Author Topic: Speeder Cycling SC-R55D  (Read 3687 times)

Tines

Re: Speeder Cycling SC-R55D
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2024, 08:20:46 AM »
Ah last time I’ve talked to him he said ready in September and he’ll let me know.
I’m currently riding a sc49d and a propel and thought about replacing the sc49d… hmhmhmh…
Interesting to hear about the custom paint. So that’s the matte carbon version then?

precision6625

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2024, 12:14:17 PM »
Interesting to hear about the custom paint. So that’s the matte carbon version then?

RTP is raw carbon*. Matte is usually a clear coat, at least. He also offered glossy (see SC-R52D thread for examples).

I might just ride it raw until spring, I'm pretty sure there isn't a risk of UV damaging the resin in that time frame.

*although apparently if you buy an S-Works SL8 RTP, it actually has a thin clear coat, which isn't actually "ready-to-paint", but rather just the lightest finish possible to satisfy weight weenies

Tines

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2024, 01:00:29 PM »
Yeah I have the 48D in glossy Raw. Looks great. Thanks :)

Hendie

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2024, 03:29:01 PM »
I built my SC-R55D last week.  In this configuration it comes in 7.05kg.  I could easily shave more grams off, but I am happy with the weight for now.  This morning was my first work out and the bike felt good under me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fbwVbHHrSzNUtRyG6

dsveddy

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2024, 04:53:13 PM »
I built my SC-R55D last week.  In this configuration it comes in 7.05kg.  I could easily shave more grams off, but I am happy with the weight for now.  This morning was my first work out and the bike felt good under me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fbwVbHHrSzNUtRyG6

Hey Hendie, super cool build, thank you for sharing! AFAIK you're the first person on the english-speaking internet to report building up one of these frames. I was wondering if you'd be willing to share some more info/photos with us, since there isn't a whole lot on Speeder's website. In particular, I'm interested in a head-on view of the fork + head-tube; Speeder's website doesn't have any photos from this angle, even though it's a really crucial area for aerodynamics. I'm also interested in some views of the surface. It looks like you have the matte black finish? Is it that the carbon is clear-coated over, or is it an opaque black paint that covers the carbon, as it appears on Speeder's website? Also, would you also be willing to share any info like build specs and/or frame and fork weights? 7.05kg is mega-lightweight for an aero-disc build, especially with those wheels; I'd be really interested to hear what went into your build.