Author Topic: Yuanan Carbon fiber wheelsets middle year discount promotion  (Read 5068 times)

Serge_K

Re: Yuanan Carbon fiber wheelsets middle year discount promotion
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2024, 05:51:50 AM »
It's a pity, i really enjoyed getting custom build quotes from him via whatsapp, was both helpful and practical. And prices were good too. He's been ghosting me for weeks, even though he's still using whatsapp.
Do we have an alternative Yuanan contact to interact with on whatsapp or wechat?
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

ChinerStevie

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2024, 06:06:33 AM »
I can somewhat side with both factions.
Situation is a little weird. Also their contact mail now changed to @yuananbike.com.
When I paid to Leon via Paypal Invoice the bill address was @xmcarbon.cn (cassieqin@xmcarbon.cn).
But since this is same Cassie you guys still talk about everything (despite communication after sell) looks still fine to me.
Can't await receiving them tomorrow or monday. Other guys ordering around my date received today.

rasch

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2024, 06:33:18 AM »
It's a pity, i really enjoyed getting custom build quotes from him via whatsapp, was both helpful and practical. And prices were good too. He's been ghosting me for weeks, even though he's still using whatsapp.
Do we have an alternative Yuanan contact to interact with on whatsapp or wechat?

You just need to open the website and you'll see cassie's whatsapp :)

Mate I was trying to resolve this issue outside a forum for some time now. Didn't want to spread any panic on the forum and make accusations prematurely. But when others started posting they have problems I couldn't act like nothing happened, because I was the one who introduced Leon to this forum, you probably don't know that and it's fine.

And by my talks with Cassie they where already knowing that Leon made a mess before I even contacted them. So they also  decided and saw that what he did is NOT normal and acted. But yeah some random dudes on the forum try to convince others that it's perfectly normal and that Chinese sellers are one big mess... No they're not and can't be if they wanna deal with western customers.

I get it! That's why I'm saying that there is a lot of fuzz in a short time. Cassie/Yuanan are already on it.
 Leon is/was/whatever a sales contact point from them. He was a nice guy, responsive and his reputation was there. If he left the company and for some reason he was using his personal whatsapp, now that he left, he might be flooded with messages he doesn't even care.

Every now and then I get messages and request from clients from the company I was previously working on (via social media channels) which I either ignore or just tell them to contact the company.

It's not nice of course and all this could be improved with better communication or just simply using functional mailboxes (but those also have their quircks).

I suggest we keep the trust with Yuanan at least till proof of opposite. As regards Leon himself, up to him to decide if he wants to come to the forum or not and say from his words something.

ChinerStevie

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2024, 06:42:25 AM »
I suggest we keep the trust with Yuanan at least till proof of opposite. As regards Leon himself, up to him to decide if he wants to come to the forum or not and say from his words something.

I did suggest this to him two hours ago.
But anyhow, if he changed company, he can start selling under new name like Nuck Chorris.

kubackje

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2024, 08:42:50 AM »
I did suggest this to him two hours ago.
But anyhow, if he changed company, he can start selling under new name like Nuck Chorris.

I doubt Leon even exists as a real person lol

ChinerStevie

« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2024, 08:51:59 AM »
I doubt Leon even exists as a real person lol

Actually I don't care the least as long as anything goes out fine.
When you reach out to Amazon support or similar it will also show names that aren't the actual contact person's name.

PLA

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2024, 11:45:30 AM »
I've ordered from Farsports for about 10 years, never had a problem. Never even paid in full until the product was ready to ship. There have been a couple of delays always fully and properly communicated and given the option for a refund in one case because the delay was significant. Bought a whole bunch of Chinese frames from different manufacturers for testing for a disabled cycling team that my company sponsors. Same thing, never had an issue like this but we had fully communicated updates and delays if any. Personally I'm onto my 4th Chinese frame and never had any thing like this.

It's not normal, it's unacceptable, do not defend this behaviour, anyone who is trying to say this is normal is probably just some child behind a keyboard with experience extending only to their alloy Triban.

Fatbonzo

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2024, 12:19:07 AM »
Received my wheelset.
For sure there communication was bad, but at the end we just got stressed, because the single point of contact left the company.

PLA

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2024, 12:44:02 AM »
Leon: The Unprofessional

pavlo.k

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2024, 01:54:00 AM »
I've bought 3 wheelsets from "Leon" and never had a problem. My 4th purchase didn't go very smoothly though(I received a different finish than ordered) and when I tried to find some solution, Leon just ghosted me. Reading messages but never responds.
So you get your typical Chinese after-sales support with this company which is unfortunate because the wheels themselves are great.

highwind

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2024, 04:32:15 AM »
yeah seems like the whole ordeal with Leon didn’t end too well. Hasn’t actually placed orders.
I wonder if he just didn’t do that or whether he also funneled the payments.

Anyways, let’s see how this goes on.

Cannot confirm this:

I contacted Leon via company email (sales@yuananbike.com) and finally ordered on 30th of July and, altough I told him I got some issue with my Paypal and probably wont be able to pay before the end of the week (1st / 2nd August), he nevertheless said he placed that order because his discount promotion ended 31th July (and according to him the pricing would have changed if he waited).
For Paypal payment he told me to use "xiamenyuanan@foxmail.com" (which is the same adress as on their website https://www.yuananbike.com/delivery/payment) and that I can use F&F friends option or have to add some % if I use regular payment.
I finally payed on 1st of August using the F&F option.

