Author Topic: Recent Ride Containment Thread - Post Your Recent Journeys Here  (Read 80489 times)

cmh

Re: Recent Ride Containment Thread - Post Your Recent Journeys Here
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2016, 08:35:32 PM »
Bummer - cuz anything that makes a timelapse of a night bike ride not vomit-inducing is pretty amazing.

I was kicking around the idea of trying to make my own with a Raspberry Pi or an Arduino-like microcontroller (probably the better platform for this) with accelerometers and servo motors, but it's still a bit past my skill level.

RS VR6

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2016, 05:57:51 PM »
Few pics from Red Rock Canyon near Las Vegas. 45 degrees out.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 06:06:12 PM by RS VR6 »

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2016, 06:52:16 AM »
Nice shots RS VR6! How was the ride?
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

bxcc

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2016, 08:02:53 AM »

Very nice. That's the Workswell frame correct?

RS VR6

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2016, 03:21:14 PM »
Nice shots RS VR6! How was the ride?

Ride was awesome. Lots of rocks and sand. A big departure from my local trails being mostly hardpack dirt. There are a few sections where I was wishing for a slacker head tube.  ;D  ;D

The views are pretty amazing.

Very nice. That's the Workswell frame correct?

Yep.

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2016, 08:25:34 PM »
I would hate to fall on a cactus!
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
Atlanta, GA

325racer

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2016, 07:02:02 PM »
This week I had to head out to a small town Safford, AZ, 2 hours east of Tucson for work.  I decided to bring a bike on the chance I would have time during daylight to ride somewhere along the way.

Luckily I did a good job getting things fixed up in one day, which meant I had plenty of time for a ride on my way home.  Leaving Safford at 9:30 am, put my at the south side of Tucson by 11:30 where a trail complex called Fantasy Island located just south of the Air Force Graveyard.

I saw it on both MTB Project and a recommendation from another forum, this is an IMBA managed land, so totally bike friendly, all one way single track.  As I look at the website is says something about needing a Permit, guess I missed that, oh and didn't see any signs onsite saying that.

http://www.sdmb.org/trails/fantasy-island/

Anyway, the trails were fun, wound back and forth, up and down through some washes, lots and lots of cactus that could ruin your day if you stray of trail.  Since it was mostly all flat, only 345 feet of total elevation over 17 miles, I ended up doing 17 miles and feeling pretty good when I was done.  I had only planned on doing 10-15, but 1 missed turn and a 2nd wrong turn made it 17.

If your ever in the Tucson area, I would recommend it, for day or Night, but make sure you study the maps before heading out, because you could end up with 26 miles if you ride all loops.

MTB2223

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2016, 07:23:55 AM »
oh whow! I really love these posts, like the pictures of these nice trails. Please keep posting. It's on my bucket list to ride someday in the USA.

Vipassana

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2016, 04:32:00 PM »
I've been here, but not to ride.  Very neat and fantastic pictures.  Thank you for posting.

This week I had to head out to a small town Safford, AZ, 2 hours east of Tucson for work.  I decided to bring a bike on the chance I would have time during daylight to ride somewhere along the way.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.  Tucson is my old stomping grounds and I miss it.  I really wish I could have been down there to ride with you.  Chinertown meet up style.

If you ever find yourself in Phoenix/Mesa/Gilbert area for work or anything, please contact me.  I know if MANY places to ride around here and I'll gladly meet up to ride.

oh whow! I really love these posts, like the pictures of these nice trails. Please keep posting. It's on my bucket list to ride someday in the USA.

Come visit Arizona and I'll show you some incredible rides and hikes. 

This offer stands for anyone on here.

cmh

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2016, 07:53:25 AM »

That's a cool idea, and same goes for anyone in the Philly area... except for trekcarbonboy, I've already ridden with him. ;D

Might that be an idea for a sticky thread - we've got the "where are you from?" but also have something similar for finding folks to ride with?

outriding9800

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2016, 08:48:27 AM »

That's a cool idea, and same goes for anyone in the Philly area... except for trekcarbonboy, I've already ridden with him. ;D

Might that be an idea for a sticky thread - we've got the "where are you from?" but also have something similar for finding folks to ride with?

Ha i rode with a bunch of people from philly a few months ago and really liked the trails around metro detroit..

holla if you are going to visit..

(or anyone else)

bxcc

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2016, 02:04:22 PM »

I like that idea. "come ride with me" type

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2016, 08:15:08 AM »
Ride meet up sticky created.
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
Atlanta, GA

trekcarbonboy

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2016, 03:56:57 PM »
The Chiners have invaded the New Jersey Pine Barrens!

Total of three (that I saw) .057's out there today. Myself and my buddy Marty, and our friend Scott that we passed going the opposite direction.

Ran into CMH out there too. Was a good ride till he and his wife blew me up with their fresh legs (yup that's my excuse  ;) ). I was at mile 18 when they started and by mile 22 I was toast. Took about 3 miles to recover and finished up alright but the damage was done.  :-[

cmh

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2016, 06:52:24 PM »
The Chiners have invaded the New Jersey Pine Barrens!

Hah, I was going to make a post to this effect! Yours is better because photos.

Total of three (that I saw) .057's out there today. Myself and my buddy Marty, and our friend Scott that we passed going the opposite direction.

There was a whole bunch of horsepower on Chiners out there today. If not for bearing issues, there might have been an 041 out there as well! If you think Chiners are just for casual riders, I'll go ahead and point out those three examples as proof that's not the case!

Ran into CMH out there too. Was a good ride till he and his wife blew me up with their fresh legs (yup that's my excuse  ;) ). I was at mile 18 when they started and by mile 22 I was toast. Took about 3 miles to recover and finished up alright but the damage was done.  :-[

Hahaha, technically she wasn't the one setting the pace at the beginning, (she started off at the tail end!) she just didn't get nuked by it like you and I. Towards the end, she took the lead and just flew away - the pace was strong but not insane until she took over so I thought I'd actually stick with them this time. Only Nick and Ed could even keep her in sight, Lance and I finished up at a slightly saner pace.