Author Topic: Aliexpress vs Seller website  (Read 1282 times)

BeR

Aliexpress vs Seller website
« on: July 06, 2024, 04:58:36 AM »
Would you recommend ordering the frames on Aliexpress or directly on the sellers' websites (BXT, Seraph, Tideace, SP-cycles)?

In the event of a problem or warranty, which platform do you think would provide the most protection?

Serge_K

Re: Aliexpress vs Seller website
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2024, 05:06:59 AM »
I order via email, that way you interact with a sales rep. If you ask 20 questions, back and forth, get an invoice and so on, it feels to me like you're more of a customer than via AliExpress
Caveat is pricing. AliExpress runs so many promo periods with so many codes that it may cost you less that way. They also subsidize/ have incredible shipping rates.
One of the questions I ask is always warranty. These companies typically offer 1 year. Via AliExpress things can get tricky past 60 days or so
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

BeR

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2024, 05:58:18 AM »
Most frames include a picture in the description with the warranty duration. It's the same duration but in the event of a dispute, I don't know if Aliexpress avoid being ghosted by the seller or supports the buyer.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2024, 06:22:12 AM »
Would you recommend ordering the frames on Aliexpress or directly on the sellers' websites (BXT, Seraph, Tideace, SP-cycles)?

In the event of a problem or warranty, which platform do you think would provide the most protection?

Don't expect Aliexpress to help you after about 14 days...
I had this happen with the warranty on my OG-Evkin frame. The seller pretended to be cooperative, for Ali this was enough. The seller lied to me for a couple of months, did not honour the warranty and Ali did nothing.

BeR

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2024, 06:28:51 AM »
Don't expect Aliexpress to help you after about 14 days...
I had this happen with the warranty on my OG-Evkin frame. The seller pretended to be cooperative, for Ali this was enough. The seller lied to me for a couple of months, did not honour the warranty and Ali did nothing.

Thanks. Do you think that it would different if you had ordered the frame from their website ?