Author Topic: Dengfu Gravel R14?  (Read 374 times)

MovinMamba

Dengfu Gravel R14?
« on: April 05, 2024, 07:30:44 AM »
Hello citizens of Chinertown,

Have any of you bought, or heard of someone who bought or seen this frame? It's been around for a while and I haven't seen any pics of it on here.
http://dengfubikes.com/Cyclo_Cross/285.html

kbernstein

Re: Dengfu Gravel R14?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 01:25:11 PM »
Sorry to beat the dead horse, I don't have a problem with rear suspension on a gravel frame, why not... but 48mm tire clearance? Why would you do that? Making a gravel frame that leans closer to technical terrain is great but come on, I would expect AT LEAST 55mm

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 05:44:50 PM »
Yeah, that’s an odd choice…100mm travel is pretty extreme for gravel but I kind of like that….48C tire clearance though? Weird. I would definitely want to put 2.1s or maybe even larger on a bike that capable.

BruceJR

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 07:25:09 PM »
I'm interested in some of the new gravel bikes coming out with rear suspension.  like the Yishun G1055 that is similar to the Topstone but with better tire clearance. This amount 100mm seems to be overkill though.  Especially with the limited tire clearance.

Also, some of the geometry just doesn't seem to line up.  55mm BB drop is less than some hard tail MTB's.  It just seems like if you are clearly going for more of a drop bar mountain bike then the tire clearance and some of the geo numbers should be more aligned.