Other Resources > After The Ride

I'm not a Roadie but... New Giant flat bar disc bike looks really cool.

(1/2) > >>

Carbon_Dude:
As I continue to recover from my leg injury, I'm not sure how long it will be before I'm back on the trail flying down the bumpy downhill runs so I was thinking I would just ride my Chiners around the neighborhood for a while.  I even bought a set of flat pedals as my ankle doesn't twist so well for clipless pedals at the moment.

Then I was reading about the new Giant Flat Bar Disc bike.  A bit of a hybrid road/mountain bike.  Giant just came out with the 2015 model.  Carbon frame, disc brakes, flat bar.  For $1,750 you seem to get quite a bit for the money.  Maybe I need one of these to help speed my recovery :).

Check out some pics:

Andy:
Yep CD, it's a neat looking bike.  But why not just throw some slick Hybrid tires on your IP057, lock out your fork and save yourself about $1700?
Andy
IP036
LTK023

Carbon_Dude:
I know I can even just ride my IP-057 and just wear out the tires on the pavement, or put slicks on.  However, I have room in my garage and the number of bikes anyone should won is N+1 where N=the number of bikes your already have :).

When I get a chance I want to drive over to the Local Giant Dealer and check out the FastRoad CoMax 1 and just see how nice it rides.

Sitar_Ned:
I think it looks bad ass. I'd like to have something like that myself eventually but for $1,700 I'd probably just build a chiner hybrid. Simply because now that I know how and have the tools, I'd much rather pick mine out component by component and build it myself. Seriously, if I were to walk into a LBS and buy a bike I'd feel like I missed out on half the experience/fun. The build process is just as fun and satisfying to me as the actual riding.

But yeah.. really cool lines on that frame.

cmh:

--- Quote from: Carbon_Dude on February 03, 2015, 09:41:34 PM ---A bit of a hybrid road/mountain bike.

--- End quote ---

Hah, I was selling "hybrid" bikes when I worked in a bike shop in 1993. Or was it '92. :)

Still, that Giant is a damn fine looking bike. Sure looks a whole bunch better than the Schwinn Criss Cross we sold so much of back then:

Was a hell of a deal at $329 retail, nothing fancy but good, solid parts on a nice frame. Was surprised to see that the shop's cost was $289 and we'd often discount the bike and throw in the bottle/cage, that type of crap. No wonder bike shops don't make any damn money. Also, if I punched each person who said "for that much money, it'd better have a motor" I'd still be in prison.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version