Author Topic: Brand new 27.5er carbon fat bike rim 50mm width  (Read 6013 times)

zoe07

Brand new 27.5er carbon fat bike rim 50mm width
« on: June 09, 2015, 03:05:59 AM »
I am new here and found here for vendors, so hope you can have a look on our products.

Xiamen Boostbicycle 2015 new carbon fat bike rim

Size:27.5er
Type: Clincher Hookless
Material: Toray T700 full carbon
External width: 50mm
Internal width: 45mm
Rim depth: 25mm
ERD: 555.6
BSD: 584
Weave: 3K/UD
Spoke hole: 28/32/36/64
Weight: 470±15g (XC)
Brake system: Disc brake
Assembly Hole Dia.: 7.5mm
Valve Hole Dia.: 6.5mm

This rim is our brand new product, it has not posted in the website.
If you want lighter, we can satisfy you. Any problem, welcome to contact me via: zoe@boostbiciycle.com
Thanks!

Boostbicycle carbon bike parts. www.boostbicycle.com

MTNRCKT

Re: Brand new 27.5er carbon fat bike rim 50mm width
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 02:30:12 PM »
Hi zoe07. So you're a seller.. This is the company you represent? http://www.boostbicycle.com

I've seen quite a few sellers join the forums and make a couple of posts and drop a link to their website where they can. They have the right idea because I do believe there is opportunity for someone to come in and build a business on this forum. I actually used to market online ecommerce sites in other markets and utilizing a topic oriented forum was always part of the strategy. To summarize, you have to give before you can get as a business these days because consumers have so much to choose from on the internet. So far, I don't see anybody other than Peter doing that at all. And he does it in the form of giveaways it seems. Smart, but there are other ways that nobody is delivering on. Information is the most valuable thing.

zoe07

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 02:13:52 AM »
Yep.
Most of us are trying to make our products visible in that way. Thanks for your advice and wish you could win the free rim. I agree with you that it's good method to broadcast. He has some accumulation. What do you think if a seller is just start and doesn't have the ability to give for free?
What information?

MTNRCKT

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 10:02:08 PM »
Well, if I was starting out, I'd look for opportunities to teach people about the carbon industry. Lots of questions but not many answers, really.

For example this thread: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,625.0.html  where MTB2223 has crack in the frame and glue is coming out just a little.

Here's a quote from "SportingGoods" in that thread:

That's good info... Glue for PS foam. I really care less for the crack now then for the fact that they don't allow their frames to set (at room temp or accelerated in a oven). It sounds like an expedited manufacturing process to me. Maybe w/o any consequence, maybe not. For sure I don't like it.
Changing the frame won't fix it if that's their standard process.

Most people reading that thread will have similar questions. Why is there glue coming out? Is it normal? Is it because the company was taking short cuts in the manufacturing process? Is it just the first layer and nothing to be concerned about? People are interested in the manufacturing process but are still pretty clueless about it, I think.

That's just one example of where providing valuable information could help you build trust in your brand. It doesn't happen over night and it's lots of work but building a business is always hard.

Like I said, just one example. You definitely don't have to give stuff away for free to market your business effectively. Also, have a banner graphic made to put in your signature area of your forum profile (don't think there are forum rules against this but maybe ask one of the mods). That way whenever people read your helpful responses they will then look at your brand and logo. Over time, you build trust with the community and hopefully get some sales. Standard online marketing stuff. That said, I realize it must be a challenge to market to people that speak a different language and have a different culture, since effective marketing is all about knowing your customer.

Good luck!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 10:08:12 PM by MTNRCKT »

MTB2223

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 04:24:16 AM »
Well, if I was starting out, I'd look for opportunities to teach people about the carbon industry. Lots of questions but not many answers, really.

For example this thread: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,625.0.html  where MTB2223 has crack in the frame and glue is coming out just a little.

