Author Topic: Workswell WCB-M-062  (Read 115028 times)

dinsum

• View Profile
Re: Workswell WCB-M-062
« Reply #585 on: April 27, 2017, 09:20:55 AM »
Hey Everybody

Purchased this frame last year and it has been great! I really do like how it performs and feels

Yesterday was quite a sad day for me though, i noticed a crack on my frame, I weigh 78kg and the terrain I ride in is pretty easy going XC, i got 100mm rockshox fork

I was wondering if anybody else has experienced cracking in this location?  I attached a picture, it is cracked on both sides

I sent a message to the aliexpress seller I purchased from hoping they can do something for me since it has a 2 year guarantee they say

If you guys could check these spots and let me know if yours shows any signs of cracking that would be great, I think this might be a common thing since I have a crack at the same spot on each side of the tube, right on top of those metals hole covers

Rick64

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 27, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »
Sorry to see your frame cracked :( Just checked mine and all looks good, but I've only had mine a few months.... Thanks for the heads up and hope you get a new frame under warranty!   ;

dinsum

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 27, 2017, 10:17:11 AM »
Thanks

Yeah hopefully they can help me out, one of the reasons I purchased this one was because of the two year guarantee

If they don't help me out one way or another I will be very disappointed, whats the point of a 2 year guarantee if something like this doesn't fall into the warranty?  if they complain that the frame isn't completely broken would that mean I need to keep riding it until the frame breaks in half and I break my face? lol

Anyways I messaged them yesterday and haven't heard back yet, will update once I get a response

Does anybody happen to know the most reliable chinese mtb 29er carbon frame?  is it the IP-057?

carbonazza

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 27, 2017, 10:39:28 AM »
Very sad to see that...
You are the first to complain about such crack to the 062( any crack, if I remember well ).
If it is on both sides, I wouldn't ride it anymore :o

I've ridden mine for few thousands km and do not have any crack, even after being hit by a car recently  ???

Did you buy it from Workswell?
They seem to have an ON/OFF support service, I wish you luck.

More than the frame, is who you buy it from that matters.
I had a crack on a 041( a seat tube defect in the first batch ), and it was replaced by Peter from xmcarbonspeed very quickly.
The replacement 041 has now thousands km too, and still going fine.

The 256 has tiny seatstays, mostly like the 062's in fact.
As you ask, the 057 looks indeed very solid from their owner comments.

Good luck and let us know.

bxcc

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 27, 2017, 10:44:37 AM »
That does suck! Looks like I'll be giving mine a once over tonight.

dinsum

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 27, 2017, 11:38:36 AM »
Thanks for the comments!

I purchased my frame from aliexpress, the seller is "Shenzhen workswellbikes company Store"

They have been nice to me, no complaints about them, the price was right, shipped to me pretty quickly too,

The frame is in perfect condition except for those cracks, I really thought the frame would last forever because im not a crazy rider and its pretty smooth terrain where I ride.

I probably have about 300km on the frame

Ill keep my fingers crossed and hope that they honer their 2 year guarantee and help me out, if not I will attempt a dispute through aliexpress

Will let you guys know how it goes!

RS VR6

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 27, 2017, 07:06:17 PM »
I checked mine. No cracks and I've had if for over two years now.

Hope they get you sorted quickly.

dinsum

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 07, 2017, 10:14:50 PM »
Ok I have been back and fourth with Candy about my issue and she has been a pleasure to deal with, Workswell took responsibility for the frame and they will be shipping me a replacement soon, kudos to them for staying loyal. I cant wait to get back on the bike!!

They are quite surprised that my frame has any cracks, they never get any complaints about the 062 frame so we are pretty sure I just got an unlucky frame or something might have been missed during the assembly process, my friend bought the same frame as me a few months after I got mine and his has no cracks to be found and he weighs 230 lbs.... so its safe to say I have faith in the frame lol

Anyways just thought I would give that little update since I said I would

Thank you all for the comments

Love the 062 Frame!! :)

carbonazza

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 08, 2017, 03:12:21 AM »
Very good news!
Candy just removed all the doubts we may have had recently about Workswell  :)

Rick64

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 08, 2017, 09:41:15 AM »
Great news Dinsum  8)

bxcc

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 08, 2017, 09:45:57 AM »
Very good news!

x2

I have had great luck with them after getting two frames and two forks. But some of the recent questions on here had me a bit worried about ordering another from them for my daughter. Looks like they are trying to do what's right.

RS VR6

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 08, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
Very good news!

Lol...maybe the mods deleting a few of her spam threads helped her along in the "right direction. ;D

MTB2223

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 08, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »
Lol...maybe the mods deleting a few of her spam threads helped her along in the "right direction. ;D
8)

Rick64

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 09, 2017, 09:57:51 AM »
Ive just ordered a spare 062 rear mech hanger from Candy, £13.58 delivered so a great price and service again from WorksWell.........

ximobego

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 09, 2017, 02:11:55 PM »
this model Re: Workswell WCB-M-062 is similar to specialized epic hardtrail but Is your geometry similar to?