Author Topic: Carbonda CFR-VT02  (Read 242 times)

ElRey

Carbonda CFR-VT02
« on: Today at 02:13:35 AM »
Hi all

Does anyone have any experience with the Carbonda CFR-VT02?

https://www.carbonda.com/road/cfr-vt02.html

I can’t find any talk about it, let alone builds, on this forum or anywhere else for that matter. Maybe it’s newly released?

(The description of it as an ‘ultra weight’ frame on the website might be why no one’s bought it ;) )

Cheers

Ben

Tsunami

Re: Carbonda CFR-VT02
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:24:31 AM »
That should be the Vitus ZX 1  Evo.

https://vitusbikes.com/collections/zx1/products/vitus-zx-1-evo-frameset-07e7

Geotabels are slightly off, but to my knowledge its the same.

Serge_K

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:05:45 AM »
The fork looks like an open mould fork (LT268).
30C clearance, not future proof.
1050+50g weight in M is nothing to write home about, which makes me suspect it's not a new design given they call it ultra light.
100% full toray carbon fiber - could be full T700, you'll never know. Usually when they use high end materials OEMs write about it.
That seat post looks uncomfortable (thin and long, that's what she said). I'd make sure to run max tyre size, and wouldn't buy that unless you're going to have a lot of exposed seatpost (if you have very little saddle to bar drop, consider another frame).
the downtube is quite large / round, for something meant to be aero. You can have a look at the LT268 in comparison that's much more tear drop shaped. Presumably at high speeds, it matters, and dont buy such a frame if you're not going to go fast.

People here say good things about carbonda though (gravel / endurance bikes).

Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

ElRey

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:45:24 AM »
Nice one!

That should be the Vitus ZX 1  Evo.

https://vitusbikes.com/collections/zx1/products/vitus-zx-1-evo-frameset-07e7

Geotabels are slightly off, but to my knowledge its the same.

ElRey

« Reply #4 on: Today at 09:55:21 AM »
Helpful analysis, thanks. I’ve got a couple of Carbondas and rate them highly. Not that put off by the 30mm max tyre size, which - if their other frames are anything to go by - is probably conservative and I’ve got an all-road bike if I want 32+. But the weight is probably the killer for me - looks like I’d be hard pressed to keep a painted XXL build under 8kg without shallow rims and/or draping it in lightweight carbon bits.

If it is the Vitus ZX 1 Evo , and sure looks like it, it’s been out a while. Wonder if they’ve got something else in the making.

Cheers
Ben

The fork looks like an open mould fork (LT268).
30C clearance, not future proof.
1050+50g weight in M is nothing to write home about, which makes me suspect it's not a new design given they call it ultra light.
100% full toray carbon fiber - could be full T700, you'll never know. Usually when they use high end materials OEMs write about it.
That seat post looks uncomfortable (thin and long, that's what she said). I'd make sure to run max tyre size, and wouldn't buy that unless you're going to have a lot of exposed seatpost (if you have very little saddle to bar drop, consider another frame).
the downtube is quite large / round, for something meant to be aero. You can have a look at the LT268 in comparison that's much more tear drop shaped. Presumably at high speeds, it matters, and dont buy such a frame if you're not going to go fast.

People here say good things about carbonda though (gravel / endurance bikes).

PLA

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:24:17 PM »
Side note: when will carbonda release a new road frame? I'd like to try one but their offerings seem like they need updating currently.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.