Author Topic: Workswell WCB-M-062  (Read 235388 times)

Viperdriver

Re: Workswell WCB-M-062
« Reply #540 on: November 13, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
It seems my 062 has a small crack. http://imgur.com/gallery/NZiPN   the first picture shows the first cracking i noticed. The second picture shows a small crack that i cant feel, however every 2 days it leaks out white stuff.. I asked workswell what to do.. they said ride it harder to see if it is a paint crack or a structural crack. I have since ridden it 500km standing more and mashing it as much as I can.. I really can't say if it has gotten any larger, but we will see since I have only had my frame for 1 year/1500km.. I weight 200lbs and ride 99% xc trails with no major jumps/drops..

Will keep others up to date on the process with them.

Mine's cracked in this identical location.  It's got 1300 miles on it now, and the crack started maybe 200 miles ago. It's slowly gotten worse and has now appeared on the other side of the tube as well.  I mean very slowly.  Can't say I'm all that confident anymore in it, I fully expect it to fold in half everytime I cross a rock garden.  For that reason I'm planning to replace it with a name brand frame that probably costs 4-5 times as much.  All in all, I still got my money's worth from the 062. 

d34n

« Reply #541 on: November 14, 2016, 05:48:00 PM »
Do you have pics Viper? I would love to pass them on with my pics to workswell.. 

camperxr

« Reply #542 on: November 18, 2016, 04:22:50 AM »
Terrible experience with Candy Wang on Aliexpress.
20 days from the order and they refuse to ship the frame.
Be aware.

carbonazza

« Reply #543 on: November 18, 2016, 05:12:52 AM »
Terrible experience with Candy Wang on Aliexpress.
20 days from the order and they refuse to ship the frame.
Be aware.

Is it the shop of Workswell? Do you have the aliexpress link to share ?
Did you start a dispute already to involve aliexpress? I found them quite effective when something goes wrong.

I'm appalled on how workswell is shooting themselves in the foot(if not higher :) ) like this.
They've built a good reputation here during the last months, and it is suddenly going down in flames.

camperxr

« Reply #544 on: November 18, 2016, 08:10:27 AM »
This is the link: https://goo.gl/1Jtegl
Ordered and paid the 29OCT16 on aliexpress, after she asked 55 USD more on Paypal for XDB shipping. Then after 10 days and no shipping she says "No rear hanger. We are now waiting for the parts". In the meantine I have extended the order time limit.
After many reminders she says

2016-11-14 22:37:35
"I promise, we will ship it today.
Really because of the recent frame to sell too much, no much frame in sttock, a lot of have to re-production again,
We're trying to do the stock in our warehouse right now.
regards
candy

........  :o

2016-11-17 00:56:41
Hi, dear
sorry, the order have been shut down , but your frame is we have sent to the XDB company yesterday , i think tomorrow will arrive at to the XDB company
In order to avoid affecting the delivery speed, please re order
I am sorry i forgot to fill the tracking number in the AliExpress, then the order is shut down

Crazy!

Now they want I pay 10 Eur more because she forgot to enter the tracking number???

Bah!
Sorry but I'm really disappointed. :-(

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #545 on: November 18, 2016, 08:19:47 AM »
After reading that, I would say their responses are totally unacceptable and I would never order from them in the future.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

karstenhorn

« Reply #546 on: November 18, 2016, 11:28:07 AM »
After reading that, I would say their responses are totally unacceptable and I would never order from them in the future.

I totally agree and they should be confronted by the senior management from this site and if not able to bring a very good excuse/compensation - Immediately banned from this community.

It is borderline fraud in my opinion and if it was me, I would have started a fraud investigation already with Aliexpress.

Karsten

bxcc

« Reply #547 on: November 18, 2016, 02:22:18 PM »
This is odd and not good. I have 2 of their frames and have had great luck with communicating with them. There was a mix up between two of them when they shipped my plus bike but they honored the original agreement and got it fixed in a timely manner. I hope they can get their stuff together because I really do like their frames. The geo on most of their stuff is a little more modern than the rest of the vendors.

RS VR6

« Reply #548 on: November 18, 2016, 03:34:26 PM »
When I ordered my frame on eBay...it took them two weeks to ship my frame. I got the same song and dance when I asked when they are shipping the frame.  ::)

A lot...I would say most do not stock the frames or parts they sell. They are usually made when you order them as you will get options with whatever you may order...bottom bracket, weave, finish, etc. They also make more than just bike parts. So its possible that if they get a big order...they'll put your order aside to work on a different one. When you order from China...you need to have plenty of patience...and keep your expectations low.

What the rep should not have done it keep telling you that the frame will ship...when they are not obviously ready. They need to just give a straight answer when it'll ship.

I ordered three pairs of carbon rims from another company in October. They gave me a 7 to 12 production time and a 5 day ship time. So I wasn't expecting the rims for 3 weeks. I never got an email for a tracking number...until I asked for an update. Turns out they shipped the rims and I got them a week earlier than I expected. 

You need patience when dealing with China. If you're in a hurry...you'll be in a world of frustration.  ;)

carbonazza

« Reply #549 on: November 18, 2016, 03:43:26 PM »
@camperxr, when you look at the feedbacks on Aliexpress they are great.

As RS_VR6 says, breathe :) and take that time to choose the components wisely and wait calmly.
We all went through this at some point, and it generally ends happily.

camperxr

« Reply #550 on: November 19, 2016, 12:16:36 AM »
I know they have great feedback and I know and tried the frame too! I'm angry because I have extended the delivery time until 20 days, I trusted in Workswell but they have been unable to send it in 20 days!!!
Anyway I paid a new order because I like to ride not to do bargain but I'm still a little furious ;-)

d36

« Reply #551 on: November 30, 2016, 03:59:19 PM »
the beast is complete

some small dramas;
cable routing was a major pain in the ass and I didn't realise i ordered remote lockout forks!
I must have thrown out the lever with the box :(

In a couple of weeks I will shorten the steerer (once I figure out how high i want my bars)

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #552 on: November 30, 2016, 04:23:00 PM »
the beast is complete

some small dramas;
cable routing was a major pain in the ass and I didn't realise i ordered remote lockout forks!
I must have thrown out the lever with the box :(

In a couple of weeks I will shorten the steerer (once I figure out how high i want my bars)

Funny, I just sold a barely used Fox CTD lever on eBay a day or two ago.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

d34n

« Reply #553 on: December 02, 2016, 07:45:17 AM »
Those forks didn't come with a lockout, even though the description said they did. I ordered the same ones, and then nothing came with the forks. I wrote CRC and they gave me an $80 canadian funds discount on top of their cheap price, so I only paid $250 canadian for them.. Those remotes are pricey though.

d36

« Reply #554 on: December 03, 2016, 11:04:27 PM »
Those forks didn't come with a lockout, even though the description said they did. I ordered the same ones, and then nothing came with the forks. I wrote CRC and they gave me an $80 canadian funds discount on top of their cheap price, so I only paid $250 canadian for them.. Those remotes are pricey though.

haha phew

I honestly couldn't remember because it was so long ago
crc are sending me another lever which is awesome