Author Topic: Chinese Carbon 29er Pic Thread.  (Read 263040 times)

KidLoco46

Re: Chinese Carbon 29er Pic Thread.
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2023, 10:09:00 AM »
I would really advise against getting anything from OG-Evkin. I have a cracked BB (after only 500km) so I asked about warranty and the seller (OG-Evkin Official Store) is very uncooperative.
It has been going on for more than a month now but is is just a series of false promises and long silences from their side. Very frustrating They have been promising a new frame for weeks but nothing concrete... I have mails Aliexpress customer service 2 times and it looks like they are a little more prone to answering the days after that.
The latest communication was last week and they said it would be shipped this week (they have been saying that for weeks. I will have to pay for shipping). They have not been answering messages since then so I am not getting my hopes up. If things would change I will keep you updated.

Thanks, good to know. Luckily I couldn't find the 052 in large anywhere so the search goes on.

ldavies

« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2023, 04:46:10 PM »
I would really advise against getting anything from OG-Evkin. I have a cracked BB (after only 500km) so I asked about warranty and the seller (OG-Evkin Official Store) is very uncooperative.
It has been going on for more than a month now but is is just a series of false promises and long silences from their side. Very frustrating They have been promising a new frame for weeks but nothing concrete... I have mails Aliexpress customer service 2 times and it looks like they are a little more prone to answering the days after that.
The latest communication was last week and they said it would be shipped this week (they have been saying that for weeks. I will have to pay for shipping). They have not been answering messages since then so I am not getting my hopes up. If things would change I will keep you updated.
Presumably you paid aliexpress with your credit card so I would reach out to your credit card company either by calling them or disputing the charge.

Arno Knell

« Reply #287 on: September 30, 2023, 10:06:57 AM »
Carbonda FM909
9.4kg including pedals

Branco

« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2023, 03:52:02 PM »

Lexon Flyer: 98% parts directly imported from China.

dabliuagaeme

« Reply #289 on: November 22, 2023, 01:15:47 PM »
Lexon Myst Pró from Brasil

StefanB

« Reply #290 on: December 02, 2023, 12:28:52 AM »
There has been some bikes built. Me, my wife and my son has been  upgraded quite a few times. ;D During the pandemic it was easy to sell a used bike so I could build a bike, ride it for a couple of months and sell it for component costs. Now things have changed, its very hard to sell a home built bike so I have  to many bikes and therefore no space for more builds  >:(

But I am looking forward to the new LCFS948 frame, moste likely  I can not resist to build one.

Boybiskit

« Reply #291 on: December 05, 2023, 01:16:37 PM »
There has been some bikes built. Me, my wife and my son has been  upgraded quite a few times. ;D During the pandemic it was easy to sell a used bike so I could build a bike, ride it for a couple of months and sell it for component costs. Now things have changed, its very hard to sell a home built bike so I have  to many bikes and therefore no space for more builds  >:(

But I am looking forward to the new LCFS948 frame, moste likely  I can not resist to build one.

Some great bikes StefanB. I have not built as many bikes as you, but I'm always thinking about the next one! I find researching and building these Chinese frames much more interesting than just buying a mainstream brand.

It looks like you have some beautiful trails and scenery too! Where do you live?

StefanB

« Reply #292 on: December 10, 2023, 01:56:52 PM »

Yes it is always tempting to built another bike. What I really would like and that would suit med is a light 140 mm rear travel 150 mm front travel bike that can take a long dropperpost.  But thats not easy to find. I have a Cannondale Habi 1 thats kind of like that but with a little "old school" geometry.

I also have a Commencal Meta TR29 V4 with 140 mm rear travel but its morae like a fast endurobike, I would like something more playful.

The LCFS958 was a lot of what i´m looking for in a bike so I hope they will come with something updated, similar from Light carbon.

I live in the southwest of Sweden but I come fron the North of Sweden and we have nice MTB riding at both places.

Brombras

« Reply #293 on: December 13, 2023, 03:57:44 AM »
Stefan: which frame type is the blue one?

StefanB

« Reply #294 on: December 17, 2023, 05:32:05 AM »
there are three blue frames.

LSCF918

LCFS958

LCFS947

/Stefan

AzureEssence

« Reply #295 on: December 26, 2023, 11:36:53 AM »
there are three blue frames.

Of all the frames you've built up, which would you say represent the best value for money?

AzureEssence

« Reply #296 on: December 26, 2023, 11:46:22 AM »

Also, which frame is this? Thank you!

mirphak

« Reply #297 on: December 26, 2023, 02:04:57 PM »
My Lexon Riot

GFP

« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2024, 06:03:54 AM »
LightCarbon LC918 from Italy

dan_cx

« Reply #299 on: January 24, 2024, 06:32:55 PM »
My "I can't ride because my foot is broken" build from 2022. Carbonda FM936, size Large. Full SRAM 12-speed GX mechanical groupset, Absolute Black Bash Taco with generic ISCG05 BB cup adaptor, RockShox Nude 165x40 with 3 position lockout 100mm travel, RockShox RS-1 fork 120mm travel, SRAM Rise60 carbon wheels with WTB Ranger tires, RockShox Reverb dropper 150mm, SRAM Guide Ultimate brakes with HS-2 rotors, Truvativ Black Box carbon bars, ZIPP 60mm 6º stem.

The fork has since been changed to a RockShox SID Select+ with a 3-position lockout to match the rear shock, GX mechanical has been swapped for GX AXS, and the SRAM Rise60 carbon hoops have been changed to a set of RaceFace AR27 wheels. It's my loaner/guest bike now, so the carbon wheels can go back on the shelf and the AXS lets me just "set & forget" it, so I don't have to deal with adjustments when someone borrows the bike.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 06:36:42 PM by dan_cx »
SRAM Neutral Race Support Mechanic