Author Topic: My experience with Xmiplay..  (Read 27373 times)

scottbeam

Re: My experience with Xmiplay..
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 09:46:02 AM »
ok, back with an update.

I received my reshipped frame last week.  quality looks to be great and i got exactly what I ordered.  the only oddity is in the finish.  I ordered UD glossy which is a normally a clear coat over raw carbon, without the cosmetic weave layer.  this frame has a solid glossy black paint coat.   not a big deal, just a different take on it i guess.   it seems to match up to the pictures on the xmiplay website.

overall review of xmiplay?  i'm going to have to give Peter a low grade in his communication.  it was a major pain to get him to reship a frame after the first never showed any tracking updates.  my guess is it never left his location.  it was only after posting up on this site that I got a decent response from him, the rest all seemed to be delaying tactics on his end to just keep waiting for it to hopefully show some tracking info.  also peter seems to be a 1 man operation, if he is out of the office, your emails will go unanswered.  if you are reading this peter, and if you have more people working with you, perhaps some better email address that can get a quicker better response is in order.  for the actual product, so far i can only say it's an A+.  without having put it together yet or ridden it, from just the overall initial quality, it's as I expected.

would i buy from xmiplay again?  that's a toss up i suppose.  i'm sure the original lost frame was a rare event and the one i did receive seems to be great.  there are other vendors out there that have just as good quality and at the very least the same level of irritation in dealing with them.  the frame i received has a serial number starting with "LTK" which seems to indicate it's actually from LTbikes.com, so you can almost always find the same frame from a different vendor.

jocu3

Re: My experience with Xmiplay..
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 07:01:26 AM »
My IP-036 frame is almost here (through customs today). I ordered it from Xmiplay /Peter like many others here. So far Peter has answered all my questions promptly. He only forgot to send me the tracking number, but same day i was going to ask him I got notice from the post office that the frame has arrived to customs and I needed to pay the taxes.   I will see hopefully tomorrow how is my matte UD 29er frame.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:04:03 AM by jocu3 »