Author Topic: Bad reviews?  (Read 4859 times)

byrt

Bad reviews?
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:31:37 AM »
Hi Everyone
Has anyone else have been promise a free gift (part/component)for the frame that you are buying to find out that they have "forgotten" to send it?? that they will post 2 gifts on my next order.
I bought a frame from http://www.xmiplay.com/ and they told they will send me a free seatclamp.

Just be aware...

Carbon_Dude

Re: Bad reviews?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »
My first frame had the free seat clamp from XMIplay included in the shipment, my second frame they forgot to send it.  I later ordered some wheels and Peter included the free seat clamp with that order.

It's a $5 seat clamp so it wasn't a deal breaker either way.  Not sure if they honestly forget to include the clamp or if they really don't like to send free stuff.  What really matters to me is the frame, wheels, or whatever I am initially placing the order for is received in good condition and is of good quality.

2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

MTNRCKT

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 09:04:05 AM »
I agree for the most part that it's just a $5 seat clamp, however, it is just as vital to your bike as any other component. I'd be willing to bet that they just forget to put them in there. They shouldn't take it so lightly imo, though. When doing business with someone, even a small thing like this erodes at the trust you have in working with them. Either come through with the seat clamp or don't promise it to me.

Either way, it's a good thing to be aware of - Thanks for the heads-up, byrt.

RS VR6

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 08:15:06 PM »
"Next order"...good one. What if I don't make another order?  ::)

jwilds1

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 05:49:47 AM »
I had two misses.  First, I was sent an incorrect size seatpost (ordered 31.6, received 30.9).  Second, they missed throwing in the chainstay protector.  Even though Peter had already left XMIPlay, he did everything he could to make it right by offering up shipping the correct post and chainstay protector - I turned down the post, as I had already bought one elsewhere.

That being said, I'm still happy with the overall process and I'm playing around with the idea of doing another bike for my son if any of these suppliers can come to the table with a 14"-16" frame.

Recommendations -

Confirm, then re-confirm the entire order before PayPal'ing any money.
Confirm, then re-confirm stock availability of the components you want.
See if you can put in writing that if anything is missed or incorrect, the supplier is responsible for making things right.  This may not hold any water, but can help - none of this "Customer pays shipping on missed/incorrect parts", next order BS.

motherator

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 04:57:47 AM »
Just to add in regards to xmiplay.

I ordered a full set of carbon parts for a 27.5 mtb from Bella around christmas and had a very good experience dealing with her.
The fork broke and i contacted paul which after a factory review of the pictures i sent, sent me a replacement fork quickly.
I just received it just now and its working superb!

my biggest problem with buying parts "out there" in China was with my own customs and tax office..