Author Topic: 26" XC FS Frame?  (Read 2731 times)

davidd

26" XC FS Frame?
« on: February 09, 2015, 05:34:41 AM »
Now that I'm finished with my hardtail build and generally impressed with the Carbonal frame I have started thinking about my next project.  I know that later in the year, finances allowing, I'd like to put together a CX bike although it's unclear whether the frame I want is available or not.  In the meantime I was thinking of trying to replace my Ellsworth frame with a carbon one.  It weighs about 27lbs at the moment and that's with full XTR 970, XTR Wheels and mostly Thomson kit (Reba forks tho).

I'd need a relatively lightweight 26" frame with 135mm QR dropouts, convert XTR to single ring, replace shifter, derailleur, cassette and OneUp.

I guess I might also need a new shock.  The one I have is an RP23 200mm E2E.

Any thoughts, advice?

cmh

Re: 26" XC FS Frame?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 09:19:05 PM »
You don't mention what size you're looking for - if you are looking for a small, (which I'm guessing you're not if you have a 200mm shock) I might have something. My wife has a 26" Scott Spark frame that she hasn't ridden for the better part of two years, so I'm gonna get rid of it. Just started stripping the bike down to the frame tonight. It's surprisingly light.

Now if small ain't what you're looking for, I dunno. :)

davidd

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 03:26:48 PM »
Thanks cmh.  I'm looking for either a medium or large, more importantly an effective toptube length of around 600mm.

foamman1

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 07:15:47 PM »
cmh,
 I was looking to build a bike for my wife. I might be interested in a frame and fork combo if the price is right. Pm me.
L.T.

Eaglecoeye

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 10:26:49 PM »
Today I was trying to get information and content of this it fit.

cmh

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 09:28:23 AM »
cmh,
 I was looking to build a bike for my wife. I might be interested in a frame and fork combo if the price is right. Pm me.
L.T.

FWIW, Foamman1 - PM'd you a while back. Still have the frame if you're interested.