Author Topic: In-frame triangle storage box ala Speedmax  (Read 419 times)

ejump0

In-frame triangle storage box ala Speedmax
« on: April 02, 2024, 12:20:49 AM »
Sup guys,
anyone know where i can find this kind of rubberized storage box ala Speedmax cf7 ?
i dont need those hard shell 3d printed ones that goes so expensive

/yes, im aware i can just cut the aero elite chrono bottle knockoff, but i like to see other options

TiA

« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 12:24:13 AM by ejump0 »

kbernstein

Re: In-frame triangle storage box ala Speedmax
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 04:03:33 AM »
I researched this extensively 2-3 years ago and couldn't really find anything.

The speedmax has screws, as do some tri bikes like the P3 so your best bet is just a small tool roll with straps to secure it like the dakine hot laps gripper, or using any bottle cage extender but it never looks pretty. Something neat like the specialized SWAT has to be made custom for a frame that has mounts for it. It's a shame gravel frames don't come with more mounts and their proprietary bags to seamlessly attach to, I'd pay extra for that

ejump0

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 06:39:33 AM »
I researched this extensively 2-3 years ago and couldn't really find anything.

The speedmax has screws, as do some tri bikes like the P3 so your best bet is just a small tool roll with straps to secure it like the dakine hot laps gripper, or using any bottle cage extender but it never looks pretty. Something neat like the specialized SWAT has to be made custom for a frame that has mounts for it. It's a shame gravel frames don't come with more mounts and their proprietary bags to seamlessly attach to, I'd pay extra for that

yup.
i'm surprised why this kind of simple rubberized 'box' storage isnt an in-demand item for any chinese company to mass produce. simple to store some tool kit or easy access larger nutrition carry-on stuffs.
In fact why doesnt canyon sell it in their parts store section?
Theres few hard case solutions, but theyre north usd100.

to retro fit on generic frame, i was just thinking to use long perforated plate and mount to 2 bosses on seat tube n downtube. the plate itself may provide some rigidity to the bottom part of the box

kbernstein

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 05:40:27 AM »
Bumping this thread because I found a company with some very interesting concepts
https://www.on-lynecomponents.com/collections/the-holy-rail/products/holy-rail-triangle-box-kit

I don't think they quite make exactly what I want but a modular slider rail is a very interesting idea to me. Maybe as an intermediate DIY product this could be exactly what we were looking for

Crash217

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 07:41:19 AM »
I've been looking for a similar thing and coming up pretty empty except for the Specialized SWAT box for my epic.    I guess it would fit my Gravel bike too.

I've considered getting a couple sheets of Kydex to try and form my own little box around a wood cutout that would utilize the lower bottle cage mounts and some velcro adhesive for placement.    I *could* use carbon fiber, but kydex is easier to work with (just add heat and form) and thin kydex often ends up a little more flexible so I could pop rivet a latch onto it to create a lid at the expense of having semi open seams riveted closed.