Author Topic: No response after purchase at xmiplay via peter  (Read 6777 times)

Ahija

No response after purchase at xmiplay via peter
« on: March 07, 2015, 05:20:00 AM »
Hello friends,

I bought a frame a week ago, paid by paypal and even got an immediate response from peter saying that he got the money and attached I'd find the shipping invoice which will be added to the package.
He told me he would send the frame by monday, the first day after there chinese new year vacation.

That was totally fine with me - problem is, I don't get a response since then.
I didn't get information about the frame being sent to me nor did I get a tracking number for the package.
I did have a really good feeling about peter and since I read a lot of good reviews about xmiplay and peter in person I thought it was a sure thing to order my frame there, but now I am a little concerned.

Did anyone of you get a response within the last week from peter ?
I sent him an email on monday asking if the package has left the factory and one more on thursday. Still no answer.

Thanks,
Lars

Izzy

Re: No response after purchase at xmiplay via peter
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 07:28:44 PM »
Welcome Ahija!

Don't worry man, it's pretty normal. Iplay really needs to be more communicative after the sale but yeah, we've heard this story before. Don't worry/stress you'll get your goods. If there are any issues, they will take care of you. Communication may not be the best in the world but they are an honest company. Give it a week or a lil more, then if still no frame or response, then come revisit this thread.

Ahija

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 02:01:32 AM »
Hello again,

I know got a response, although not the kind of response I wanted to get.
It seems that Peter is no longer working for iplay. At least that's what Bert is telling me now.

I sent my purches invoice to Bert and now I am waiting again. Hopefully they can send the frame asap. It's been two weeks since my purchase and as it seems there hasn't been any action after my payment.
But a least now I know what's going on!

Greetings from Germany,
Lars

Code: [Select]
Hi, dear Mr Lars,
Wish you  are fine and thanks for your email.
Peter will not work in our company , this is Bert  who took over his work. you can send email to bert@xmiplay.cn in the future for our company's goods.
May I ask what goods you have ordered? I will try my best to serve for you !
Best regards!
Bert

PeterXu

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 10:37:11 AM »
Hello again,

I know got a response, although not the kind of response I wanted to get.
It seems that Peter is no longer working for iplay. At least that's what Bert is telling me now.

I sent my purches invoice to Bert and now I am waiting again. Hopefully they can send the frame asap. It's been two weeks since my purchase and as it seems there hasn't been any action after my payment.
But a least now I know what's going on!

Greetings from Germany,
Lars

Code: [Select]
Hi, dear Mr Lars,
Wish you  are fine and thanks for your email.
Peter will not work in our company , this is Bert  who took over his work. you can send email to bert@xmiplay.cn in the future for our company's goods.
May I ask what goods you have ordered? I will try my best to serve for you !
Best regards!
Bert

Hello Lars,

So sorry about this, for some reason, I don't work for Iplay anymore, I used to own Iplay with Bert and another partner, I offered most energy and time on Iplay but you know...   Now I am establishing my own new company and will sell same products as before, even more new items, I can send you guys what you need now as well if I have the items available in stock. My own new company will be established in 25-35 days, name will be carbonspeed or something.

BTW, this is the tracking number by HK EMS for your IP-057 frame: EA187793167HK

You can track the package via this link: http://www.17track.net/en/

Please feel free to contact me via my own email: petercycles@foxmail.com
                                                                   Skype: peterxu1206
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 10:42:10 AM by PeterXu »

final forum

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 01:38:24 PM »
Peter has treated me amazing and i assume he will help you out as it looks like he already has.

Its a real bummer they would push you out of a company you help start/create/innovate and just get it the name out there.

Good luck on your new venture and I will be sure to tell my bike club of the new company when you have it.

Maybe go for a name that isn't so fabricated in the CHINESE carbon bikes. I mean xmiplay sounds scary for alot of buyers in Canada. They feel like they are going to deal with someone who can't speak english and wont care about what they just sent $1000's of dollars over paypal for.

The more the new store sounds like a legit online frame maker ( WHICH it is)the better.

Ahija

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 02:40:15 PM »
Hi Peter,

wow - that is a real bummer to hear, that you didn't want to quit your job.
I was assuming you moved on to some other company (but I didn't know you were a founder of xmiplay).

I'll send you an email in a couple of minutes regarding my order.

Thanks a ton and I'll definitly spread the word in my group of people about you and your new shop when it goes live!

Oolak

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »
The more the new store sounds like a legit online frame maker ( WHICH it is)the better.

Marketing. The long missing piece in the carbon Chinese MTB import scene.

Just wanted to post, for those who may stumble across this thread, that this was all resolved.. Frame was delivered. Ahija posted about it here: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,526.0.html

Izzy

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 01:19:28 PM »
Maybe go for a name that isn't so fabricated in the CHINESE carbon bikes. I mean xmiplay sounds scary for alot of buyers in Canada. They feel like they are going to deal with someone who can't speak english and wont care about what they just sent $1000's of dollars over paypal for.

I agree with this although I don't necessarily think the fact that it's direct from China should be hidden or downplayed in any way. I prefer when companies are forthright and open about their business models. Hell, they could name it "Chinese Carbon Direct" and if they have a quality website, products that they stand behind 100%, superior customer service and communication (yes, even after the sale) then I think most people would gradually lose any fears they may had about ordering overseas, and they could easily beat out the Chinese sellers. Also honest customer testimonials on the website, featuring pics of those customers and of the person running/owning the company is the way to combat that problem. Imo, of course. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:21:19 PM by Izzy »

christerljung

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 05:46:45 AM »
Hi All, Im´Christer from Sweden, new to this forum.

I had the same experience, nice mail conversation with Peter when Bert suddenly took over. Anyway i ordered frame and wheels a week ago but havent heard anything since then.
Emailed Bert yesterday but no response yet.

Thanks for a great community!
/Christer

PeterXu

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 09:14:26 AM »
Hi All, Im´Christer from Sweden, new to this forum.

I had the same experience, nice mail conversation with Peter when Bert suddenly took over. Anyway i ordered frame and wheels a week ago but havent heard anything since then.
Emailed Bert yesterday but no response yet.

Thanks for a great community!
/Christer

Hi Christer, thanks for your appreciating. Don't worry about your order, it was weekend yesterday, I think you will receive the tracking numbers for your order soon. And after I left Iplay, they have more things to do. Hope you can get your items soon.

christerljung

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 02:17:39 AM »
Thanks Peter!
I got all my parts really fast when it went out from Hong Kong. Delivered in Sweden after 24 hours!!!
Communication with Bert at XMIplay was fast and nice with just a few misunderstandings.