Author Topic: VeloBuild VB-TT-023  (Read 3879 times)

NikkoPh

VeloBuild VB-TT-023
« on: August 20, 2024, 03:51:14 PM »
Hello all,

Just finish building my TT bike from Velobuild, its a VB-TT-023. The frame came in from china to the US within a week after shipping, total waiting time i think was around 3 weeks.
Very well packaged and includes tons of extra hardware.
The build has the following components

SRAM Red 1X 50T
SRAM Force D2 172.5mm crankarm
Assioma Favero single power meter
SRAM Force D1 Rear Derailleur
Kogel Aero oversize pulley
SRAM Flattop chain
SRAM Force 10-33T casette
SRAM S900 Aero HRD Levers and Calipers
SRAM Wireless Blips
ISM PS 1.0 Saddle
Hyper D65 Wheels
Pirelli Pzero TLR 700x28c
Elite Aero bottles and cages

raisinberry777

Re: VeloBuild VB-TT-023
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 04:19:29 PM »
So neat, so clean

BeR

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 11:46:21 PM »
Nice build. How does it ride ?

Lotnik

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2024, 07:55:30 AM »
Nice one! Did you weighted it? Could you post some detailed pictures of the cockpit? Was it easy to find good position?

Hmpf

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2024, 08:21:43 AM »
What happened to the cover on the seat tube? Does it not fit?

Serge_K

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2024, 09:16:40 AM »
very nice.
can you please post 1000 pictures on the front end of the bike? i'm curious about how it works, how adjustable it is, whether it's well made and so on, because if you can't adjust that correctly, you can't get comfortable on the bike and it defeats the purpose.
the VB website has very little information about the front end.
Thanks!
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

NikkoPh

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2024, 10:30:35 AM »
Nice build. How does it ride ?

This is my first TT bike, i was very uncomfortable at first so i had to always stop and adjust my position. Ill get you a proper feedback as soon as i get dialed in.

NikkoPh

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2024, 10:34:09 AM »
Nice one! Did you weighted it? Could you post some detailed pictures of the cockpit? Was it easy to find good position?

It is at 20.75lbs with everything you see in the pictures on my first post. The cockpit has a decent amount of adjustability, i believe the extensions are a copy of metron tfa armrest, ill take more detailed pictures of the cockpit and its adjustability.

NikkoPh

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2024, 10:35:13 AM »
What happened to the cover on the seat tube? Does it not fit?

I had to adjust my seat when i did my shakedown, it does fit but i just didnt put it properly when i took the pictures

NikkoPh

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2024, 10:37:09 AM »
very nice.
can you please post 1000 pictures on the front end of the bike? i'm curious about how it works, how adjustable it is, whether it's well made and so on, because if you can't adjust that correctly, you can't get comfortable on the bike and it defeats the purpose.
the VB website has very little information about the front end.
Thanks!

Ill get you more detailed pictures soon and its adjustability. The cockpit came with 3 spacers, a 5mm, 10mm and 20mm. The bridge can be flip and has more than 20 mounting holes, it looks similar to the one in aliexpress when you search for tt bars.

mattgolt

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2024, 12:36:14 PM »
Superb build and sooo clean! Love seeing tt builds on this forum more and more. I'm also thinking about building a tt bike during next winter, and I'm thinking the tantan tt912 or velobuild vb-r-023. I'd be super grateful if you post more pictures. Especially details on the mounting points. Can the frame hold a bento box? Or does it have other storage means for nutrition? Alsooo, can you mount a front hydration system to the stem? Sorry for the spam, I'm just getting a bit excited for this frame

« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 12:52:14 PM by mattgolt »

NikkoPh

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2024, 04:46:25 PM »
Here are some pictures of the cockpit, it has a decent amount of adjustability in my opinion. Unfortunately there are mounting holes on the top tube for extra hydration or bento box, maybe this can be added in the future.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 04:49:37 PM by NikkoPh »

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2024, 03:00:20 AM »
Have actually just pulled the trigger on ordering a VB-TT-23 too for a cheap Disc Brake TT build but is yet to arrive. Frameset looked decent but only concern (not even concern, just my petty-ness) is the Basebar and the exposed bolts on the underside.  My frameset is yet to arrive but thinking of getting some other basebars to address the aforementioned issue.
Don't suppose you could measure the width of the stem clamping section could you please?
Thanks

NikkoPh

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2024, 09:06:13 AM »
Have actually just pulled the trigger on ordering a VB-TT-23 too for a cheap Disc Brake TT build but is yet to arrive. Frameset looked decent but only concern (not even concern, just my petty-ness) is the Basebar and the exposed bolts on the underside.  My frameset is yet to arrive but thinking of getting some other basebars to address the aforementioned issue.
Don't suppose you could measure the width of the stem clamping section could you please?
Thanks

I actually ordered a tririg alpha one to replace mt basebar and extensions. I have a few measurements i did before ordering it, see attached pictures. Let me know if you need any other measurements.

fluffycustard

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2024, 02:43:48 PM »
I also ordered this frame a few weeks ago, still waiting for it to arrive. I also asked them to add some bento box rivets to the top tube which they said yes to, so that's an option.

Is there any way of routing di2 cables down the extensions? I was assuming that there was an exit hole somewhere at the bottom of the extensions but I cant see one