Author Topic: Yishun G1055-D Micro Suspension Adventure Gravel Bike  (Read 451 times)

BruceJR

Yishun G1055-D Micro Suspension Adventure Gravel Bike
« on: April 05, 2024, 07:58:43 PM »
This frame is very interesting to me.  I emailed Yishun and they said the samples won't even be ready for a few more months.  Pretty good Geo and tire clearance.  Only real negative is BB86.  I've asked to know if a threaded BB will be an option.  Maybe if more of us inquire they will roll it out sooner...

https://www.yishunbike.com/product/g1055-dadventure-gravel/#

jefflinde

Re: Yishun G1055-D Micro Suspension Adventure Gravel Bike
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 08:59:02 PM »
Have you received any pricing for this frame set?

BruceJR

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 11:55:10 PM »
No, they wouldn't quote me a price till it get's ready for release.

100poods

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 12:46:17 AM »
I emailed them in December about the G055 frame (they removed it from the site), here is the price of the version without stash and suspension.

«G1005: USD749/set (frame, fork, seat post, clamp, headset, handlebar with stem, 5mm 10mm spacers, a pair of skewers)
If you don't need integrated handlebar, exclude USD80.»

So this version will be more expensive than 759$ or they will make the regular version cheaper.

svanimpe

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 04:20:24 AM »
This frame has Cannondale-style "kingpin" rear suspension. However, from what I understand, that suspension only works because because it's paired with thin flexy chainstays.

However, the G1055-D seems to have beefy chainstays, that don't seem flexy at all. What are your thoughts on this type of suspension? Is it going to work, or is it just a gimmick?

BruceJR

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 02:35:12 PM »
This frame has Cannondale-style "kingpin" rear suspension. However, from what I understand, that suspension only works because because it's paired with thin flexy chainstays.

However, the G1055-D seems to have beefy chainstays, that don't seem flexy at all. What are your thoughts on this type of suspension? Is it going to work, or is it just a gimmick?

I do agree that chain stays are pretty beefy.  That said, this is just a render and we have no idea what the finished product will look like.  Not very many bikes have chain stays that are as beefy as those in this render.

Cannondale site has very little marketing claims on how the flex is created but several reviews I found online report that the flex is achieved more from the seat stays.  This makes sense as you probably would not want too much flex in the chain stays as this would rob you of power.

"According to Cannondale, the combination of the seat tube-mounted pivot and integrated flex zones in the seat stays, seat tube and rear section of the top tube provide active shock absorption at the saddle and rear axle." from granfondo mag.

If the Topstone had 50mm tire clearance I'd probably get one and try it out but 45mm is just not enough IMO.  I'd prefer 55mm but I guess that's not happening.