Author Topic: The Zipper. An eBay Fr-202 build  (Read 7918 times)

Zipper

The Zipper. An eBay Fr-202 build
« on: September 02, 2015, 12:26:57 AM »
I tried to add pics in the attachments, but ii get an error saying the upload folder is full?.

Anyway....Got the Frame in 7 days. Was surprised by that! Looks like I'm gonna need to get a headset for it, the one from my Giant doesn't feel/look right. Any recommendations? I'd like to get it ASAP as that is all I'm waiting for at this point.

The fit & finish is good, a few small details I can point out later, but nothing that some patience & an attention to detail didn't take care of.

As soon as I can figure out the picture upload thing I'll get some up. 

MTB2223

Re: The Zipper. An eBay Fr-202 build
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 12:29:19 AM »
I tried to add pics in the attachments, but ii get an error saying the upload folder is full?.

As soon as I can figure out the picture upload thing I'll get some up.
Please take a look at this topic: http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,196.0.html

Zipper

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 12:35:00 AM »
Thanks, I Followed directions in second post. Tried multiple times with different size file pics. Still got same error message every time.  -upload folder full, use smaller size pics, contact admin.

I don't have a 3rd party pic hosting thing set up so not sure about he first option.

LHSN

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 12:57:06 AM »
Thanks, I Followed directions in second post. Tried multiple times with different size file pics. Still got same error message every time.  -upload folder full, use smaller size pics, contact admin.

I don't have a 3rd party pic hosting thing set up so not sure about he first option.

probably option for uploading attachment was still on. click on the "+Attachments and other options" and see if yourt file is still attached. "Clear attachment"
I had same problem yesterday. I hope this helps

MTB2223

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 03:08:29 AM »

Please use the 3rd party solution ( http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,196.msg1594.html#msg1594 ) , you don't have to register.

The upload folder is full and we can't delete the images in the upload folder to make more space. Maybe we'll disable the attachment function on the forum and the only way to put in pictures is by a 3rd party hosting ....

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 06:49:17 AM »
Sorry for the inconvenience.. I'll see if we can get more space available for uploading images. Until then, the third party hosing website really is the best way, and you don't need to create an account. After you upload your image (ignore where it says enter your email to save and share) scroll down to the "Hotlink for Forums (1)".. copy that link and paste it in your post and your good to go.

Postimage.org is a good one, but I personally always use Imgur.com

Steps for Imgur:

1) Click "Upload Images" at the very top of the site next to where it says "imgur"
2) Click "Browse your computer"
3) Double click the image you wish to upload
4) Click "start upload"
5) After it uploads, you want to copy the link next to where it says "BBCode (message boards & forums)" and paste it in your post.

Between those two sites hopefully one will work for you. Like I said, we'll try to get more space, but even when there is plenty of space the third party option is superior because image size is limited when uploading to the forum and it also causes the forum to load slower. MTB2223is most likely right, we should just disable the forum upload feature altogether.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:57:14 AM by Sitar_Ned »

Zipper

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 01:27:25 AM »
Here's a couple to start

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:48:37 AM by Zipper »

Zipper

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 02:03:56 AM »
Forgot the details

17.5 frame  1274g bare.

The lil things~

Clean up derailler hangar slop- easy, forgot to take an after pic

Lack of paint (?) on BB shell & at the water bottle mount holes- easy with some matte black spray

And then there was just a general smoothing out the seat post tube-was way too rough for my liking, the post slides so much smoother now. just used 3m red scotch brite pads. Also smoothed out top & bottom of headset. No pics of that :o

Pretty happy with it otherwise. I guess that's the trade off for saving a few $$

MTB2223

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 02:55:58 AM »
Sorry for the inconvenience.. I'll see if we can get more space available for uploading images. Until then, the third party hosing website really is the best way, and you don't need to create an account. After you upload your image (ignore where it says enter your email to save and share) scroll down to the "Hotlink for Forums (1)".. copy that link and paste it in your post and your good to go.

