Author Topic: Current XMIPlay shipping time to the USA?  (Read 9173 times)

Digi

Current XMIPlay shipping time to the USA?
« on: February 20, 2015, 03:20:34 PM »
Does anyone know the current shipping time from XMIPlay to the USA right now?  After my purchase from Peter, he is nonexistent.

Carbon_Dude

Re: Current XMIPlay shipping time to the USA?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »
The the West Coast ports all backed up, if you are looking for a package from Asia and it's coming into the California side, you might be waiting a while.  If your package is coming into New York, you might be okay.

Do you have a tracking number?  If so you can track your shipment through EMS and USPS.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

bdub

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 05:02:20 PM »
According to USPS the East Coast is really backed up due to the horrible weather they have been having. Basically either coast it could get delayed.

cmh

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 07:31:41 PM »
When I was ordering my fat bike rims from him he said this:

We will begin our 15-20 days Chinese New Year holiday from Feb 13th, and we don't ship new orders which are placed after Feb 2nd unless we have the items in stock

So it'll be a little while before you hear from him, but if you ordered before then, the bike should at least be in transit, I guess, but that's completely a guess.

Bonaks

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 07:53:31 PM »
My shipment will be a month already this coming Tuesday and the movement of my package from day 1 base on the  tracking no. provided by Peter was just 3hrs. to this day (posting to dispatch from sorting center - China), that's ALL. Yesterday, I went to my area post office and talked to the manager and maybe they have a different kind of system to track packages. But it's the same result. She said most likely it is still there - most definitely not stateside, coz it didn't even move that day it was posted. So, who knows IF I will still get it........been very patient about it - but I have to let it out already of my system. I have to register here and share it to you guys!

it's been looking like this situation before......very similar >:( >:(not good!

hi there,

i just registered to share my experience with xmiplay and peter.  Ordering process was fine, but when my item shipped, it simply disappeared.  Peter emailed me a picture of a tracking number, but after 3 weeks, it still has no tracking activity on the EMS or USPS sites.  Multiple emails since then to Peter have either gotten no response, or excuses that there must be a backlog at the shipping company.  In the original picture of my tracking number, there was another customers tracking number as well and it was delivered in under a week to the US.

There is another person in a similar boat that i've made contact with as well, however there item does have tracking activity but seems to have been lost between china and US customs.  That person has been waiting 4 weeks for Peter to take some sort of action but so far nothing.

These certainly don't appear to be common issues with XmiPlay but it is very frustrating.

I've ordered other frames and wheelsets from HongFu, LightBicycles and PedalForce.  You always expect a bit of work with the time and language difference, plus you are saving tons of money so it's often worth it, but this particular transaction has been a pain in the a**.  I'm currently working with Paypal to get my money refunded.

so....I am really hoping that there is really a big backlog due to weather.

Thanks so much to the Admin and members of this board - it's been very helpful!!!!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 07:59:11 PM by Bonaks »

Digi

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 11:44:58 PM »
I ordered my frame a couple days ago.  Peter just got back to me this evening and stated that it was in stock and that he would send it out after the Chinese Spring Festival, which is listed by him to be Feb 13th-27th.  What have times recently been???

I ordered some stuff from Flyxii last year and it got to me in an amazing 3-4 days.

Every time I order something, the process just seems so shady!

bigportions

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »
Im in same boat. My package from flxii has shown that it has export custom scans back in Dec but still no word on frame. Im in Portland, OR

Bonaks

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 11:33:59 AM »
I ordered my frame a couple days ago.  Peter just got back to me this evening and stated that it was in stock and that he would send it out after the Chinese Spring Festival, which is listed by him to be Feb 13th-27th.  What have times recently been???

I ordered some stuff from Flyxii last year and it got to me in an amazing 3-4 days.

Shady it is.....