That's good info... Glue for PS foam. I really care less for the crack now then for the fact that they don't allow their frames to set (at room temp or accelerated in a oven). It sounds like an expedited manufacturing process to me. Maybe w/o any consequence, maybe not. For sure I don't like it.

Most people reading that thread will have similar questions. Why is there glue coming out? Is it normal? Is it because the company was taking short cuts in the manufacturing process? Is it just the first layer and nothing to be concerned about? People are interested in the manufacturing process but are still pretty clueless about it, I think.

That's just one example of where providing valuable information could help you build trust in your brand. It doesn't happen over night and it's lots of work but building a business is always hard.

Like I said, just one example. You definitely don't have to give stuff away for free to market your business effectively. Also, have a banner graphic made to put in your signature area of your forum profile (don't think there are forum rules against this but maybe ask one of the mods). That way whenever people read your helpful responses they will then look at your brand and logo. Over time, you build trust with the community and hopefully get some sales. Standard online marketing stuff. That said, I realize it must be a challenge to market to people that speak a different language and have a different culture, since effective marketing is all about knowing your customer.

Good luck!
+1 . Really nice words !

Jerryno

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 06:54:55 AM »
I totally agree with MTNRCKT - to buy a carbon part from a Chinese manufacturer I basically need to know 2 things:

- Detailed specifications (geometry, what will fit to the frame and what not - what size chainrings forks and tires will fit in) - this is sometimes lacking and the website doesn't provide much.

- The quality, because my life will depend on it. I need to be sure if it's fine to go 40mph downhill and if the part will not break under braking.

This forum is great for answering both these questions from customers that pioneered and tried it. But the negative is that your sales will improve with delay after a new frame is community-tested. Because we don't know anything about the new frame and how it compares to the tested ones (manufacturing process, testing,..).

So it would help in general if:

- Specifications would be available in detail. Also I would like to know how one frame differs from another (stiffness, comfort, etc.) because usually manufacturers sell lot of models and it's hard to choose.

- The manufacturing process and the testing of the frames. It's not enough to only say T800 cabon (in better cases) and show some old testing report which no ones understands for a different part. It would be good to see the process itself.

I believe that seller offering better information will get better trust and more sales.

Izzy

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 02:54:26 PM »
Great discussion.

This forum is great for answering both these questions from customers that pioneered and tried it. But the negative is that your sales will improve with delay after a new frame is community-tested. Because we don't know anything about the new frame and how it compares to the tested ones (manufacturing process, testing,..).

Interesting. I've never thought about it that way, but you're totally correct.. Sales of a new frame are on a sort of time delay due to potential buyer's hesitations.

zoe07

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 05:15:51 AM »

Good luck!
Many thanks for your detailed and nice reply, MKNRCKT. That's exactly what I am concerned about. Actually, we're trying to share some knowledge about carbon industry and there is some articles in our website, include some manufacturing process. In term of the "lots of questions but not many answers", I think it's a little hard for us to find it, we have FAQ, but we can only answer the question that like the crack individually.
About the signature, I write it in some forums, some may be annoyed about that. I hope one day I can give useful responses like you. Thanks again.

zoe07

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 05:34:33 AM »
I totally agree with MTNRCKT - to buy a carbon part from a Chinese manufacturer I basically need to know 2 things:

- Detailed specifications (geometry, what will fit to the frame and what not - what size chainrings forks and tires will fit in) - this is sometimes lacking and the website doesn't provide much.

- The quality, because my life will depend on it. I need to be sure if it's fine to go 40mph downhill and if the part will not break under braking.

So it would help in general if:

- Specifications would be available in detail. Also I would like to know how one frame differs from another (stiffness, comfort, etc.) because usually manufacturers sell lot of models and it's hard to choose.

- The manufacturing process and the testing of the frames. It's not enough to only say T800 cabon (in better cases) and show some old testing report which no ones understands for a different part. It would be good to see the process itself.

I believe that seller offering better information will get better trust and more sales.
Useful words.  What you said is most of us lack of. There is still a lot of work to do and a long way to go.  :)