Author Topic: Tavelo Aero Frame  (Read 11359 times)

repoman

Re: Tavelo Aero Frame
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2024, 01:37:18 PM »
Does anyone know what major brand Tavelo is 'tied' to? 
On the Chris Miller show, they said that Tavelo is the house brand of a well known factory that produces a well known brand/brands.   

Too bad about they paint jobs they offer on the Arow...pretty hideous. Terrible color combinations and some weird squiggly doodles on the front?? :o
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 01:38:59 PM by repoman »

toxin

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2024, 03:58:04 PM »
Tavelo is its own brand, they just buy and brand frames from adapt. Adapt develop the frames and offer them to brands. The Attack was sold under a couple other brands but the Arow might only be sold under Tavelo as they move so many units they might get exclusivity on the frame. They were founded by a bunch of former Winspace employees, but they themselves do zero development, it's all adapt.

Sakizashi

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2024, 10:44:31 AM »
I personally really like the designs that Adapt churns out. Since Adapt doesnt do direct sales (though I thought someone here from Canada did a direct order in the past), Tavelo is actually the cheapest way to get your hands on an Adapt frame except for maybe the Speeder SC-R55D. I dont know pricing info for that but it looks a lot like the Adapt frame they teased on Facebook along side the Arow as new for 2024.

There was a rumor that Speeder was also the OEM behind Winspace frames--but i had thought that Speeder was more of development studio with fractional factory ownership. In any case, the Speeder forks have a very solid reputation now are are known for producing forks that relabeled for use by many brands either for sale through framebuilder supply or as the OEM fork option. There are $6000+ custom framesets using Speeder forks.

However, it wouldn't make sense that Speeder would be selling a frame designed by Adapt that competes with Tavelo if they were the "well known factory" and Tavelo was their in-house brand.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 10:50:05 AM by Sakizashi »

patliean1

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2024, 03:51:34 PM »
While some of the information in this thread is incorrect, I can say irrespective of where Winspace/Tavelo source their frames that the T1550 is great. The Tavelo Attack is also great, if not better than the T1500 in terms of road refinement.

I'm not sure if I'll get my hands on the latest Tavelo Arow since the price is a bit steep for a Chinese bike. However, I expect that frame to outclass the Attack by a small margin.

Sidenote: Winspace's gravel frame is also sold under ICAN's brand as well. And probably for slightly cheaper.

repoman

« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2024, 09:32:08 AM »
Is the Speeder SC-R55D the same as that Hygge Aero frame posted in another thread?

Sakizashi

« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2024, 01:26:36 PM »
I don't think the Speeder is the same at the Hygge.

Back in the day there were only 2-3 carbon factories selling open molds. Flybike is one that still exists and seem to sell primarily through Carbonda. There was a factory called Gotobike which owns or owned the trademark for the Winspace name. Make what you will of that--but trying untangle who makes what frame and who designed what is, in my opinion not that useful. The relevant thing is whether or not you trust the brand to work with you and whether or not you think the combination of product quality and support will meet your needs.

What i do know is that I've been really happy with Speeder sourced parts and they sell a lot of parts, particularly forks. If I were to look for a partner to coordinate manufacturing and finalize design for a carbon bike part, Speeder would be part of the first outreach. However, they are primarily going to be more of a B2B type transaction while Tavelo appears to be investing quite a bit into the people and infrastructure to support consumers.

I have no idea if Speeder make their own bikes, their business arrangement with the factory or even if the frames and other parts come from the same factory. I THINK their new bike looks like an Adapt design and other than a bit more tire clearance and the bb86 spec looks pretty nice.