Good for you Digi that Peter replied back to you! Because I emailed him twice this week and nothing, thinking maybe its the New Year there - but he emailed you back......hmmmmm WOW

my order history -

1st Week of December 2014 - IP256SL + other small parts for this built.
January 2015 - status delayed after 30 days, due to the big holiday that is coming - workers are quitting.
3rd week of January -  :o :o exactly 45 days, shipped with tracking no. provided -  ;D ;D ;D happy-happy!!! (didn't know that it will the opposite)
Today - 21Feb2015 - NADA!!!! No package from XMIPlay/Peter!!!!!! tommorow will be 1 month of  >:( >:( >:( this said package, and who knows where it is or was there really a package of sort or was just a shipping label!!!!

---- can I claim something through Paypal?

Im in same boat. My package from flxii has shown that it has export custom scans back in Dec but still no word on frame. Im in Portland, OR

thanks bigportions for posting - it's really frustrating right!

bdub

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 01:11:31 PM »

Shady it is.....

Good for you Digi that Peter replied back to you! Because I emailed him twice this week and nothing, thinking maybe its the New Year there - but he emailed you back......hmmmmm WOW

my order history -

1st Week of December 2014 - IP256SL + other small parts for this built.
January 2015 - status delayed after 30 days, due to the big holiday that is coming - workers are quitting.
3rd week of January -  :o :o exactly 45 days, shipped with tracking no. provided -  ;D ;D ;D happy-happy!!! (didn't know that it will the opposite)
Today - 21Feb2015 - NADA!!!! No package from XMIPlay/Peter!!!!!! tommorow will be 1 month of  >:( >:( >:( this said package, and who knows where it is or was there really a package of sort or was just a shipping label!!!!

---- can I claim something through Paypal?

thanks bigportions for posting - it's really frustrating right!

What does tracking say?

Bonaks

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 02:28:00 PM »
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 09:35:29 AM by Bonaks »

bdub

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 02:45:53 PM »
Sounds like it did probably leave XMI but maybe is still at the sort facility. You could try calling USPS and see if they can track it down for you.

bigportions

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 08:25:29 PM »
flyxii turning out to be very good with response although I think a language barrier may make it difficult at times, hard to know. I have been offered a refund if frame doesn't arrive after Chinese new year 27th feb and I will not hesitate to order from them again as I believe it is out of there hands when it comes to shipping

Bonaks

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 06:30:11 AM »
Sounds like it did probably leave XMI but maybe is still at the sort facility. You could try calling USPS and see if they can track it down for you.

thanks bdub! But the manager here at my post office said that they cannot do anything if the package is not stateside yet and should be EMS China.

flyxii turning out to be very good with response although I think a language barrier may make it difficult at times, hard to know. I have been offered a refund if frame doesn't arrive after Chinese new year 27th feb and I will not hesitate to order from them again as I believe it is out of there hands when it comes to shipping

Thanks so so much bigportions for posting it here and sharing  your updates!!!!!! GREAT news and excellent service for Flyxxii!!!! I would do the same buying from either sellers. I just hope XMIplay/Peter read this, and reply back me.

MTNRCKT

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 08:36:20 AM »
I know it sucks when you have to wait, and the process definitely seems shady at times, and the communication barrier certainly doesn't help, but in every instance I've seen thus far, the customer is always happy at the end. You will get your frame or your money. Period. Combine the Chinese new year (which is apparently a big deal) with the bad weather over here in the states slowing down UPS, and you just happened to order at a time that will take a bit longer.

It's just like anything else on the internet: The bad experiences are the ones that are voiced, but in reality, most orders go very smoothly, and are received by the customer within a week or two. But not always, and yes, communication should be better at times, but like I said, I've never seen the customer come out feeling dissatisfied when it was all said and done. I know that doesn't help your get you frame any sooner, but hopefully you'll see there's most likely nothing to worry about.

Bonaks

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2015, 09:38:42 AM »
Thanks MTNRCKT - you are right!!!!

the package is stateside :o :o, lucky & hopefully I get it by the weekend! I will keep you guys updated how's the condition of a a month long of shipment.....