Author Topic: Recent Ride Containment Thread - Post Your Recent Journeys Here  (Read 17012 times)

SportingGoods

• View Profile
Re: Recent Ride Containment Thread - Post Your Recent Journeys Here
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2016, 10:18:25 AM »
The picture is from SC website. I'll capture one of my test bike and post it here. It's the same color (that I don't like, yellow is better to me) but has the Eagle setup. I don't know the actual price of this bike but considering the Enve rims, it's probably very high.

Carbon_Dude

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2016, 10:23:41 AM »
Yep, the bike you rode has an MSRP of $7,999 USD without the Enve carbon wheels.  So I'd expect it to be close to $10,000 USD.
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

bxcc

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2016, 05:44:11 PM »

All in all, would I trade my bike for the Tallboy CC? Maybe not. And we talk about a bike that probably costs 3x mine. Only the price tag would get me to trade it, but if you ask me what I want to ride everyday, then that's my CS-496.

That's why it's just foolish to only have one bike! My wife has the yellow Tallboy 3 and it is an absolute blast to ride. But you are right that it still isn't a hardtail when it comes to climbing. I will say that it's one of the best climbing squishy bikes I have ridden but it's not the same as a rigid back end.

http://imgur.com/uUJ8SKK

SportingGoods

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2016, 04:37:20 AM »
That's exactly what my friend who tests hundreds of bikes said. This TallBoy is probably the best Full-sus bike he ever tested. He commented as well on the HighTower that it was not as good. My experience on full-sus is too limited for me to compare, all I can say is that it is a great bike. But I love even more climbing then going down, so my current CS-496 is what I need for now.
I forgot to mention that the tires are great too! I would see one in the rear, and still a Nobby Nic up front.

Here is some pictures, before I return the bike  :'(

« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:38:53 AM by SportingGoods »

cmh

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2016, 11:23:46 AM »
This TallBoy is probably the best Full-sus bike he ever tested.

Funny, I rented a 29er TallBoy carbon when I was in Pisgah a couple years back and came away as unimpressed with a high end suspension bike as I've ever been. Giant Trance the next day was much more enjoyable. Maybe something amiss with the rental bike but came from a good shop and looked to be in excellent condition.

tripleDot

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2017, 04:10:47 AM »
Not exactly a recent ride, it's my exploration ride that consists of a couple of Sundays and a 2-day Holy Week ride (basically March to April).

There's this island called Samal that's about 15min by ferry boat from where I live. I've been riding there for a few years now but have mostly stick to a few familiar loops. So I decided to explore the island and a nearby smaller island (Talicud) with a series of rides. That means going farther or taking routes I haven't took.

Each of the Sunday ride is 70-80km, while the 2-day ride was a total of around 150km.

These are just a few of the places I've been to, there's still a lot of trails to explore. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did... okay, there are some sections that I started to ask myself "This isn't easy... why am I doing this again?"

From Samal Island...

From Talicud Island...

There's actually a bunch of cemented road but who wants to see them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:15:07 AM by tripleDot »

Sitar_Ned

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »

What a beautiful place to ride tripleDot.. lucky to have that so close to where you live! Thanks for sharing.