On 22th of August I asked him (using "reply" on the same company email we used for communication before) about the status of my order.
He replied within a day or two, telling me that it is still in production but not giving any ETA or further information (which was fine for me as I dont expect a chinese OEM to do any carebaby-customer-service or be espacially tight on single-order delivering times)

Yesterday -after reading in this thread that Leon probably left the company- I contacted Yuanan through their contact form on their website, asking about the status of my order number.
Today I got this reply (from marketing@yuanbike.com):
Hello highwind,
This is Kelly from Yuan an bike. Leon has left our company .
Your goods have been sent out on Aug, 30th.
The tracking number is 123456789YXZ
Here's tracking link :  https://t.17track.net/en#nums=whatever
Thanks&Best Regards
Kelly Lee  (ODM SALES MANAGER)

Tracking is working and says it just arrived in Germany today with DPD being the carrier (which is also what Leon and I agreed upon while ordering).
So 10/10 for Leons and Yuanans credibility from my side.

I did order mine on 24th of July, then it was produced by 15th of August then a long time no messages from Leon even on request. Shippping confirmation I got on 30th August seeing it's been shipped on 25th, now awaiting delivery.
Maybe tomorrow.
YAG45-04 UNI or something like that. Guess we two texted on mydealz too on the Campagnolo thread.

Ah, I see - "Servus and danke für die Info!" ;)
With my order being placed some days after yours and then also arriving some days after yours, their production lead times seem very constant - which is good to know for the future.

Also shit that u r writing and agreeing on just shows how low standard person u are, don't expect it from others. Justifying lying, horrible customer service and "scam looking" practices only helps those who wanna represent low standards. No one is expecting babysitting customer service here u are talking bullshit.

You seem to confuse me justifying stuff with me naming facts  ::)

But hey, its not my unrealistic expactations shattered, but those of you "wannabe-high-standard"-fantasizer... and if alternating between rage, denial and insulting / calling me names makes facing reality more bearable for you, then be it.
At the end of the day my expectations (as the low standard person you call me) got me a nice carbon wheelset for less than 500 bucks while your expectations (as whatever you tell yourself you are) got you nothing but some hassle, wasted time and effort :-*
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 04:44:45 AM by highwind »

kubackje

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2024, 05:16:10 AM »
Cannot confirm this:

I contacted Leon via company email (sales@yuananbike.com) and finally ordered on 30th of July and, altough I told him I got some issue with my Paypal and probably wont be able to pay before the end of the week (1st / 2nd August), he nevertheless said he placed that order because his discount promotion ended 31th July (and according to him the pricing would have changed if he waited).
For Paypal payment he told me to use "xiamenyuanan@foxmail.com" (which is the same adress as on their website https://www.yuananbike.com/delivery/payment) and that I can use F&F friends option or have to add some % if I use regular payment.
I finally payed on 1st of August using the F&F option.

On 22th of August I asked him (using "reply" on the same company email we used for communication before) about the status of my order.
He replied within a day or two, telling me that it is still in production but not giving any ETA or further information (which was fine for me as I dont expect a chinese OEM to do any carebaby-customer-service or be espacially tight on single-order delivering times)

Yesterday -after reading in this thread that Leon probably left the company- I contacted Yuanan through their contact form on their website, asking about the status of my order number.
Today I got this reply (from marketing@yuanbike.com):
Hello highwind,
This is Kelly from Yuan an bike. Leon has left our company .
Your goods have been sent out on Aug, 30th.
The tracking number is 123456789YXZ
Here's tracking link :  https://t.17track.net/en#nums=whatever
Thanks&Best Regards
Kelly Lee  (ODM SALES MANAGER)

Tracking is working and says it just arrived in Germany today with DPD being the carrier (which is also what Leon and I agreed upon while ordering).
So 10/10 for Leons and Yuanans credibility from my side.

Ah, I see - "Servus and danke für die Info!" ;)
With my order being placed some days after yours and then also arriving some days after yours, their production lead times seem very constant - which is good to know for the future.

You seem to confuse me justifying stuff with me naming facts  ::)

But hey, its not my unrealistic expactations shattered, but those of you "wannabe-high-standard"-fantasizer... and if alternating between rage, denial and insulting / calling me names makes facing reality more bearable for you, then be it.
At the end of the day my expectations (as the low standard person you call me) got me a nice carbon wheelset for less than 500 bucks while your expectations (as whatever you tell yourself you are) got you nothing but some hassle, wasted time and effort :-*

Cool story bro, but only waste of time is replying to you so I'll do it last time. You are new here and new to Chinese market. I've made few orders from Leon in the past and communication and delivery time was always fast. But things changed recently which raised questions which where valid as others had similar problem. The fact that u agree to be treated badly and have low expectations does not mean everyone want the same. Many respected users and sellers here have higher standard. And this was the standard offered by Leon in the past and this is what we naturally expect. If suddenly for some reasons things change and standards lower to "your level", some people including me don't accept it.
In life, sports, business changes for worse are not well welcomed, at least for some people . You may not understand it, but you have to swallow it :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 05:19:51 AM by kubackje »

Takiyaki

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2024, 07:12:07 AM »
I think highwind is trying to normalize bad customer service to convince himself that things will work out in the end. I agree that bad customer service is unacceptable, even with the Chinese. I've never had a bad experience w/a bunch of vendors. So I will probably chill with Yuan An for now and go elsewhere. There are enough stand up vendors to not deal with nonsense. Even my recent custom Tan Tan order went without a hitch. I think they got slammed during COVID but are now back at capacity.

ChinerStevie

« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2024, 08:00:00 AM »
Mine did arrive today. Looking fine so far, but didn't test anything yet.

Jet the Panda

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2024, 09:49:52 AM »
I've been looking at ordering from Yuan An, but wasn't able to find a rim that I was really interested in.
I'm looking for 50-60mm deep and 30-32mm wide. For road use, I'd like a wider rim to run 32mm tires on. Lightbicycle seems to have some nice suitable options!