Author Topic: No6 wheels  (Read 3302 times)

James dean

No6 wheels
« on: August 17, 2024, 08:48:05 PM »
Hey all.

Anyone here familiar with no6 wheels. Looks like carports wheels to me. Curious what others think?

toxin

Re: No6 wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2024, 05:35:11 AM »
Yes it's just a rebrand of off the shelf farsports parts for double the price. Internal on the front is too wide for road and will cause a number of problems. I don't see what there is to talk about. Farsports wheels have been discussed to death on weightweenies and for this price it's a waste of money.

James dean

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2024, 07:50:09 AM »
That’s exactly what I thought. Thank you

Takiyaki

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2024, 12:57:22 PM »
Yes it's just a rebrand of off the shelf farsports parts for double the price. Internal on the front is too wide for road and will cause a number of problems. I don't see what there is to talk about. Farsports wheels have been discussed to death on weightweenies and for this price it's a waste of money.
Which parts? I can't find those 34mm wide wheels for Farsports anywhere.

coffeebreak

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2024, 01:48:32 PM »
Also this is a different forum.

Just because it was on ww doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed here again.

At this point, all the Chiner town "experts" = WW and YouTube comments section scrapers with second hand hearsay accounts. Without any explanation or actual experience with the products/frames they are taking a dump on.

kubackje

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2024, 01:51:36 PM »
Who said it can't be discussed here ?' can see anything like that mate.

kubackje

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2024, 01:53:00 PM »
Which parts? I can't find those 34mm wide wheels for Farsports anywhere.

Because it's a gravel rim fs30/34G

coffeebreak

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2024, 03:02:35 PM »
Who said it can't be discussed here ?' can see anything like that mate.

I had to double check if we are in same thread still. Are you saying that in a thread with 7 replies, you can't see a comment that says there is nothing to talk about as it has been discussed already on WW?

toxin

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2024, 09:13:02 PM »
Because it's a bigger knowledge base, including ppl who actually own the product. If you have any questions, chances are, that thread has answered them five times over and if it hasn't, those users are certainly more likely to give you correct information.

kubackje

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2024, 12:17:40 AM »
I had to double check if we are in same thread still. Are you saying that in a thread with 7 replies, you can't see a comment that says there is nothing to talk about as it has been discussed already on WW?

I think you need a coffebreak mate, no one bans you from talking about it, toxin just expressed his view on it. He mentioned that it has a huge thread on WW. it's over 200 pages so it's the best source of knowledge about farsports wheels. I think you won't find a better source then this one. If anyone wants to know anything about farsports should really have a first look there.
It's hard to beat 200 pages of discussion so I gotta agree with toxin that there is not much to add. But if you have those wheels and want to share your experience also here it would be nice :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 12:20:17 AM by kubackje »

kubackje

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2024, 12:18:49 AM »
Double post

Serge_K

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2024, 03:47:15 AM »
https://www.no6.works/products/4550?VariantsId=10036
Hadnt heard of them.
I have pretty much the opposite widths on my bike, w wheels from Peter from Carbonspeed (on the forum). Wide in the front and very wide in the rear. And mine are 55-60mm deep.
If i were to order again i'd get the 34mm width front and back, because that way you can run 30 or 32C and you know the rim will be (a bit) wider, which should be aero optimized. My ContiGP5000 32C on the 34mm wide at the rear measures 33.5mm, it's pretty awesome. On bad mountain roads, i motor through most things. In the front i'm running 30C, and if i put 32C on that rim, i'd get a bit of a lightbulb effect. When i ordered i didnt have the courage to put a 34mm rim in front, i thought it was too much. Mistake on my part.
My current setup is by far the fastest bike i've been on, and i'm faster on the flat than everybody i ride with, very noticeably, including sworks, scotts, cannondale and so on. So ultimately my equipment choices have worked.
i'm 81-85kg, so for road cycling purposes, i'm a unit. My zone 2 is ~35kmh, so aero does matter. in fact i'm on a bike where the whole "it holds its speed well" fluff makes sense. you can feel the bike is just there when going at 15kmh, but at 30kmh+, it feels fun to go vroom vroom, you dont feel like you're pushing against an invisible wall, the bike slips through and it feels super nice. Or rather me on the bike slips through, as it's obviously mostly about my position on the bike. Can't go 40kmh in Z2 sitting up like a sail.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

BeR

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2024, 06:28:45 AM »
Hadnt heard of them.
I have pretty much the opposite widths on my bike, w wheels from Peter from Carbonspeed (on the forum). Wide in the front and very wide in the rear. And mine are 55-60mm deep.
If i were to order again i'd get the 34mm width front and back, because that way you can run 30 or 32C and you know the rim will be (a bit) wider, which should be aero optimized. My ContiGP5000 32C on the 34mm wide at the rear measures 33.5mm, it's pretty awesome. On bad mountain roads, i motor through most things. In the front i'm running 30C, and if i put 32C on that rim, i'd get a bit of a lightbulb effect. When i ordered i didnt have the courage to put a 34mm rim in front, i thought it was too much. Mistake on my part.
My current setup is by far the fastest bike i've been on, and i'm faster on the flat than everybody i ride with, very noticeably, including sworks, scotts, cannondale and so on. So ultimately my equipment choices have worked.
i'm 81-85kg, so for road cycling purposes, i'm a unit. My zone 2 is ~35kmh, so aero does matter. in fact i'm on a bike where the whole "it holds its speed well" fluff makes sense. you can feel the bike is just there when going at 15kmh, but at 30kmh+, it feels fun to go vroom vroom, you dont feel like you're pushing against an invisible wall, the bike slips through and it feels super nice. Or rather me on the bike slips through, as it's obviously mostly about my position on the bike. Can't go 40kmh in Z2 sitting up like a sail.

Off topic but do You have an idea of your power at 35 km/h on flat road ?

James dean

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2024, 09:13:41 AM »
Hadnt heard of them.

Interesting take. I’m just a bit hesitant about how wide the front rim is. Seems like a better gravel rim then road

toxin

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2024, 09:52:23 AM »
It straight up is a gravel rim. It's from Farports' gravel line