Author Topic: LEXON Road Carbon Crankset  (Read 12707 times)

Jet the Panda

Re: LEXON Road Carbon Crankset
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2024, 06:45:03 AM »
I have a cannondale with BB30a bottom bracket standard, I believe my spindle should be 30mm on my bikes stock cranks.
Is there a 30mm spindle version of these I can get? Their description says 28.9mm. Can I get some sort of adapter or different bb to use 24mm spindle too?
 ???

toxin

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2024, 06:47:47 AM »
29 mm is usually used with 30mm bbs with a nylon sleeve

raisinberry777

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2024, 06:48:22 AM »
You'll need a BB30A to DUB bottom bracket. SRAM make one.

Jet the Panda

« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2024, 09:53:11 AM »
29 mm is usually used with 30mm bbs with a nylon sleeve
You'll need a BB30A to DUB bottom bracket. SRAM make one.
Thanks for the info guys! I'm pretty new to tinkering with road bikes  ;D

Is this lexon crank the best carbon crankset to get at the moment?

kubackje

« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2024, 11:09:37 AM »
Thanks for the info guys! I'm pretty new to tinkering with road bikes  ;D

Is this lexon crank the best carbon crankset to get at the moment?

The best is Elilee or cybrei

toxin

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2024, 02:01:15 PM »
the best is sram really, elilee has the lightest and the only 24mm atm, lexon is basically the same as cybrei

kubackje

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2024, 04:30:48 PM »
the best is sram really, elilee has the lightest and the only 24mm atm, lexon is basically the same as cybrei

Yeah but cybrei is being riden by Pogacar on his TDF TT setup to you can be sure it's top quality and Lexon brand is not the most reputable one.

toxin

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2024, 04:38:40 PM »
Sure, the parts are basically the same and they probably come from the same factory.

And UAE equipment selection is weird sometimes. They probably wouldn't have had those cranks if they weren't an SRM rebrand
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 04:40:53 PM by toxin »

kubackje

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2024, 04:53:49 PM »
Sure, the parts are basically the same and they probably come from the same factory.

And UAE equipment selection is weird sometimes. They probably wouldn't have had those cranks if they weren't an SRM rebrand

If they're the same then cool, because we all know Lexon had loooads of shit products.

Shinobi_77

« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2024, 11:08:40 PM »
Confirmed with Rockbros that their 24mm roadbike version should come in September (no indication of the year).
It does provide an option to have a different logo but the product should be the same.

estingo

« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2024, 09:27:49 AM »
Yesterday, the LEXON carbon crankset with a Rotor Qrings Qarbon was installed. When I drove a decent amount of km I can report back. It's pretty light and I went for the purple middle with purple bolts.

Sander2177

« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2024, 09:39:14 AM »
I have pushed the button on Cybrei lots of race teams use and if its good enough for Pogacar!
Cybrei are due to release 24mm and Eiliee have an updateD 24mm due the X Trecneto I think its called, and Lexon also have a 24mm on the way.
Not all made in the same factory but someone has stolen the design obviously.
Considered the Lexon and RockBros but not worth the headache and potential injuries  save a few quid if it goes wrong IMO

Motty89

« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2024, 04:44:15 AM »
I just got this crank for my hill climb build (live in the UK) and have to say overall very impressed with the weight (322g without spider, going to use dm 1x chainring) and the machining/feel of the product. To me this and the rockbros crank look the same but you can clearly see this looks different (although similar) to the Cybrei crank. Wouldn't surprise me to learn they took "inspiration" from the cybrei and the rockbros and lexon are made in the same factory. Still waiting for the bb to arrive so will give an update when i've used it out on the road.
Also I used an old shimano 20 spline bb tool which worked fine for me.