountain bike as well but I haven't ridden that yet.

Out of curiosity, what type of seatpost clamp do you have? Does it clamp the rails along the full length, or just at one point in the front and one in the rear?

Indeed, they are very comfortable. I cannot find any big name brand saddle. Tried fizik, selle, fabric, etc nothing comes close.
Im using the elita seatpost. The full length clamping one.

kbernstein

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 02:38:51 AM »
Running one for a year and a half, I was 77kg at my heaviest on this saddle, it does flex but no issues. Super happy with it at 122g

raisinberry777

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 03:16:53 AM »
I've been using this one for just over a year now:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005027020275.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.order_detail_item.3.63eef19cFqQW4Y

I love it - favourite saddle I've used so far (out of many!). It's quite flexy, but no signs of cracking or anything like that.