Author Topic: Yuanan Carbon fiber wheelsets middle year discount promotion  (Read 5099 times)

kubackje

Re: Yuanan Carbon fiber wheelsets middle year discount promotion
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2024, 03:48:10 AM »
Obviously same here.
I paid with PayPal fee, but I doubt it'll help, PayPal is famous for not stepping in.
Haven't heard back from Cassie (new sales contact) either.

I just wrote and email to yuanan. He was using their email and stuff so he was a representative. I hope they will try to resolve it but yeah... That's hope. And I think it will end with just hope :/

Fatbonzo

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2024, 03:54:46 AM »
On WeChat he said he didn't scam us. Let's wait.

PeterXu

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2024, 03:57:18 AM »
Fuckin hell it's not looking good. My first contacts with Leon was on official yuanan email sales@yuananbike.com. he contacted me after I've used the form on their website. I've ordered wheels and all was good. If he had access to the email and messages he clearly was with them.

But now there is a problem because I've ordered a new pair of wheels on 27.07.2024 with carbon spokes etc. and since then Leon was ghosting me and after few weeks replied that factory informed me they don't have those carbon spokes and need to outsource then bla bla bla. I demanded refund and he basically disappeared after promising it will be done this week.

What's most stupid from me side is that I've chose the option "friends and family" on Paypal and now basically I think I may just lost 800$
Normally their company should pay you back the money, since he was authorized to use their company official email, I think no company wants to get bad reputation like that. Hope you can get your money back soon.

kubackje

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2024, 03:58:37 AM »
On WeChat he said he didn't scam us. Let's wait.

He is unresponsive on WhatsApp since few weeks and is not responding at all to my messages since over a week. And the message that the wheel production is delayed because a factory does not have carbon spokes and have to outsource them... Really ? A huge factory in China can't get carbon spokes? I don't buy it.

kubackje

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2024, 05:30:43 AM »
I've just got a reply from Cassie:

"Hi Jakub,
Sorry to cause you inconvenience.

We are solving this problem already ,before you asked . Will let you know soon .Today or tomorrow .

Thank you .

Best regards

CassieQin
General manager  "

Fatbonzo

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2024, 06:34:02 AM »
So Leon answered me after our first messages here today.

Let's see and wait, that's at least a sign, that they're working on it. Cassie didn't get back to me as for now.

kubackje

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2024, 06:36:53 AM »
So Leon answered me after our first messages here today.

Let's see and wait, that's at least a sign, that they're working on it. Cassie didn't get back to me as for now.

I've used the official contact form on the website and got an answer on email. Now there is a hope they will resolve the issue. That is extremely irresponsible towards yuanan brand what Leon has done last few weeks.

coffeebreak

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2024, 06:53:01 AM »
Was there any incentive to buying from Leon instead of brand stores on Aliexpress? In my case I was quoted $495 + fees shipped for 50mm deep 1490~ grams rim brake wheelset.
On Aliexpress, if you time your purchase right you can score Elitewheels Edge 1290-1300 grams 50mm deep wheels for 500 ish (using coupons) and you get at least some customer support + in the worst case PayPal backup.

kubackje

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2024, 07:05:10 AM »
Was there any incentive to buying from Leon instead of brand stores on Aliexpress? In my case I was quoted $495 + fees shipped for 50mm deep 1490~ grams rim brake wheelset.
On Aliexpress, if you time your purchase right you can score Elitewheels Edge 1290-1300 grams 50mm deep wheels for 500 ish (using coupons) and you get at least some customer support + in the worst case PayPal backup.

Yes, full customization. For gravel wheels last year I chose 35 deep 25iw rims with 36t ratchet with Pilar 1420 spokes under 500$ which was the best choice imo then. For now I wanted the new wide UNI rims 32 outside and 23 inside with carbon spokes. The only real alternative in this price point is Magene Exar Black, but still narrower outside width and 200$ more. Now when I will get my money back I'm ordering the Magenes from AliExpress on 11.11 and don't wanna deal with those direct factory orders anymore.

highwind

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2024, 07:45:13 AM »

For me there definitely was (better pricing and better/more options…)

I was quoted $475 (shipping/tax included) for a 44mm deep / 31 (outer) wide wheelset with RD13 XDR hub and Pillar AERO1423. Total weight was said to be 1480g (+/- 30).
Aliexpress didnt even come close - either much more expensive or slightly more expensive for higher weight and non-ratchet hubs.
Also Leon / Yuanan had several positive feedbacks on chinertown and reddit.

And Paypal „backup“ is usually a complete joke anyways - you are better of paying with CC and doing a chargeback when things go bad.

coffeebreak

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2024, 10:03:57 AM »
I used to sell a lot on eBay prior (still do occasionally) and have found out that PayPal will, in most cases, side with the buyer if a dispute was raised.

PANW

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2024, 10:37:13 AM »
This is a reply to the thread in general.

I placed an order about 10 days ago after communicating with Kelly Wen, her email signature lists her as the “ODM Sales Manager”. She reached out after I contacted them directly through their website.

Everything went smoothly with ordering a custom wheelset, she was very responsive to all of my questions, but after reading the updates in this thread I’m a bit worried.

I reached out to Kelly this morning about a status update for my wheels. Hopefully I’ll hear back from her this evening/tonight when she’s back in the office. I’m in Florida, USA so there’s a significant time difference.

diligences

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2024, 12:31:08 PM »
Kind of worried now that I ordered through Leon on Aug 14 via WhatsApp, PayPal G+S. Communication is dreadful. Worst case PayPal dispute or credit card chargeback in the next few days if I don't hear back. If we all follow suit PayPal will have clear signals that Yuanan account is a scam.

PLA

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2024, 01:08:04 PM »
If your money hasn't been refunded yet, don't wait around for a Chinese company to refund your money. My experience is that some the most reputable Chinese companies may still try rip you off if given the opportunity, even if you have an established business relationship with them.

Anyone who paid by PayPal G+S, put in a dispute asap, anyone who paid by credit card, put in a chargeback asap, anyone who paid by PayPal F+F, better start praying to Allah.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

ChinerStevie

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2024, 03:05:42 PM »
I recently got a tracking number from Leon. Are you sure that fuss is worth it?