Postimage.org is a good one, but I personally always use Imgur.com

Steps for Imgur:

1) Click "Upload Images" at the very top of the site next to where it says "imgur"
2) Click "Browse your computer"
3) Double click the image you wish to upload
4) Click "start upload"
5) After it uploads, you want to copy the link next to where it says "BBCode (message boards & forums)" and paste it in your post.

Between those two sites hopefully one will work for you. Like I said, we'll try to get more space, but even when there is plenty of space the third party option is superior because image size is limited when uploading to the forum and it also causes the forum to load slower. MTB2223is most likely right, we should just disable the forum upload feature altogether.
Great tip Sitar_Ned, added this one to the "How to post a picture"-topic.

Carbon_Dude

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 06:30:01 AM »
Zipper, thanks for posting pictures of your FR-202.  Your frame is much rougher looking that my IP-057. 

I didn't need to do anything with mine other than clean out some epoxy in the BSA BB threads.  I'm not sure why it seems the Flyxii frames have more problems out of the box than those supplied by Peter at XMCarbonspeed when they are all supposedly made in the same factory.  I'm wondering if the quality slipping or if Peter is able to pick and chose which frames he sells.

Here is a picture of my IP-057 I purchase a little over two years ago.  So far the frame has been flawless and trouble free.
2019 Stumpjumper Expert 29/27.5+
2017 Santa Cruz Stigmata
2017 Trek Stache 9.8 (29+)
2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Carbon Comp 6Fattie (27.5+) (Sold)
2016 Trek Stache 9 (29+) w/upgrades (Sold)
2014 -036 Full Suspension Chiner (Sold)
2013 -057 Hardtail Carbon Chiner (Sold)
Atlanta, GA

Izzy

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 11:23:52 AM »
Hey Zipper, can I ask how much the frame cost you? I've been around the Chiner scene for a few years and looked at lots of pics, and C_D is right.. that frame looks rough. I'd probably try to get a replacement sent out by Flyxii. If they don't agree, then we need to make a sticky thread or a banner ad (Sitar_Ned?) warning people to not purchase from Flyxii. That's unacceptable. Unless, of course you got it for a couple hundred bucks.. then it would MAYBE be acceptable.

That said.. You can probably ride the hell out of it and those cosmetic blemishes will never matter. I guess it's all about the price you paid and what's important to you.

Zipper

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 02:22:14 PM »
$300 shipped to my door in 7 days.

Really?  A banner ad saying don't buy? That might be a bit extreme.

In all honesty Everything fit fine to begin with. I, just being nit picky, decided to do what I did to clean it up. I very well could have slapped the parts on it & everything would be fine. But hey, if I got the time while I wait for parts to show up, why not spiff things up to my liking?

Sitar_Ned

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 04:41:06 PM »
Yeah.. A banner ad is a bit much, Izzy. Lol.

Honestly, for $300 shipped I think it's a pretty damn good deal so long as everything is fully functional. Now, if you would have paid $550 shipped, like I and many others have, then maybe there would be something to be upset about.

I'd be perfectly content with that frame for that price and 7 days shipping.

Izzy

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 04:47:45 PM »
Haha. Ok, maybe I got a lil carried away with the whole banner ad thing!  ;D  But I was thinking he probably paid $500-600 for the frame. I agree that for $300 shipped that's more than acceptable.

Zipper

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 07:48:54 PM »
Ok movin on with more info on build..

Here's the donor for some stuff. My goal for this project was mainly because I'm tired of dragging this 29 lb tank around the forest. Gonna squeeze in a few upgrades while trying to keep the budget down & fun factor up.

New parts for build-
 700mm flat bars  114g
Carbon stem 120g (with bolts)
Carbon seat post 230g
Carbon seat 106g
Xt shifter & derailler 380g
Esi grips 54g
Maxxis beaver 29x2  520g &492g
Kenda tube 180g each

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:59:29 PM by Zipper »